Kbarker's Lbb

With Spidey DTG integration!

39 replies to this topic

#1 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:20 PM

So, I got the super-cool Spiderman Dart Tag set, but didn't have anything good to integrate it into. Then I found an LBB at Walgreens, and here is what I've come up with. Still a work in progress, the fishing line I used for the DTG trigger is too stretchy. I arranged the Spidey guns around the main LBB barrel, and they are fired from a keyring that runs down to the handle. They are pumped with a pump from a SM3K, which is much larger than the stock Spidey pumps. It fills both guns in about 5 pumps. I still need to find/make a handle for the pump. I also took the handle off of the SM3K and used it for support in the front. The LBB itself has very simple mods, but it is really powerful. It just has a coupled 1/2" CPVC barrel, 12" long. I'm going to paint it when I get all the bugs worked out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
-KBarker

My Fighting Robots: http://www.TeamVelocityRobotics.com/

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:26 PM

I am now starting to see what you guys mean.
I love the internal pics.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:40 PM

That's a pretty genius use of the space. I like it a lot.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:00 AM

Wow. Looks like those Spiderman guns really do have a lot of integration potential. Maybe I can put my broken Manta Ray to use now.
Those internal pictures look awsome. I love how everything fits so nicely and how it looks so clean and even.

#5 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:05 AM

It's amazing how clean you make all of your mods look. I can't wait for the ranges and paint job.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#6 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:29 AM

Man I am more and more seeing why I need to get my hands on some of these things.

Nice clean and smart mod as always. :(
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#7 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:30 AM

Nice, I am going to use a couple of these in a manta ray with a couple of other yet to be named guns... it should kick.

I'm sure that looks intimidating from the front.

#8 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

I am now starting to see what you guys mean.
I love the internal pics.

I knew you'd come around. The beauty of it is that you can make the tubing whatever length you want and it doesn't affect the power, since the pressure is stored right next to the barrel. And the barrel assembly is incredibly compact, you can put them onto anything. The hardest part is dealing with all the tubing, that's why I liked the LBB as the whole front of the gun is empty space.
-KBarker

#9 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:05 AM

KBarker, that is truly beautiful. It looks so perfect externally! It just seems like it was meant to be.

#10 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

KBarker, that is truly beautiful. It looks so perfect externally! It just seems like it was meant to be.

Ya It looks as if you bought it that way, that thing is amazing.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#11 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:10 PM

'm going to paint it when I get all the bugs worked out.

Did anyone else catch this?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#12 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

'm going to paint it when I get all the bugs worked out.

Did anyone else catch this?

What's there to catch?
-KBarker

#13 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

Wait wait wait.. Is that BOTH the guns in that six barrel formation? Yes, it is... Wow, that is really too cool. So what is the trigger configuration for firing the STD's (Spidey Dart Taggers)? All you say is that they are fired from a single trigger, does that mean that they both fire a shot at the same time? I can oly see one trigger in the picture, so it's kinda hard to figure out. But anyways, simply AMAZING job doing this, it looks like it'll be one helluva primary.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#14 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

The SDT's are fired from a keyring that is near the LBB's trigger.

#15 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, they both fire off one trigger, so it fires 3 bursts of 2 darts each. It would have been cool to make it able to fire all 6 individually, but I couldn't figure out a simple way to do it.
-KBarker

#16 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, they both fire off one trigger, so it fires 3 bursts of 2 darts each. It would have been cool to make it able to fire all 6 individually, but I couldn't figure out a simple way to do it.

You could do what I had planned for my double hornet, if you're precise: Find a coupler or a piece of PVC with as similar as possible an ID as the trigger tube had OD, and put both trigger tubes in line. Cut the front off one and the back off the other to keep the spacing similar between shots 3 and 4. Use the tubing or coupler as an alignment coupler to epoxy the two tubes together, effectively making one long tube. Use your cleverness to double the length of the shaft on the trigger plunger, and Tada!
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#17 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:14 PM

Bugs... Spiderman...
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#18 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

You could make one spidey blaster's trigger-cord slightly shorter than the other, so you get alternating sequential fire.

#19 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

You could make one spidey blaster's trigger-cord slightly shorter than the other, so you get alternating sequential fire.

There's only one cord.

Telekinetic - I don't get it. Need pics.
-KBarker

#20 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

That wouldn't work because once the shorter string is triggered, it's at it's limit (it won't allow you to pull anymore), so the trigger with the longer string will remain "un-pull-abe".

And to KB, there is a simple way to make the firing system fire individually, just don't integrate the triggers.
If I were to suggest where to relocate the triggers, I would recommend you put the left Spidey blaster's pull-string trigger exactly were it is (in front of the LBB's trigger), and put the right Spidey blaster's pull-string trigger coming out of the right side of the LBB's shell.
It is 3 guns in 1, so why not 3 separate triggers as well?
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#21 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

I see what you're saying, but I think it works better for me like this. I considered leaving the pull string out entirely and just sticking the push buttons out the side, but it would look kinda ugly. I see this being used as a last resort at close range, after missing with the LBB. In that case you'd probably fire off all 6 shots in one burst.
-KBarker

#22 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:41 PM

There's only one cord.

Telekinetic - I don't get it. Need pics.

Here:

Posted Image

You don't really need the coupler if you're super clean with your cut and epoxy job. I'm making an assumption here that the double entry point is for a pump, so just plug the middle pump's spot. I don't know how the firing rod works, but just double the length of whatever pulls it, so it starts at the back and has room to move all the way up. I know this will work on a Hornet or Big Salvo--I haven't bought a spider man set yet but if they work on the same principle, you should be able to make it work.

Edited by telekinetic, 14 August 2007 - 08:51 PM.

Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#23 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:06 PM

One thing I've always wondered is, what does LBB stand for??
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#24 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

One thing I've always wondered is, what does LBB stand for??

Lanard Blast Bazooka

Telekinetic- Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure exactly how the trigger mechanism works, I think cutting there could wreck it. It seems like it should be fine, but I'm not willing to risk my gun for it. You are correct that the double hose towards the front is for a pump.
-KBarker

#25 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

Paintjob is done. I wanted some silver color on the gun, but I couldn't get my masking good enough. I may go back and hand brush it, it's a lot of black. I also finished up the pump handle, which is a SuperSoaker handle, fixed the keyring trigger by switching to picture wire, and added a sight. The SM3K pump actually takes about 7 pumps to fill up the Spidey guns, not 5 as I previously thought. I replaced the 12" barrel on the LBB with a 15" one, mostly for looks, it didn't seem to affect performance. Overall I'm very happy with the gun, the LBB has awesome power and accuracy and the SMDTGs make an excellent backup shotgun-type weapon.

Posted Image

Barrel off:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keyring trigger. I used the smallest picture wire at Ace, 1/8"OD brass tubing, and some crimp-on wire connectors to set it up.
Posted Image

The brass runs between the trigger tubes and pulls on a small plastic rectangular piece that connects the triggers together.
Posted Image
-KBarker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users