New Nerf Site

Check it out!

25 replies to this topic

#1 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

Like I said before i am not sure if i can do this but i got my own nerf site! It is kinda crappy cause i don't have any post and it took me a grand total of 3 days to make but i would apriciate it if ya would check it out!

http://www.webstarts.com/king_of_nerf

Thanks!
Shooting Things Is Fun!

#2 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:49 PM

In the 21st century, if you code it, they will come – but only if it offers some advantage over its competition. I'm not trying to be mean, but what advantage does your site have over NerfHaven, which has real boards and an existing community? I appreciate the effort that you've put into it, but I don't think that the site really meets that requirement.

BTW: Dreamweaver, unless I miss my guess. It's not doing your idea justice. You always get the best results when you code it yourself. It's harder, but ultimately far more rewarding.

#3 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:57 PM

It has potential, but I'd get more stuff on before posting on such a big Nerf website.

#4 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

I believe that once an admin reads this topic, clicks on the link to your site and reads the cover page, you will have earned yourself a 9999 special.

They should probably also eliminate this topic so as to not subject others to yet another nerf forum. We already have NH and NHQ, plus a few informational boards out ther in the vast space we call the internet. Why do you think we need another? Many people have tried, yet the only ones that are noteworthy are NH and NHQ. If a veteran member of these forums was to do that, I can see them getting a few members, but they aren't going to make another one when we already have two that, from my estimate, contain about 90% or more of the NIC.

Just my age-based opinion.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#5 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:43 AM

The fact that your website has no content posted on it, but you advertise it anyway, and that the home page reads "without all those stupid moderators" isn't good. Good luck explaining that...
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#6 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:11 AM

Posted Image

To submit info simply email rmartin066@yahoo.com with this as the title: The catagory it is under like, Modifications, Buy Sell Trade, Other Topics, followed by a : and then what you want your title to be! The email should include what you want in your post (Typed exactly how you want it) and any contact info (especialy if you are posting in Buy, Sell, Trade) It will apear exactly how you type it in about 5 days or sooner. Somtimes it can take a long time to come up or it might not come up at all if the info is bad! You can send questions too!

Did you seriously just try to pass off a version of a manual 'email to post' email list server SO ANCIENT it doesn't even have a name, as a substitute for a forum??!

I also enjoy how...

make posts for free with out all those stupid moderators!

(as if we pay to make posts at other nerf forums, incidently)

Anyways, I enjoy how that directly contradicts

Somtimes [your 'posts'] can [...]not come up at all if the info is bad!

There's no moderators or moderation, but our 'bad posts' might not show up? Hmmmm...
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#7 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:52 AM

Like I said before i am not sure if i can do this but i got my own nerf site! It is kinda crappy cause i don't have any post and it took me a grand total of 3 days to make but i would apriciate it if ya would check it out!

http://www.webstarts.com/king_of_nerf

While I'm not about to hit you with the 9,999 Days of Sorrow just yet, I am gonna go ahead and say this:

Read what others have posted in this thread. Things like "don't link to sites with no relevant information," and "it's pretty dumb to insult moderators on a board known for its heavy-handed moderators." Now, add to that my following advice: learn proper spelling and capitalization.

If you can learn from these three little points, you'll have no problems here. If you can't, you won't be here, and I won't have you as a problem.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#8 supercraft99

supercraft99

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

I was just wondering what you expected to happen when you got 40 (at least) extra e-mails day and have to copy and paste them onto your website. It seems like too much effort for something you technically don't even have to monitor on a regular forum.

Edited by supercraft99, 15 August 2007 - 09:35 AM.

QUOTE(Nonsense Man @ Aug 21 2007, 05:40 PM) View Post

Do you mean 50 feet or is it 50 inches??

Vancouverites (and surrounding areas), PM me if you Nerf.

#9 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

Telekinetic I have to know where you find your pictures.
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#10 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

The fact that your website has no content posted on it, but you advertise it anyway, and that the home page reads "without all those stupid moderators" isn't good. Good luck explaining that...

Oh, I didn't see that part. Yeah, sorry, You should get the most of your Nerf Haven experiance, you may or may not be getting it for quite some time.

