Photo

Hockey

23 replies to this topic

#1 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

Who here plays hockey? What level, team? what gear do you use? any thing you want to talk about, post it.

i play high school hockey for the Parma Redmen im a left wing, and ive played for 11 years. im a freshman
In the words of colonel Sanders, I'm to drunk to chase this chicken.

#2 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:30 PM

I play, I am at the bantam level, ussually house. We are required all gear. I have the RBK 7K skates. What do you have?

EDIT: I am a left defense man, sometimes right.

Edited by All Star, 06 August 2007 - 08:31 PM.

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#3 cappold

cappold

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

I'm a geezer playing the beer leagues. Play for two teams, one in 'A' league in Saginaw, and a 'B' league team in Bay City. I play where ever they will let me in the 'A' league and center in the 'B' league. Been playing street hockey and pond puck since I was a little kid. I started playing organized ice hockey at 17, when I was finally making enough money to pay for it. Ice time is expensive here.

I tried out for the Sarnia Sting of the OHL before the 2001 season and skated a few exhibtion games before being cut. Was the last cut after scoring 2 goals and 3 assists in the 4 games. Finished a 4GP, 2G, 3A, 5P, +2, 2 hits, with an average of 14:25 TOI. Was never offically on the team but that was my highlight of my hockey career.

#4 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:57 AM

I am an inline golie. I make tons of saves!

- DR. SEUSS

- SAM I AM

#5 stewy

stewy

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:13 AM

I'm more of a basketball kinda guy...

Edited by stewy, 07 August 2007 - 09:14 AM.

#6 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'm more of a basketball kinda guy...

Umm.... Than whey the heak did you post in this topic? I'm just trying to help you out in the future so you don't get suspended. So for the future: Don't make a post that is off topic, and has nothing to do with the subject of the topic.

The bottom line is: basketball has nothing to do with hockey!

Edited by All Star, 07 August 2007 - 02:57 PM.

- DR. SEUSS

- SAM I AM

#7 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

my coaches play in the beer league, their playing the former lumberjacks next month (its our old ahl team, our new team is the lake eire monsters). my team only has eleven players this year beacuse nine seniors graduated and im the only freshman. Even though we only have two shifts we were still slaughtering select aa select teams during summer league, so we should be good this year

#8 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:35 PM

I'm confused. In the NFL why do they just let brawls go on? Why don't they stop it? Isn't angrscottishkid banned or something?
QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

#9 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

I'm a geezer playing the beer leagues. Play for two teams, one in 'A' league in Saginaw, and a 'B' league team in Bay City. I play where ever they will let me in the 'A' league and center in the 'B' league. Been playing street hockey and pond puck since I was a little kid. I started playing organized ice hockey at 17, when I was finally making enough money to pay for it. Ice time is expensive here.

I tried out for the Sarnia Sting of the OHL before the 2001 season and skated a few exhibtion games before being cut. Was the last cut after scoring 2 goals and 3 assists in the 4 games. Finished a 4GP, 2G, 3A, 5P, +2, 2 hits, with an average of 14:25 TOI. Was never offically on the team but that was my highlight of my hockey career.

Another Ontario guy? Where from? Some of us are working on a Canadian war, down in the GTA area. Sarnia is a long haul, but it`ll be worth it. PM me if your interested, we`re working on getting everything together before we post a thread.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#10 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

Oro what are you talking about? this is about hockey not the NFL.

#11 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

OH SHITake!!! Sorry :P , I meant NHL.

#12 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

Thats ok. They let fights go on because A. their fun to watch and B. most refs are to old or unatheletic in general to break them up. also i didnt get banned but i almost did, for making fun of the french once.

spicy

#13 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:03 PM

I don't fight that much because of my lower age group, but I have been in one fight with a golie.

- DR. SEUSS

- SAM I AM

#14 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:18 PM

Ive only been in a few. All of them were bench clearers with the whole teams, except one was a fight at a hotel during a tournement, we actually ende up pushing a kid off a second floor balcony into the lobby, he was ok though he landed on a couch. good times

spicy

#15 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:35 PM

That's true, they are fun to watch. One time we were watching the NHL once at my grandma's and when a fight began my grandma began saying "oh my goodness, oh my" and stuff like that.

#16 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

Ive only been in a few. All of them were bench clearers with the whole teams, except one was a fight at a hotel during a tournement, we actually ende up pushing a kid off a second floor balcony into the lobby, he was ok though he landed on a couch. good times

spicy

Ha Ha! Nice! My team once kept the other team up till 1:AM at a tournament in the wissconson dells by telling our younger sibbling to make a lot of noise until our team's parents got back from a HUGE dinner outing! Luckily, all the hockey teams in the hotel were in one wing of the building, so they only disturbed the other team!

- DR. SEUSS

- SAM I AM

#17 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

Yeah theres nothing like causing trouble during tournements. heres a fun game to try called couching, you steal every lobby lounge and elevator couch you canfind and stack them in the elevators, or put themin the pool, or block off hallways

#18 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

This was the best prank on another team we've pulled: We were going to the pool, wich is on the top of a 50 story hotel. So when we get to the floor the pool is on, we see another team is about to get on the elevator, so I go bck in, and press every botton on it just as the other team is getting on. Keep in mind that all the teams are on the 2nd floor! lol

- DR. SEUSS

- SAM I AM

#19 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

nice.

#20 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

I play Varsity Level High School Hockey for Fair Lawn High School : High School Page And also play Double A Hockey for the Bandits of NJ...

I Currently Rock an Easton Stealth Stick and a Warrior Mac Daddy Stick...
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#21 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

I'm pretty good at hockey. I don't play for a league or anything, but me and my friends get together and play every once in a while. I play goalie.
Nuckin' Futz

#22 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

I stick to good ol' Minnesotan pond hockey with my friends. Everyone gets home from school and we hit the ice for a few hours every night. Kinda grew up with it, but I haven't played on a competitive level.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#23 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:47 PM

I live in Buffalo, so I'm supposed to care about hockey, but I've never been into organized sports.

On a related note, I played in the band at the National Youth Hockey Awards or something, and they brought the Stanley Cup, much to the delight of the kids. :)

#24 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

I play Varsity Level High School Hockey for Fair Lawn High School : High School Page And also play Double A Hockey for the Bandits of NJ...

I Currently Rock an Easton Stealth Stick and a Warrior Mac Daddy Stick...

same here with the easton i have two and i love them, ive never broken any easton ive had during a game, which is more than i can say for most graphites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users