Longshot Full Auto Mod

I Heard A Rumor!

48 replies to this topic

#26 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

God I hope that doesn't make him change his mind. Nice half ass attempt, though.

Anyways, a full auto Longshot has four problems that I can see easily.

1. Completely infeasible. If you're going to make a full auto gun with a motor, you'd be better off starting with a Razorbeast. The motor required to cock a spring is going to be large and heavy, not to mention the battery, and the torque required to cock it would easily crack the plastic frame, shell, and bolt sled. So, now you're going to have to rebuild the whole structure of the gun out of aluminum, machine a custom interface plate, probably add a custom step-down gearbox, in addition for making allowances for the motor and battery. If you can do all of that, why even both sticking it in a longshot? The challenge of getting it to feed and shoot darts is probably 5% of the overall challenge, you might as well just make it a pure home made.

2. What would be the point? If you could have it be 5 rounds or more a second...OK. Now you've got 1/4th of an RF20, or half of a Magstrike. Only having 6 round clips is a pretty big disadvantage. Yes, if I got my drum mag working that would be mitigated, but still :P

3. If you're going to be firing 6 shots in 1 second full auto, how is that tactically different than firing a 6-shot shotgun blast? There are many more simple ways to make a 6-shot shotgun.

4. If, as you're saying, you're going to slow it down, then what's the point? With a shotgun foregrip I'm pretty sure I can dump a magazine in 3 seconds or less.

This whole thing sounds like something a 13 year old would tell a 12 year old to try to impress him. Not something actual modders would even contemplate for as long as I have in making this post. :P

Um no, to make it auto it wouldn't crack the plastic at all, now that i think about you don't even need a spring! I have no idea what you are talking about! And it would have a few advantages like distance and it would be extremely acurate if you did it my way! Also for that matter did i ever say it would work? NO, i was simply saying it is somthing for someone to try! And no just cause you got me so mad i am going to do it, post the results but even if it works i am not going to say how! Wow see this is what happens when i just get mad like with One Man Clan, fhew. Alright i need to chill for a second!

Where do you here a rumor about modding a nerf gun?

Friends, Other Sites ect :)

Um i forget the site, and did i say it tells you how to do it NO will you pay atention to the topic! RUMOR! He gave ideas on how it COULD be done, not how he did it. PAY ATENTION OKAY! And yeah a realize the thing with the topic order is all screwed up!
Shooting Things Is Fun!

#27 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

*Holds head in hands*
Go ahead and try to do it, I'll bet both my left leg and right ear that you can't do it. People have already told you the hundreds of problems that would make this impossible.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#28 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

*Holds head in hands*
Go ahead and try to do it, I'll bet both my left leg and right ear that you can't do it. People have already told you the hundreds of problems that would make this impossible.

Sure i wil do it! :)
Shooting Things Is Fun!

#29 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

God I hope that doesn't make him change his mind. Nice half ass attempt, though.

1. Completely infeasible. If you're going to make a full auto gun with a motor, you'd be better off starting with a Razorbeast. The motor required to cock a spring is going to be large and heavy, not to mention the battery, and the torque required to cock it would easily crack the plastic frame, shell, and bolt sled. So, now you're going to have to rebuild the whole structure of the gun out of aluminum, machine a custom interface plate, probably add a custom step-down gearbox, in addition for making allowances for the motor and battery. If you can do all of that, why even both sticking it in a longshot? The challenge of getting it to feed and shoot darts is probably 5% of the overall challenge, you might as well just make it a pure home made.

2. What would be the point? If you could have it be 5 rounds or more a second...OK. Now you've got 1/4th of an RF20, or half of a Magstrike. Only having 6 round clips is a pretty big disadvantage. Yes, if I got my drum mag working that would be mitigated, but still :P

3. If you're going to be firing 6 shots in 1 second full auto, how is that tactically different than firing a 6-shot shotgun blast? There are many more simple ways to make a 6-shot shotgun.

4. If, as you're saying, you're going to slow it down, then what's the point? With a shotgun foregrip I'm pretty sure I can dump a magazine in 3 seconds or less.

This whole thing sounds like something a 13 year old would tell a 12 year old to try to impress him. Not something actual modders would even contemplate for as long as I have in making this post. :P

Um no, to make it auto it wouldn't crack the plastic at all, now that i think about you don't even need a spring! I have no idea what you are talking about!

What is your method that wouldn't need a spring, increases accuracy, and yet doesn't deal with any of my other issues? I can't possibly imagine what they could be.

