Nerf Out Oddity Before School

9 replies to this topic

#1 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

I would like to host one last war before school starts, and my first that is open to nerfhaven.

On Saturday, August 25th, there will be a nerf war at my local park from noon until an undecided time.
If you would like to attend...

Bring water. It will be hot.
Eye protection is strongly reccomended. If you have extra, please bring them.
Modded and homemade guns are welcome, but range limits will be set.
The ammo of choice will most likely be micro stefans (homemade nerf darts); other calibers are allowed, but may not be shot back.
Titans, Supermaxx 5000’s, and XXL Monster Bazookas are not allowed.
“Death Darts” will NOT be tolerated.
If you have something to be used as a barricade, please bring it.
Weapons will be inspected at the park.
We MAY be playing around a soccer game.
EDIT: I just remembered, please don't bring black guns. The people in my area are very cautious.
One last thing. If you happen to have spare magstrike clips, I would love to buy them from you.
Aberdeen Park
[12240-12291] Triple Crown Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20878, Montgomery County, US

Edited by lionhead333, 20 August 2007 - 11:32 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#2 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

Eye protection needs to be mandatory, trust me on that one.

I may end up going to this one, since it's one state away. I'll have to check if I'll be doing anything that day and get back to you.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#3 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

I can't make it as I'll be at Hershfest, but what exactly is a, "Death Dart"?

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

I can't make it as I'll be at Hershfest, but what exactly is a, "Death Dart"?

I think he means the darts with legos and parts of air restrictors and barrel posts sticking out of them.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:38 PM

Yep, those are pretty much them. Thanks for covering for me.
The actual 'Death Darts' are made by idiots who think it's fun to stick a thumb tack point forward in a dart.
Also, I forgot to check dates of other wars. Next year, I'll make sure they're not the same date.

Edited by lionhead333, 16 August 2007 - 02:44 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#6 the essence of death

the essence of death

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

Heh, I thought about making a few death darts to hit my brothers with but I wouldnt imagine using them in a real war, especialy not with people I dont know. As for the war. i may try to make it, how far is this gonna be from the philladelphia area? if its under an hour and a half i may try to go

#7 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

I don't know where in Philly you are, but from the Pennsylvania State Hall, it's a 2 1/2 hr drive to the park according to mapquest.
The distance is between 148 and 152 miles. (Mapquest doesn't have an exact fix on the area.)
QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#8 the essence of death

the essence of death

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Ya i probably wont be able to make it then, im just in the philly area not in the city tho, i was just looking for an approximation and because of age things and the possiblity that i may end up going to drop my girlfiend off at school in Vermont the day before, and my cousins will probably be visiting, i probably wont be able to come i just wanted to check and see if it was a posibility. Maybe next time?

#9 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:53 AM

I will not be in attendance as it conflicts with my work schedule, however thank you for informing me of the war.
Tyranny Response Team

#10 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

Well, we had a fun time for only 7 people. Mostly it was just people from my neighborhood, but 2 guys saw this thread and drove here from Bethesda.

Some highlights were
Conor charging blue team with a rf20 only to miss me and Calvin completely.
A 2V2 combat war across the parking lot.
My Big Blast's barrel falling off through 2 layers of JB Weld and a coat of epoxy. Damn.
Red team rushed blue's base, and managed to dispatch Calvin at 5 feet before we could fight them off.
Me trying to rush the red base, and running into a thornbush instead 20 feet away. Painful.
I warned Calvin of a sneak attack, as he dives, rolls, and shoots Jeremy(the attacker) in the chest from 8 ft.
Scott (One of our vistors) defending the base from the entire red team while Calvin and I were attempting to flank them.
The other Scott couldn't figure out that his firefly's rotation mech was jammed, but kept trying to shoot us anyway.
We were afraid to start due to a police officer watching us. When we went to talk to him, he had apparently just pulled into the park to get out of the sun.

Edited by lionhead333, 25 August 2007 - 09:10 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users