Photo

The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Dedicated to detailed Pics, and cool mods/integrations

119 replies to this topic

#101 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

Bags i love you.

Only real men sport pink on their plastic blasters.

#102 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:54 AM

THAT looks amazingly...well.... amazing! I never would have thought those two could look that good toghther!

EDIT: hey bags, I hve a question about the sneak shot: What is that orange gear-like-thing in front of the trigger?

Edited by All Star, 19 October 2007 - 08:00 AM.

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#103 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

EDIT: hey bags, I hve a question about the sneak shot: What is that orange gear-like-thing in front of the trigger?

Its the wheel/gear you turn so you can move the barrel allowing the gun to shoot around corners.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#104 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:27 AM

WHAT!?!?! I would never, and I mean never, put pink hot glue on my LBB, and its purple! Well... whats left of it anyway, being integrated into a bolt-action RFR with an extended stock, pump replacement (which I believe no one else has posted), locking bolt, and a 16inch barrel. Yup.

.... Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, but I just had to throw that in there, being with my LBB and whatnot.

...This Thread is for EVERYONE! someone else HAS to have integrated these little beasties into a gun by now...

I don't get why so many of you are wiggin' out about the pink hot glue, you know, it makes for AMAZING dart recovery right? and well, once it's in your glue gun... it's neigh impossible to phase it out, kinda like how if you use the glitter glue once, you still get little flecks of it in your plain glue for like, ever.

It's funny, but almost 90% of where there's pink glue on this gun, is covered up by the paintjob now... but I'm going to have to go back and Work some Neon Pink back into it, just for you guys!

THAT looks amazingly...well.... amazing! I never would have thought those two could look that good together!

EDIT: hey bags, I have a question about the sneak shot: What is that orange gear-like-thing in front of the trigger?

The Orange gear is how you rotate the front barrel, if you turn it, it turns the barrel around the corner.

I'll be a bad kid and give you guys another preview of this gun:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Expect the full write-up later this week.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 19 October 2007 - 10:32 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#105 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:42 PM

That looks to be quite impressive. I like what you have created. Now I might actualy do something with my sneek shot which is laying in the parts bin. :P

Edited by Z-man12, 19 October 2007 - 02:43 PM.

I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#106 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:02 PM

Now, I know we are not supposed to use AIM-type abbreviations and such, but I must say that when I saw that picture of that gun pointing in my general direction, I only had one thought:

"O.M.F.G"

After I got over my initial shock, I realized where you had placed the SMDTGs. I had thought that you would attach them to the original barrel, thus allowing you to pump 6, 80' shots around a corner. A practical use? Maybe not.

But, hey, it would have been kinda cool.

Edited by jwasko, 19 October 2007 - 03:04 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#107 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:35 AM

Oh man, I'm looking forward to reading that write-up. Nice job. keep up the good work.

#108 mini

mini

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:03 AM

Ok guys do i finally finished my spidey integration (almost). It is very similar to k barkers but has some very important differences. The main one of course being that it uses the pump from the bbbb. Also i decided to only use one set (2 kinda seemed like a waste). I made a very strange coupler out of 5/8 brass so i dont have to ram rod darts down. Any who its just drying now so ill post some pictures. It should be up and running by this time tomorrow. Id like to thanks kbarker for all the help on this project and also captain slug for the mcmaster hookup.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry the pictures aren't the best. ;) Questions, comments, flames?

#109 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

Thats better than Kbarkers in my opinion, becasue who the hell needs 7 shots? If you need more than 3 shots a target, thats not so good... I like how you hooked the pump from the Big Blast. How many pumps to fill both???

And also, whats going to be the trigger?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#110 mini

mini

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:16 PM

Thats better than Kbarkers in my opinion, becasue who the hell needs 7 shots? If you need more than 3 shots a target, thats not so good... I like how you hooked the pump from the Big Blast. How many pumps to fill both???

And also, whats going to be the trigger?

It shouldn't be more then 10 pumps to fill them both but ill test it out tonight when the plumbers goop drys. The trigger will be a key ring tied to those strings you can kinda see in the picture.

#111 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

What if you made a handle, and kept the old trigger, and when you want to shoot, push the handle forward or something?

Look at my ASCII example ;)

GUN-----------
[} T

The T is the handle, and when it's "triggered" (heh bad pun) it'll look like this

GUN-----------
[} --|

Get it?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#112 mini

mini

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:57 AM

I think i know what your saying. i kinda tried that but found it was really uncomfortable to fire. So status update i had a few leaks but i think i found them all and patched them up, in other words another day till completion :)

#113 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:11 PM

I've noticed that, if I only fire one shot, I can refill that tank without having to fire the other two shots. Note that this is with the overpressure release valve not plugged.

Now, my question is: Can this still be done if the overpressure (OP) release valve is plugged?

A follow-up question, if plugging the OP release valve does take away that feature, is: How much of a range increase did you get by plugging the OP release valve?

Finally, anyone know what the screw right next to the OP release valve is for?

Thanks in advance for any answers. It's just that I'm not sure whether I want to be able to refill a single air tank, or if I want to get better ranges. Then again, I might be able to get both (although I sort of doubt it...).

Edited by jwasko, 25 October 2007 - 12:12 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves

#114 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

The screw is just to hold the Pump head like a NF (I think...)

Would adding a check valve to that let you fire them both at the same time or seperatly?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#115 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

The screw is just to hold the Pump head like a NF (I think...)

That's definitely not the answer. The OP release valve is not in the pump like most Nerf blasters; rather it is on the end of the trigger cylinder. See Bag's first post, the 7th and 8th pictures down. And by the way, that 8th picture shows the screw I'm talking about, too. Thanks for trying though.

Anyone else have an answer to any of my questions?

#116 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:51 PM

WOW, what an amazing little gun! I think they're perfect for integration for 2 reasons. 1) They're small enough to be added to almost any gun. 2) They still pack a very powerful punch I will be adding these to as many of my guns as possible!

#117 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:18 PM

I bought one of em today. Just finished modding 1, and the other will be SUPER SMEXY on my... Well, you'll see.

Get your dicks ready for explosion....
Its coming...
Timothy M-Lick <3

#118 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:52 AM

Damn you, Keef. Smexy is everywhere.

I'm guessing Crossbow or Manta Ray? Those are the only integrations that I can think of off the top of my head that would look hot enough for a dick explosion.

#119 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

I just picked up a pair earlier this week, so for those of you who are wondering if they are still around, they are.

I'm trying to figure out how to integrate one into my longshot carbine right now though. Pics when I figure it out.

#120 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

One of these is definitely going on one of my crossbows.

Took the words out of my mouth
Black Masks & Gasoline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users