Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Basic barrel replacement.

29 replies to this topic

#1 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Recently in Phoenix, I purchased a PistolSplat PS-800 from SportMart, with hopes of acheiving the claimed 100' on eBay. It cost $15 and came with some shitty paintballs, a target and safety glasses. Stock, The gun hardly shot the paintballs, which didn't even burst. The grip is really comfortable; it melts into your hand.

Here is the gun stock: Posted Image

There is an annoying tab of plastic protruding from the grip which hurts your hand. The first order of business was to get rid of it: Posted Image

Posted Image

While opening the gun up, you need to take off the yellow and red rings of plastic. I recommend using a Dremel.

When you open up the gun, a spring and a ring of plastic should pop out at you. These aren't necessary. You will notice that it has a mechanism which doesn't allow the trigger to be pulled if the lever isn't completely down. I would leave this in place, but you can take it off. Here are the internals:
Posted Image

Take the barrel and plunger tube out, and throw away the barrel. Take 5 inches of a tight fitting barrel material, I used CPVC. And glue it directly onto the hole. Glue it well, or the barrel will shoot out. Sideways!!

Posted Image

Close everything back up and test it out.

My ranges were about 80' - 90'. I'm sure someone could do better with a spring replacement, but I didn't feel like it.
This is a great gun for the little amount of work I had to do. The leverage makes it incredibly easy to prime.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:01 PM

Any comparison for the plunger tube size? How big is the spring. Oh yeah, cool mod.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#3 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

Here is a plunger comparison to a NF: The diameters are pretty much the same.
Posted Image

Here is the crazy-ass spring next to a stock NF spring:
Posted Image

It is incredibly hard to compress. I can tell that it is more powerful than a Handyman 9713, BBB spring and an AR-15. It's the kind of thing I'd be scared to put in a Nerf gun. Hell, with all my strength (black belt), I can't even get it to go half an inch, whereas I can easily compress a 9713. Uncompressed it's 5.5" long.

Herer is a size comparison to an At2k:
Posted Image

Edited by blister, 07 August 2007 - 03:21 PM.

#4 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

i havent seen these in stores. are they still around or are they new? for 90ft it must be worth whatever it costs.

#5 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

You ca find them here: http://www.pwpaintba...istol_splat.htm

#6 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

wow thats cheap... almost as much as a nf but it gets 30 feet more. (unless you include all the liars that post absurd ranges)

#7 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:15 PM

Wow, this is great. It looks almost exactly like the Maxshot inside, except for a slightly different safety mechanism. If you give it a nested brass barrel (see cxwq's Maxshot mod for details), it should break 100.

If it's already stronger than a Handyman, don't replace the spring. I've heard stories about exploding Maxshots - with stock springs - and if this is anything like it, you'll want to reinforce it either way.

#8 Jtcm

Jtcm

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

I have the same gun and did a very similair mod to it ( I was going ot make a write up but life got in the way >.<) I think mine is getting low eighties with an OMC PETG barrel.

#9 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image

sorry to necro..... It would seem that someone might have been reading our little forum..

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 13 September 2008 - 09:48 AM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#10 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:51 AM

I'd say thats worthy of a necro, as long as you tell us where you found it : P. These baby's seem to be pretty hard to find.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#11 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:08 AM

Wow its not paintball anymore. Its shooting chalk at each other. It seems........interesting.
Truce.

#12 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

KROGER...

it shoots nerf darts with tips that hold chalk dust..

Don

#13 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

That is pretty cool. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Mmmmmmaaaaaxxshot! Where did you find this new chalk shooting version?

#14 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:41 AM

KROGER...

Kroger?

#15 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:05 PM

Since the necro has been activated...might as well mention that they're still sold guns and readily available at most Sports Authority stores.

I think the first time i saw one of these was when a neighbor kid brought one to my house like 2-3 years ago... hadn't seen one since till earlier this year.

I've been using a couple of these badboys for about 5 months now... did literally a 5 min pistol mod to them in the car before a YANO to make up for the fact that my other primary was toast... (like just cut a 3-inch barrel out of SCUN's "Super-Secret-Barrel-Material", ripped out the stock barrel, slapped it back together) and they perform Exceptionally well. I heart my pistol-splats.

They're amazing to dual wield... it suddenly makes running around with "pistols" a far more "powerful" force on the playing field. Of course... because of that we don't allow their use in traditional "pistol rounds" but that's ok... that's what TTGs are for.

Nice mod. 80-90 is completely reasonable from one of these guns. I Love um'... hope more people start picking them up.

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 13 September 2008 - 03:29 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#16 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:16 PM

I'll have to check my local Spencer's. I remember seeing one of these, but it was 18 bucks, so I passed it up. If its still there I'll buy it, due to Splitlip using one at Millcreek 2 weeks ago. His was another 10 minute mod, and it made me duck and watch out for him.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#17 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

How much do they run for?
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#18 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:19 PM

Here ya go.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#19 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:30 AM

These really are all over if you look. The cheapest place I have found them is here http://www.netlinken....php?prod=PS800 I think i'll order one later today. My current primary is a maxshot which is ironic to me.

#20 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

http://www.brassknuc...stol-p-114.html
The cheapest I could find.. besides the flea market or goodwill of course.

The link isn't broken.. the site is just down right now. Which further exposes my point that no one seems to have picked up on. You can't just pick any site that has something cheap. Look around for reviews. $2 won't kill you if there's a chance that the other guy will just completely rip you off.

Edited by Splitlip, 16 September 2008 - 07:10 PM.

Teehee.

#21 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

I'll have to see how cheap I can get them from Spencer's. Maryann works there and they get some really good discounts. I've always wanted one, but wasn't willing to pay the price.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#22 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

For those of you in the NW. They can also be found at some Fred meyers. Awesome friggin guns.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#23 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

I'll have to see how cheap I can get them from Spencer's. Maryann works there and they get some really good discounts. I've always wanted one, but wasn't willing to pay the price.

I went there today, the one I saw about 6 months ago was STILL there, on sale for 10 bucks. The paintballs were crappy, but I bought 2 packs of 80 for like 2.50 a piece. They were worth it for about an hour of enjoyment.

#24 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

I went there today, the one I saw about 6 months ago was STILL there, on sale for 10 bucks. The paintballs were crappy, but I bought 2 packs of 80 for like 2.50 a piece. They were worth it for about an hour of enjoyment.

"crappy" is almost high praise compared to the reviews those "splatballs" deserve.
Real paintball enthusiasts probably look down on these things about the way we do to the crappy grocery-store SSPB knock-offs.

Is yours labeled "SupaSplat" like mine?

I have some mod ideas I think could turn out really cool, but since it's mostly still pure speculation, I'll keep it to myself until I have something to show.

Yea, it is a SupaSplat. Neat gun I thought.

#25 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

The paintballs were crappy, but I bought 2 packs of 80 for like 2.50 a piece. They were worth it for about an hour of enjoyment.

did your $2.50 packs of "crappy paintballs" come with any lengths of pteg?

Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users