Maverick Help,please..

first mod too >_<

12 replies to this topic

#1 NerferKid

NerferKid

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

While I was on a trip to Florida,I did the reloading mod/cylinder mod to my maverick,Everything is ok,except i just can't fire it..the barrel moves,but it doesn't fire.. ^_^ so any pointers would be nice,and this is my first topic.

Edited by NerferKid, 08 August 2007 - 12:12 PM.

...thing happens to mine sometimes, stick your finger in the barrel to make it air tight, then pump a couple times to re-close it... If that doesnt work then you have to open it up and pull the rod back.For me I have to pump 55 and I get a shot that can break through soft wood, consistantly.-rokor

#2 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

You're a little short on details; what do you mean by "it won't fire,"?

It won't cock?
It won't trigger once cocked?
It fires, but the dart doesn't leave the barrel?

More details let people give better advice.

#3 NerferKid

NerferKid

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

oh,sorry.the dart won't leave the barrel even though it fires.
...thing happens to mine sometimes, stick your finger in the barrel to make it air tight, then pump a couple times to re-close it... If that doesnt work then you have to open it up and pull the rod back.For me I have to pump 55 and I get a shot that can break through soft wood, consistantly.-rokor

#4 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Sounds like you have yourself a seal issue. Either the barrel isn't rotating correctly, or the plunger tube isn't in the right space. My guess is the latter of the two. Take it apart and make sure that the small lip on the front of the plunger tube is in the area that it locks into. Usually if I mess something up, I take it apart and put it back together and it works, sometimes I have to repeat the process a few times though.
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#5 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

You may have completely removed the ARs like I did (as opposed to drilling a hole in them[which you are supposed to do]) so if you can put them back in and seal it with glue or something.

#6 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

You may have completely removed the ARs like I did (as opposed to drilling a hole in them[which you are supposed to do]) so if you can put them back in and seal it with glue or something.

Either you have an Air Restrictor removal problem,which happened to me and it shoots 5 feet,or you inserted that little piece at the end of the plunger assembly into the barrel incorrectly.You see the little thing that looks like this?:

______
(__O__) (No immature comments please) It looks like a small cylinder with a huge hole in the middle.

Yeah.Some people accidentally insert that piece backwards.That is most likely the problem.

Edited by Smashkirby, 08 August 2007 - 01:04 PM.

Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

#7 NerferKid

NerferKid

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

thanks everyone,i was planning on removing th ARs anyway :P

#8 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

There's actually a third possibility. Have you taken the trigger assembly apart? I did, and I put it back together wrong. Now, it only shoots once every third time I fire - it skips barrels.

And Smashkirby, I didn't even realize that there was anything funny about your "picture" until you told us not to make immature comments.

Edited by yourface, 08 August 2007 - 02:32 PM.

#9 NerferKid

NerferKid

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:01 PM

There's actually a third possibility. Have you taken the trigger assembly apart? I did, and I put it back together wrong. Now, it only shoots once every third time I fire - it skips barrels.

And Smashkirby, I didn't even realize that there was anything funny about your "picture" until you told us not to make immature comments.

tyvm,but i did NOT take apart the trigger..wait,do you mean the actual trigger itself,or the doodads that connect to it?

Edited by NerferKid, 08 August 2007 - 03:02 PM.

#10 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

I meant the "doodads."

#11 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

Pretty easy way to test if the trigger is put together right: You said when you pulled the trigger, it'll fire (as in, the plunger fires)? And when you pull the trigger, does the barrel assembly rotate? If both of those things happen, the trigger is fine.

I agree with Cennipe, it sounds like a seal issue. Check to make sure that the plunger tube and such are situated correctly, and make sure the AR stuff is in correctly, like Coodude26 said.

Also, AIM abbreviations = bad (tyvm, if you don't know to what I refer).

#12 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

Whatever, it doesn't really matter anymore - I destroyed the turret trying to take it apart. I will be singling it soon.

#13 NerferKid

NerferKid

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

I meant the "doodads."

no.

Pretty easy way to test if the trigger is put together right: You said when you pulled the trigger, it'll fire (as in, the plunger fires)? And when you pull the trigger, does the barrel assembly rotate? If both of those things happen, the trigger is fine.

I agree with Cennipe, it sounds like a seal issue. Check to make sure that the plunger tube and such are situated correctly, and make sure the AR stuff is in correctly, like Coodude26 said.

Also, AIM abbreviations = bad (tyvm, if you don't know to what I refer).

okay.should i just buy a heavy duty o ring?...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users