The only ways you can utilize a motor to propel darts are:

1. Have it cock a spring
2. Hook it to an air chamber and have act as a compressor
3. Direct interface side wheels like the Tommy Mech 20.
4. This is a huge stretch in the interest of behing comprehensive, but I guess you could have something hit the back of the darts.

And it would have a few advantages like distance and it would be extremely acurate if you did it my way!

Which of the methods I listed are you going to use improve what we've already done to the Longshot: get over 100' with extremely good accuracy and 90 rounds per minute ROF, since you didn't even argue with my points that the full auto-capability was going to be the advantage of your setup.

Also for that matter did i ever say it would work? NO, i was simply saying it is somthing for someone to try!
And no just cause you got me so mad i am going to do it, post the results but even if it works i am not going to say how!

Way to contradict yourself. You have a way to do it, but it won't work, but you want someone to try it, but you're not going to tell anyone what your method is that you want them to try? :)

Edited by telekinetic, 16 August 2007 - 01:34 PM.

Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#30 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

Um no, to make it auto it wouldn't crack the plastic at all, now that i think about you don't even need a spring! I have no idea what you are talking about!

What is your method that wouldn't need a spring, increases accuracy, and yet doesn't deal with any of my other issues? I can't possibly imagine what they could be.

The only ways you can utilize a motor to propel darts are:

1. Have it cock a spring
2. Hook it to an air chamber and have act as a compressor
3. Direct interface side wheels like the Tommy Mech 20.
4. This is a huge stretch in the interest of behing comprehensive, but I guess you could have something hit the back of the darts.

And it would have a few advantages like distance and it would be extremely acurate if you did it my way!

Which of the methods I listed are you going to use improve what we've already done to the Longshot: get over 100' with extremely good accuracy and 90 rounds per minute ROF, since you didn't even argue with my points that the full auto-capability was going to be the advantage of your setup.

Also for that matter did i ever say it would work? NO, i was simply saying it is somthing for someone to try!
And no just cause you got me so mad i am going to do it, post the results but even if it works i am not going to say how!

Way to contradict yourself. You have a way to do it, but it won't work, but you want someone to try it, but you're not going to tell anyone what your method is that you want them to try? :)

Your are stupid aren't you! Like i said before READ, it's good for you! I said the method for doing it and i SAID i am not sure if it will work, I SAID I will find out how to do it and I SAID I WON"T SAY HOW I FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET IT TO WORK! READ THE PAGE!
Shooting Things Is Fun!

#31 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:44 PM

Your are stupid aren't you! Like i said before READ, it's good for you! I said the method for doing it and i SAID i am not sure if it will work, I SAID I will find out how to do it and I SAID I WON"T SAY HOW I FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET IT TO WORK! READ THE PAGE!

Are you only capable of responding to the last sentence of any given post?

I've raised about twelve legitimate and practical questions about doing this, and you haven't even made any attempts to address them, or describe what methods you're going to use to be dealing with them. Given that fact, I'd say you are in no position to be suggesting that people need to 'read.'

If you are personally able to make a full auto longshot that functions better than stock, I will personally buy you any nerf gun on the internet as a reward. I'm almost willing to make my offer 'one of every single gun in production' except I'm afraid you might just stick the tommy 20 mechanicals in it and try to win on a technicality.

Forum, you're my witness. King of Nerf, if you get banned, my offer still stands...my email is themartinsector@gmail.com. Email me a video of you and your gun with a link to whatever auction or trader listing you want me to buy you, and it's all yours. No time limit, take a year if you have to.

Edited by telekinetic, 16 August 2007 - 01:47 PM.

#32 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

Are you only capable of responding to the last sentence of any given post?

I've raised about twelve legitimate and practical questions about doing this, and you haven't even made any attempts to address them, or describe what methods you're going to use to be dealing with them. Given that fact, I'd say you are in no position to be suggesting that people need to 'read.'

If you are personally able to make a full auto longshot that functions better than stock, I will personally buy you any nerf gun on the internet as a reward. I'm almost willing to make my offer 'one of every single gun in production' except I'm afraid you might just stick the tommy 20 mechanicals in it and try to win on a technicality.

Forum, you're my witness. King of Nerf, if you get banned, my offer still stands...my email is themartinsector@gmail.com. Email me a video of you and your gun with a link to whatever auction or trader listing you want me to buy you, and it's all yours. No time limit, take a year if you have to.

