Photo

Air Gun Help.

5 replies to this topic

#1 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

How would I combine two airtanks together?
Like, say I wanted to combine two AT2K airtanks together, and add a ball pump or something, would I need to make one?
And if I did, would I need to make or combine check valves or anything else???
Thanks,
-keef
Timothy M-Lick <3

#2 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

I believe that there were some people who would internally mod their AT2K tanks, so maybe use their reattachent technique and cut it so extend it. I don't know if it would double it.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#3 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

By the time your'e doing that, you might as well just make your own air tank.

#4 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

How would I combine two airtanks together?
Like, say I wanted to combine two AT2K airtanks together, and add a ball pump or something, would I need to make one?
And if I did, would I need to make or combine check valves or anything else???
Thanks,
-keef

Just buy a titan and use that valve.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#5 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:52 PM

You might as well just make a tank for it, its a lot less time consuming, and not that hard to make overall. Just take a piece of PVC and an endcap and glume them together then glue the whole thing until the air tank.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:22 PM

To hook up two guns that use a dump valve style trigger to a single pump each gun would need it's own check valve inbetween the pump and the gun. The check valves will allow one gun to fire without emptying both at the same time.
Any kind of check valve meant to work with air will do.

To hook one or more AT2ks up to a tank without having to worry about how long you're holding down the trigger you would need a ball or push-button valve inbetween the gun and the tank. The valve would be opened and then closed inbetween shots to conserve the tank.

If you are talking about the kind of ballpump you get from the dollar store, those do not include a check valve, nor do they have a an easily adaptable port.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 18 August 2007 - 11:25 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users