A New Modder

11 replies to this topic

#1 Reaper

Reaper

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

Hey all!

I'm new to modding, and would like to give it a try first with some of the guns I already own before deciding whether or not I like it enough to continue. I own:

several Nite Finders
2 Mavericks
1 from the "Dart Tag" set

I've read the one in the Modifications section on the Nite Finder, which looked great. Does anyone have any tips?
I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

Ummm.... Try doing the mod?
Depends on what one too.

Edited by keef, 13 August 2007 - 02:18 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

The nitefinder is by far the easiest gun from that list to mod. There are several mods in the modifications directory pick the one which you like the most. Good luck with your first mod!
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#4 Dragoon

Dragoon

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

Make sure to have all materials before modding. For nitefinders, all you really need are barrel material and cutting utensil. The spring in the nitefinder is strong enough without needing a replacement. Have fun modding!

#5 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:04 PM

I recommend the PETG One Man Clan is selling. It's cheaper than brass and fits most darts quite well.

#6 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:06 PM

For your first couple mods, do exactly as the write up says, and once you get good at modding improvise and make it your own. for your first mod I'd recomend making you maverick's turret pop out all the way (not to be confused with Captain Slug's turret mod.) or a barrel replacement on your Nf.

Edited by penguin807, 13 August 2007 - 11:07 PM.

#7 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:39 PM

I am not even sure the barrel replacement is the easy enough. The barrel that it comes with is okay. Granted, it is not nearly the best. Then again, I am rather biast against the ease of nf barrel replacements.
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#8 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:11 AM

A NF barrel replacement was practically the first mod I ever did, before I discovered NerfHaven, and it makes a huge difference in performance. I'd say it's worth a try.

#9 Nerf Master 101

Nerf Master 101

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

My first mod was Rag's NF mod using 9/16" brass. It was very simple, and it's sick. Mine gets about 65' flat, 80' arched using Buzz Bee micro darts (the yellow/purple ones) and 4 rubber bands.
My Pokemon site: Clicky!

QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 11:43 PM) View Post
I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

#10 Tofu

Tofu

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:44 PM

Dude, yes, im not the only one new here. Wheeeee. First thing is to just do the original mod with the nite finder. it will be good practice and teach you what not to do when modding. you dont nessesarly have to a barrel replacement if you dont want to though. then do maverick ar removal.
I eat air restrictors for breakfast.

QUOTE(P.C. III @ Jan 17 2008, 12:19 PM) View Post

A great nf can beat a crummy xbow...

^BS^

#11 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:01 PM

Not to criticize Reaper, but this is about the millionth Hi-I'm-new-and-need some-pointers thread I've seen. And for good reason – while it's easy to say "do a search", the average newbie simply needs a few pointers to get on their feet (as long as they're polite and reasonably grammatical about it). It seems that it would be useful to have a brief introductory guide to new members and new nerfers in general. I think that it would help both new members by providing good advice and direction all in one place and old members by making the boards – again, no offense, Reaper – less cluttered.

What think'st thou, O board of wisdom?

#12 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

I was biast against it because I tried to do it with hot glue and also kept(sp?) it in the shell.I finally did it.(along with a ppk mod) Oh, and sorry for hijacking your thread reaper.
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users