Alright but where do you live? How can i prove i did it! I am an extremely honest person but i doubt you will believe me if i said i did it! (To prove this why wouldn't i have claimed to do this already)

Sorry didn't see botom, I don't have the technology for that! Can't send video over the internet

Edited by King Of Nerf, 16 August 2007 - 01:56 PM.

Shooting Things Is Fun!

#33 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

I don't think you have the technology to make this gun, either. That's beside the point. Worry about that when you finish it and it is working. If I have to, I'll fly out and see it myself, but once it is done, if you take enough still shots of the mechanism, we'll be able to tell if it is a workable design.

Again with the not addressing all of the points I brought up, by the way. You'd be better off worrying about them so you can make it work than worrying about how you're going to prove it works once you have finished it.

Edited by telekinetic, 16 August 2007 - 01:58 PM.

#34 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

I don't think you have the technology to make this gun, either. That's beside the point. Worry about that when you finish it and it is working. If I have to, I'll fly out and see it myself, but once it is done, if you take enough still shots of the mechanism, we'll be able to tell if it is a workable design.

Again with the not addressing all of the points I brought up, by the way. You'd be better off worrying about them so you can make it work than worrying about how you're going to prove it works once you have finished it.

Alright i think we have a plan! I will post this on my site soon to see if i can get any other ideas!
Shooting Things Is Fun!

#35 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:49 PM

Oh Jesus Christ, this is fucking painful!
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#36 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

KON, you are a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. The fact that some part of your mind believes that arguing like a little child is going to increase your digital dick size is pure entertainment to the rest of us. We are more in touch with reality on this site. Post your "new modder's wet dreams" on other Nerf sites. If we need to laugh, we will take the extra five second on Google to find them. Otherwise, we don't want anything to do with subjects like this.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 08 September 2007 - 07:45 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#37 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

King of Nerf, you keep saying you don't know how to do it, but you did it. You don't understand this concept of how it would work but yet you claim to have made it. THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING?? Quit contradicting yourself and kindly get your foot out of your ass. To save us the trouble, please dispose of your computer in the nearest window. You fail the internet.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#38 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:34 PM

I apologized if you look up one! I was not meaning to sound so harsh but i was in a realy realy realy bad mood! Again I am sorry okay One Man Clan. Does everyone see it now!

First of all, leave your periods to yourself.

Second,
Guys just leave him alone. Let this kid figure it out by himself that this kind of shit is close to fucking impossible. Nothing can stop a kid from dreaming unless its crushed by him or some else.

So just leave him be.
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#39 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

oops

Edited by Shorty, 16 August 2007 - 04:39 PM.

I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#40 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

King of Nerf listen to the members, they know what their talking about. I know this is more of a Nerf HQ sort of thing but I couldn't resist,
Posted Image
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#41 Mr Evil

Mr Evil

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

In the wise words of frost vecron "this guy is still here?" He's sunk to calling people names and snapping at them. i hope somebody puts him out of his misery before he embarasses himself any more.

Edited by Mr. Evil, 16 August 2007 - 07:52 PM.

#42 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

I think he's been banned.

#43 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:31 AM

He's gone. I think we can stop posting in this topic now, it's pretty much useless.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#44 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

At least we all got a good laugh out of it. Or at least most of us...

#45 gumpduta35

gumpduta35

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

he probably just heard somthing about the vulcan and got it confused with the ls. don't know how that's possible though...

#46 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

he probably just heard somthing about the vulcan and got it confused with the ls. don't know how that's possible though...

He was thinking about the Vulcan in August of 2007? 2007 YOU FUCKING TOOL!!!

Alright listen up assorted retards! In the top left corner of this websight is a link that says "Code of Conduct". There have been about a dozen violations of the topic resurection rule in the last week, so I'm assuming you're not clicking on that fucking link.

Well, I'd advise reading it because from this point forward I'm not giving any more warnings. For example, goodbye gumpduta, pick another hobby.

VACC

#47 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:30 PM

there is a way to make the ls full auto.

1 take a firing video
2 Use the hand not shown to cock the ls
3 use the speed up effect of Windows movie maker
4 post on youtube and call yourself a genius
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#48 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

You forgot one,
5. "Impress" people you don't even know, and then get figured out when you have,
  • No way to explain how it works.
  • No way to show the whole gun.
  • And no proof that it works besides a video that doesn't even show the whole gun, or how it works.
It would be completely pointless to lie to the NIC or the Youtube community. This topic is 1 year old, let it die.
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 22 July 2008 - 05:43 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#49 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

Fucking douche-bags these days, they just don't give up of their own accord.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users