Maverick Barrel

It won't friggen budge

7 replies to this topic

#1 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

I'm going to do a basic AR removal on my mav,but the orange peice in the front of the barrel that you are supposed to remove won't come out.I've searched for the answers but found nothing.I tried pulling it out with a flatehead screwdriver but how is that supposed to work since the only thing i'll be pushing up in the grey thing.Anyone have any tips for me?
Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

#2 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:26 AM

You are suppose to slip the flathead screw drive between the orange piece and the barrel. Apply a lot o force to PRY it open. I'd suggest you do it in an enclosed place if it's your first time (Like a bathtub/shower/empty closet) since there's a spring that will shoot out, and it's an important piece.

Just put some muscles into it, or ask someone else who has. (Don't be ashamed to ask, I still ask my lil sister to open soda bottles for me sometimes. :lol: )
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

Take a small screwdriver (or anything that'll fit) and put it on top of the bar that goes through the turret, then just hammer it through and the bar should come right out.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

That's what i'm doing.Even my father (who is significantly stronger than me) can't budge this thing.I put the screwdriver in between the gret part and the barrel and push down as hard as i can.The only thing i've accomplished is hitting my chin iwth a flathead screwdrvier at full speed. :lol:

Yeah. It was scary.

#5 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

Try pressing the barrel against the floor with your feet and then prying the orange head off. And be careful!!

Posted Image

If even this fails... then you probably just had the unlucky-luck of purchasing a well built Mav. In which case since you can't disassemble it, you might want to consider leaving it along for now, and exchanging it for another one the next time you're at where ever you bought it.

Edit: Don't use one of those skinny ass finger sized screw drivers, I used a foot long, thick flat head to open mine since the neck are sooo much stronger.

Edited by b00m13, 07 August 2007 - 12:37 PM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#6 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

Try pressing the barrel against the floor with your feet and then prying the orange head off. And be careful!!

Posted Image

If even this fails... then you probably just had the unlucky-luck of purchasing a well built Mav. In which case since you can't disassemble it, you might want to consider leaving it along for now, and exchanging it for another one the next time you're at where ever you bought it.

Edit: Don't use one of those skinny ass finger sized screw drivers, I used a foot long, thick flat head to open mine since the neck are sooo much stronger.

Lol thanks it finally worked.I hurt my fingr doing it though.I've been having problems modding lately.I need to figure out why my firefly barrel isn't rotating,how to cut a spring,and this.At least i have one finished,,,

Yeah. It was scary.

#7 NeFerZ

NeFerZ

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

Why would you hurt your self? I just simply saw the END off not the FRONT.

#8 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

I just use a hammer to pry the thing off...like removing a nail from a piece of wood, where the metal bar/orange cap piece is the nail and the cylinder is the wood. Works like a charm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users