P.s. This is what I meant when I said : "I'd get more stuff before posting on such a big Nerf website."

Edited by penguin807, 15 August 2007 - 11:34 AM.

#11 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:57 PM

Great site!

Now I have somewhere else to send banned people. Thanks!

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#12 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

1 I won't make any more posts like this! 2 I know it sucks and i can improve it very easily but i need at least a few things to start with. i am not gonna improve sumptin if no one knows about it. 3 i get that NHQ and NH are beter but did i say anything like mine is beter or anything like that, we all got to start some where so you can shut up cause i don't remember asking for your opinion. 4 I will improve it to use the same system that NH and NHQ uses soon. 5 can yo all chill with theese posts about how sucky it is when i clearly allready know!

Thanks piney, at least my sites is good for sumtin. Send everyone that is banned here! I will take in all your trash and retards! Give me those who can't stop posting and i will give them a home far away from nerf haven! I don't mind having a sucky site cause i don't see any other members with there own site!
Shooting Things Is Fun!

#13 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:04 PM

i don't see any other members with there own site!

There are........ quite a few.....

#14 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:06 PM

i don't see any other members with there own site!

There are........ quite a few.....

Okay so...... i care how?
Shooting Things Is Fun!

#15 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

He was just proving you wrong that there is others that have their own sites. Your the one that made the assumption in the first place.

#16 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

Send everyone that is banned here! I will take in all your trash and retards! Give me those who can't stop posting and i will give them a home far away from nerf haven!

The irony of this is overwhelming. I get the feeling the first 'trash and retard who can't stop posting' is about to be sent.

#17 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

He was just proving you wrong that there is others that have their own sites. Your the one that made the assumption in the first place.

Alright i am just going to drop this okay

Edited by King Of Nerf, 15 August 2007 - 07:26 PM.

Shooting Things Is Fun!

#18 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

I now doubt anyone is going to go to your site.

#19 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Send everyone that is banned here! I will take in all your trash and retards! Give me those who can't stop posting and i will give them a home far away from nerf haven!

The irony of this is overwhelming. I get the feeling the first 'trash and retard who can't stop posting' is about to be sent.

I was just joking okay. I am not sure what your problem is but maybe you should have it checked out by a professional!
Shooting Things Is Fun!

#20 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

Alright it sounded like in your first post that you wanted feedback. Thats what I got from reading it. But honestly, control yourself guys, there's no need to rip on him anymore than this.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#21 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

Alright it sounded like in your first post that you wanted feedback. Thats what I got from reading it. But honestly, control yourself guys, there's no need to rip on him anymore than this.

Thanks! At least some people on this site seem right in the head!

Edited by King Of Nerf, 15 August 2007 - 07:32 PM.

Shooting Things Is Fun!

#22 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

King of Nerf, if your wondering how Bored_kid got those forums you can add it with Freewebs. www.freewebs.com . It would probably make a better layout then your current one.

#23 King Of Nerf BANNED

King Of Nerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

King of Nerf, if your wondering how Bored_kid got those forums you can add it with Freewebs. www.freewebs.com . It would probably make a better layout then your current one.

Thanks! My NEW site is going to be on there!

Edited by King Of Nerf, 15 August 2007 - 07:32 PM.

Shooting Things Is Fun!

#24 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

Also, if you want the page to be shorter instead of freewebs.com/kingofnerf or something you can get a easier to remember name... but it contains ads. www.cjb.net it will turn freewebs.com/kingofnerf to kingofnerf.cjb.net. Way easier to remember.... I remember all this stuff from the days I was bored and made my own sites...

I also suggest you should put the site address in your signature aswell...

Edited by six-five-two, 15 August 2007 - 07:38 PM.

#25 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

I was just joking okay. I am not sure what your problem is but maybe you should have it checked out by a professional!

They were your words, not mine. Although they did sound more harsh than intended--apologies.

I still think this entire thread is ill-advised, however. Sitewhoring, regardless of quality, is discouraged on every forum I'm on, (I assume including this one) except for links in signatures. And your site is in the EXTREMELY early stages to be releasing it to such a large community, espcially if you are representing it as a 'haven' from the Haven. ('away from all the stupid moderators').

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users