Hell Before Halloween!

Bringing back the Canadian Nerf wars!

71 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

Thats right, Nerf wars will be happening- once again in Canada.

Hell before Halloween or Hell for short, will be held at the Meadowvale Conservation area.
The current date is set for October 20th
Time: 10:00am until we cannot Nerf anymore.

Current list of people who are showing for sure.

The Cardiac Kid
The De-commissioner
Forsaken_angel24
Captain Slug.
Maltese Falcon
Hexen
John Z
Amil
Griffin +1 or +2
Dead Dumpster
Corey the Roofer.
Deaddumpster.
Ivgeni
Rami
Paige
Peter Di
Gabriel
Edwardo
Jessie
Stu
Echo
Sean Van Steijn
Tyler Gross
Blink 182!

Post here or pm me if you would like to come. The more the merrier. If you do not have an account yet, you can contact me through Forsaken_angel24@hotmail.com

I will edit this first post when more confirmations and info comes in.

Any Americans want to come up here?
It would be interesting to see if any of the old Canadian Nerfers show up.

Here is the satellite view.
http://maps.google.c...z=17&iwloc=addr

It has washrooms with sinks and soap.
Looks like awesome grounds for a Nerf war.
Onto the photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Now we have a video too.
Hell Before Halloween.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 15 October 2007 - 08:30 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

Hell yeah, I`m in. I might be able to convince Gyrvalcon to come along. Being a conservation area, do they allow camping?

Also, we need to get some rules laid out, what is and isn`t allowed. Obviously eye protection is mandatory; what guns won`t we allow?
I`m all for no singled titans, or any other high out-put guns of that sort. However, majority rules, so we have to reach a consensus. Anybody?

Edit:
SOME RULES:
1) Singled Titans still undecided.
2) Eye protection is a must. Eyeglasses alone for 18+. Under 18 requires additional eye protection. It's for your own safety.
3) Working on it...

Edited by Prometheus, 21 August 2007 - 10:19 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#3 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

Only 7 1/2 hours away. Leave at 2 AM... Start at 10 AM. Eh...
Id love to come, I might even have my full license by then so I'll have a ride but theres still the money factor and the parent factor.
I'll start talking to my friends to see if anyone else is up for the trip.
It doesn't look like I'm getting to Hershfest so this would be great.
I don't know put my down as an extreme maybe at this point.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#4 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

Damn... Why can't there be an awesome Nerf War in Montreal. Why.

Oh well, you guys have your fun. I'm not even done modifying and making stefans anyways.

*Sniffles*

#5 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

Hmm. It's close to Buffalo, but I don't think I could get there. I'll just have to settle for hoping that everyone isn't too tired to come to the MiniCon war we're going to run on the 28th. :)

#6 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:32 PM

I know I won't be able to make this as I have my brother's bar mitzvah, but maybe the rest of my 50 person clan can (/sarcasm).

Edited by The Shadow, 15 August 2007 - 11:32 PM.

I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

Prometheus: Unfortunately the parks close at 11:00 around here. So sleeping in the field isnt going to work.
I don't want to ban any guns except for a singled Titan. Everything else should be fine. If it shoots under 150' then I am fine with it.

Skitzo, it would be awesome if you could make it. If you wanted to come down the day before and spend the night somewhere I am sure we could work something out.

Yazzeh: Montreal is only 5 hours away and you don't even have to cross the border. In 2 months and 4 days I am sure you would be able to finish a decent primary and side arm as well as make at least 100 darts in that time frame.

Thom: I believe Buffalo is only 2 hours away. Do your best to get out here.

I will have directions edited into the first post in the next few days. I also took some video footage of the park.
I may have a video up later too.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#8 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:38 AM

Yazzeh: Montreal is only 5 hours away and you don't even have to cross the border. In 2 months and 4 days I am sure you would be able to finish a decent primary and side arm as well as make at least 100 darts in that time frame.

Yes, yes, I am aware of how close I am. Unfortunately, I don't have a driver's license or a car. Or much money... (Think in the 20's of dollars). I would be very interested in coming, but alas, my parents won't drive me, none of my driving friends are interested in Nerf enough to go with me and I don't have the cash to get there any other way. Some day, when I'm about 21 or something, I'll break free of my restraints. And perhaps even get a job.

Haha... yeah... sure.

#9 supercraft99

supercraft99

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:17 AM

Aww, crap! Some guys get a Canadian Nerf War going, and it's in Ontario. Sucks for us BCers, anyway. But maybe one day we'll make it out there, one day...
QUOTE(Nonsense Man @ Aug 21 2007, 05:40 PM) View Post

Do you mean 50 feet or is it 50 inches??

