Photo

Maverick - Sticky Trigger

6 replies to this topic

#1 Soulforge

Soulforge

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:28 AM

I'm having difficulty with the trigger of my maverick .The main problem is now that the trigger "catches" when it is sliding back and forth on the peg. (The peg that goes through the trigger's long gap.)
Posted Image

But I think it's due to the sliding action of the rod that rotates the barrel. the result is having to pull the trigger forward to complete the cylinder's rotation.

Do I need a new spring? Lube? Sand down some parts? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if this was the wrong forum to ask this in.

#2 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

I see your problem. It's a lil hard to notice at first, but you see that lil + shaped part of the trigger (Under the Blue Peg area)?
There's suppost to be a spring there that pushes the trigger forward. So go searching that spring, or find one that'll fit.

Edit:, wait a min, I haven't touched a Mav ina while... I don't think there was a pushing trigger spring... did the Mav use a pulling spring...

Have you tried slowly disassembling that area and rebuilding it back together? Sometimes that helps when you have an unseen problem. Perhaps the screw holding the trigger was too tight, or something.

Edited by b00m13, 07 August 2007 - 11:40 AM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

The Mav trigger spring is an expansion spring. Did you take apart trigger assembly? If so find that expansion spring and put it back in place.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 Soulforge

Soulforge

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the quick replies! Yes, it's an expanding spring...unfortunately, it's in there and I still have the problem. Perhaps a new spring is in order? I suppose I could get one at the hardware store....I moved the end to the first screw on the rotation mechanism - the upper-left one. Posted Image

Edit - Cheers, Hilt - couldn't find it though...but did you mean the one in this post? Sorry, haha, I was editing it as you posted.

Edited by Soulforge, 07 August 2007 - 12:47 PM.

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

No, you don't need a new one. I mean, that would help, but you can just relocate the old one. There's a picture of how to do it in one of Piney's mods... I would search and find it for you, but I'm in kind of a hurry at the moment. Just look for Piney's name under the Maverick in the mod directory, it should be there.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#6 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

You don't place the spring on the rotator you place it on the hook on the side of the trigger.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#7 Soulforge

Soulforge

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

Yes, Maeric...but the other end can go comfortably on the rotator. Sorry if the pic confused you.

I think the problem is that the spring doesn't jerk enough on the trigger. You know the round hooks you put a screw through? On either end of the extending spring? I think I accidentally uncoiled those a bit, and now they sorta reach too far to snap back properly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users