Photo

Longshot Top Loading Breech

10 replies to this topic

#1 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

The longshot is one of my least favorite guns, mainly becuase it is just so annoying to modify! I had one with a brass barrel that worked most of the time, but this was kind of annoying for use in a war when it would just crap out on you. One gun that I did really like to use in wars was a breech loading 3B, but complications came around to that gun also. So, I was looking at my Longshot this morning and decided to make it work just like my favorite 3B did. Not so long after, this is what I had.
Posted Image
I put some 3\4" ID PVC beneath the bolt, now it looks like this with the breech open.
Posted Image
Breech closed.
Posted Image
Breech open with a shot in breech.
Posted Image
It works amazingly, and is very, very simple. If you hate the guts of your Longshot, I would suggest doing this.
Expect a huge drum mag coming out of the top soon.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#2 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:21 PM

If you use this top breech mod, you can do an easy DTB integration with it, since the middle section of the LS is now hollow (No mag in place), you can run the trigger wire straight through that now hollow space.
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#3 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

That or any other gun, seeing that there is a huge empty space in the gun. Looks like I nned to go get some spidey dart taggers
-Dr. Suess

#4 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

You probably could have just left the clip in to do this- it would have the same effect, but you could still use the clip.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#5 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

The mag has two prongs that come out of the top, so I would have to push the dart into it, unless I cut the tops of them off. But I like it this way better, the mags are one reason for my hate of this gun.
-Dr. Suess

#6 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

The mag has two prongs that come out of the top, so I would have to push the dart into it, unless I cut the tops of them off. But I like it this way better, the mags are one reason for my hate of this gun.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa
The mags are without a doubt the BEST part of the gun. The unrivaled ROF coupled with fool proof reloding is what makes the longshot good. With out the mags, its a subpar crossbow.

#7 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:32 PM

I. Officially. Hate. You. And i mean that in the best way possible. :P

This was going to be my next project... but with brass... And it is going to have a bolt-action-type handle thingy on it.

But yes I hate the mags as well, as mine wont function worth a shit, way to go Turtle!

OMG! This would be an awesome application for my cassette magazine, because its so goddamn easy to lock in. Expect a write up as soon as the hobby shop has brass in the wright size. (<--Haha see? It was a pun!... Fine I'll stop <_< )

Edited by Maeric, 09 August 2007 - 05:38 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#8 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

Alright, this gun worked great with just one shot loading, but I wanted it to have a clip, so it could be a real longshot once more. I thought it would be easy, turns out I was wrong. The first thing I did was to make a cover for the top of bolt sled, since it sticks out and darts that drop in from behind it would get jammed.
Here is the cover:
Posted Image
It looks really cool when it goes into the gun shell:
Posted Image
Then I put a clip on top, but even then I could see one huge problem:
Posted Image
Here it is with the cheat:
Posted Image
Here is the problem:
Posted Image
Since there is such a huge gap in between the clip and the breech, several darts will fall in, ometimes even flipping in the long fall.
Posted Image
This is rather problematic when you push the bolt forward.
Posted Image
So, I've been racking my brains all morning trying to come up with something that will solve this problem. None of my ideas went anywhere, so I'm asking all you intelligent people to see if you have any. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
-Dr. Suess

#9 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

Remove the jam door.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#10 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

Take the cassete clip, tilt it maybe... 40*? Then add two popsicle sticks one that slides in and out of the cassete (cut grooves) then make another bolt typer thingy by adding the other stick to the left or right.
If above made no sense at all, then look at the pic below and imagine.

Posted Image
Timothy M-Lick <3

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

So, you removed the stock magazine system in order to improve reliability. But then you tried to put it back as a gravity clip without thinking it through completely?
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users