Vancouverites (and surrounding areas), PM me if you Nerf.

#10 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:23 AM

Why don't we make the canada war smack dab in the middle of the country aka my house. Equal travelling for everyone!
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#11 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

Hey, next year I'm open for any wars, be it 'geddon, Apoc, or some ho-down in BC. But right now we've looked at where we have a large concentration of nerfers. Ontario has 1/3 of Canada's population (last time I checked), so Ontario it is.

FA24: No prob, I'll get a greyhound night bus home. Then I can sleep on the drive.
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#12 Alex Bock

Alex Bock

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

I may be able to com out for this since it's only about an hour and a half from buffalo.

[-> alex <-]
babyb@lasertagguy.com
http://www.myspace.com/bock_boy
[-> Alex <-]

#13 Griffin

Griffin

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:59 AM

As long as the "Boss" aka the wife does not make any plans, myself and at least my oldest son should make it. It will be interesting to see which of FA's newest creations he's working on show up at this war. From those that I have seen in his workshop I cant wait.

Edited by Griffin, 18 August 2007 - 01:00 AM.

#14 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:03 AM

A bit off topic: supercraft, I have about 4-6 friends that nerf, n-strike also nerfs aswell maybe we can organize a small nerf war I suppose?

#15 The Cardiac Kid

The Cardiac Kid

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:24 AM

I'm sure if anyone needs a place to sleep for a night i will be able to accomodate for a night.
I will have to go back to University the day of HBH but i can have someone over the night before,

#16 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

I'm sure if anyone needs a place to sleep for a night i will be able to accomodate for a night.
I will have to go back to University the day of HBH but i can have someone over the night before,

I'm still working on the greyhound schedule, but even if worst comes to worst and I could pitch my tent in your yard that'd be awesome. So you'll be there I assume, or do you leave early on that day?

Edit: Right now it looks like I might be able to be there for 11:00 am. I just need to find out where the greyhound station is from the conservation area. My home trip is 8:00pm departure. Might need to tweak it a bit.
Edit 2: See second post for some basic rules.

Edited by Prometheus, 21 August 2007 - 07:23 PM.

#17 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

Edit:
SOME RULES:
1) No singled Titans
2) Eye protection is a must. Eyeglasses alone is still undecided.
3) Working on it...

I am not sure about the Titans part of it. It will be October and we may have light jackets on. I am like 15% to allowing singled Titans. I will allow Titans that have not had their pump plugged. Eye protection is a must for everyone. Glasses are fine for anyone over 18. Anyone under 18 that needs to wear glasses will be required to have some better form of eye protection.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#18 supercraft99

supercraft99

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

A bit off topic: supercraft, I have about 4-6 friends that nerf, n-strike also nerfs aswell maybe we can organize a small nerf war I suppose?

Sure. I'm kinda packed right now, but in the fall, that sounds like a good idea.
QUOTE(Nonsense Man @ Aug 21 2007, 05:40 PM) View Post

Do you mean 50 feet or is it 50 inches??

Vancouverites (and surrounding areas), PM me if you Nerf.

#19 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

Lets keep this thread on target about Hell Before Halloween.
Any other Canadian wars can have their own thread created by someone else.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#20 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

Are you going to be able to bring some red foam to the war? I am cheap and prefer not to pay shipping if I can avoid it. I am interested in around 100', depending on $/ft. cost.

#21 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:51 PM

I will be bringing some foam to the War. 100 feet for $30 flat. People will get the "I actually go to Nerf wars" discount.

Video uploaded on Youtube.
Hell Before Halloween video.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#22 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:57 PM

Whoa thats a first lol,forsaken angel thats the one in Mississauga yes? alright I might be able to come just gotta find a way to get around there.
Ill travel with someone lol, Anywho this is pretty extreme cant wait to try and make it.

(fixed)

Edited by joeyaglr444, 05 September 2007 - 03:38 PM.

Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#23 the beast

the beast

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:05 PM

joeyaglr444, try getting your grammar right and also dont use any AIM terms like lol or such. Plus the edit button helps alot.

#24 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:11 PM

I may be interested in attending. No promises, but airfares are much cheaper than they were last time I looked.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#25 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:33 AM

Cs, It would be awesome if you came.

I think I should be able to get at least 5 other friends of mine to come.
It all comes down to me just calling them and willing to mod something for them.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users