However, all that 'pimp my gun' external work will have to wait until I finish it.
For now, here's what I believe to be the current state-of-the-art of Hornet minimization:
Now, it isn't just minimized externally. The Hornet has an absolutely disgusting amount of useless pressure volume. This is due to three seperate 'blast' buttons (two on the sides, and one for the Titan activator), and in a smaller part due to the long hoses. I personally hate having the blast buttons on the side, almost as much as I hate pumping a 6 shot gun 20 times...If you want to hear how inefficient a Hornet is, hit a blast button after you've fired all six shots, you can hear how much pressure is still left in the system.
I decided to eliminate almost all of the extra volume. However, the blast function is neat, so I kept it, but relocated it to be more convenient to actuate one handed.
On to the guts!
For reference, here's the Before internals from a different gun (already got big plans for this one, too, and ones of it's friends...I love these guns!)
And here it is after minimization:
Here's a comparison shot of the largest area of 'wasted' volume:
And here's a closeup on my custom blast button job:
I'm extremely proud of the fact that the dremeled and epoxied guts held pressure on the first try The blue lines are the split pieces. The blast button is the one from the right side, the angled part used to lead off to the Titan button, and I honestly can't remember where I cut that 90° endcap from.
Stay tuned for an update with completed body works.
I've got about 15 hours into this mod so far, and I'm sure I've left some parts out, so feel free to ask about anything.
And, as always, thank you for your interest in Telekinetic Labs.
Edited by telekinetic, 04 August 2007 - 10:36 PM.