The What Should I Get Thread

To reduce the "What gun should I get" threads

67 replies to this topic

#51 NightfinderGFC

NightfinderGFC

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:15 PM

im looking for a long range weapon indoors and outdoors, to fire taggers,micros,streamers,sonic micros,and glow darts

#52 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

I would suggest a cpvc'ed BBB. It will get fifty feet and is relativly easy. Just don't shoot the wine bottle sitting on the counter.
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#53 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:17 PM

I just put a 1/2 PVC coupler on my BBB with a Handyman 9713 spring.

Stock darts go around 70, Mega Stefans go maybe 75 feet, I haven't measured.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#54 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

I want a turret gun with a decent rate of fire and range without a barrel replacement. I can't use shells and I can only use micros. It would be used in an accuracy only matters indoors bunker stealth so a compact size is necessary.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#55 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

Ummm....

Revolver Maxshot, TTG with quick reload/ coupler, or just a mini Longshot with stefans.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#56 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:48 PM

DTG. That was already suggested in the last one-two pages.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#57 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:58 PM

I'm looking for a sidearm with good range that would be used inside. Oh and I already have 2 nf's.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#58 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:03 PM

I'm looking for a sidearm with good range that would be used inside. Oh and I already have 2 nf's.

Well, then it looks like you're good to go. Nitefinders are probably your best bet as they are the furthest shooting pistols in stores. I guess you could pick up a TTG if you really want another sidearm, they're pretty much identical to the NF, just more expensive and they feel different.

#59 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:04 PM

Stick with those NFs, or if you desperately need to buy something I'd get a Crossfire.

#60 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:10 PM

I think I'll just make my 2nd nf my best because my first has a cpvc coupler and a lot of dead space and now I have brass.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#61 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:52 PM

Tech Target or Splitfire.

(sell me a splitfire :P)
Timothy M-Lick <3

#62 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

Tech Target or Splitfire.

(sell me a splitfire :P)

I'd say it depends on the primary you will be using. Something that doesn't have a quick rate of fire, like a single shot air gun, or a long non-removable barrel, I'd go with the TTG. It's you've got a quicker ROF, like a springer with a coupler, or a multiple shot air gun, then you could go with an SF, if you can find one.

EDIT: Keef, I have no idea what you mean, but I edited my post to make it more clear.

Edited by sam, 24 September 2007 - 07:28 PM.

#63 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:57 PM

Ummm.... Coupler?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#64 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

I say that if you use high ROF, get the ttg. If you use low ROF guns, get the SF
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#65 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

Total X-Stream Air Rapid Fire Rev Shot
Anyone gotten this? The Darts it come with look kinda like Stefans. I might pick it up if it's any good.

#66 ddog

ddog

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

Hey,

I have a BBB modded which rocks as my primary. But I only have 2 unmodded Mavs which I will not be able to mod, and an incredibly unreliable Hornet. I am wondering what would be a good secondary and where to get it.

Thanks.

#67 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

Hey,

I have a BBB modded which rocks as my primary. But I only have 2 unmodded Mavs which I will not be able to mod, and an incredibly unreliable Hornet. I am wondering what would be a good secondary and where to get it.

Thanks.

...Does this count as a necro? I guess so. Get a NiteFinder. Get it from WalMart.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#68 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hornets are amazing when they work right. I got 80' on mine with all six shots, but sometimes it doesn't pump, sometimes it does... D:

Nitefinder, Discshot or buy a Crossfire set, because sometimes having two shots as a backup is better than just one.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users