Sspb

Pump problem...

5 replies to this topic

#1 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

I got my SSPB the other night and decided to plug the OPRV, so I did. But now when I pump it doesn’t actually pressurize, or whatever you’d call it. Although I did get it to once after I plugged the over pressure release valve… but never since then. I already tried putting e-tape around the plunger head, under the o-ring and pumping quickly (fast strokes.) So any help would be appreciated.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#2 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:06 PM

Since you mentioned th you got it to work once before, it sounds like you burst the valve, by overpumping.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#3 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

You've probably plugged the valves that let air into the pump chamber. These are one-way valves that let air in, but not out so you don't want to block them. Try taking off all the glue (scrape it off, use tweezers, whatever works). If there are multiple holes, plug the one in the center. Can you get pictures up to see if there are any cuts, because if you cut the plastic to get to the pump, that's not good either. The membrane that is the air tank could also have burst if you put in too much pressure.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 18 August 2007 - 01:09 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#4 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

I don't believe that the valve popped. Because I got it to pump, so I pumped it 3 times. then fired it. Then it wouldn't do it again.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#5 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:04 PM

Where did you make the cut so you could get into the pump chamber? You might not be pumping it in a straight enough manner. Mine has that propblem some times.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#6 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

I don't believe that the valve popped. Because I got it to pump, so I pumped it 3 times. then fired it. Then it wouldn't do it again.

Exactly. If the valve or tank membrane popped, then it would be impossible to do it again. Hold your finger over the barrel to see if air comes out and pressure builds behind it. If it does, then the valve is trashed. If it doesn't, then the pump isn't working or the membrane has popped. Pressing the trigger with your finger still blocking the barrel will help you decide, because if pressure builds, then the gun works or the membrane burst and does not work as well as it did. If nothing happens after pumping, blocking the barrel, and pulling the trigger, then the pump is shot.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 19 August 2007 - 12:04 AM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users