Photo

At3k Help

9 replies to this topic

#1 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

I am currently modding my AT3K... I just finished putting it back together and it doesn't maintain the air for that long, if I pump it fast, it can hold the air and shoot, but if I pump it a bit slower, no air comes out. Please help!

Mods:
Overpressure Release Valve Plugged with hot glue
Goo tube emptied
PETG Barrels

#2 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:12 PM

I am currently modding my AT3K... I just finished putting it back together and it doesn't maintain the air for that long, if I pump it fast, it can hold the air and shoot, but if I pump it a bit slower, no air comes out. Please help!

Mods:
Overpressure Release Valve Plugged with hot glue
Goo tube emptied
PETG Barrels

First thing that comes to mind is the OPRV plug. I think you should use something other than hot glue because it tends to maintain a shitty seal. I would suggest plumbers goop. Also if thats not the case do the old trick by pumping it up under water and see where the bubbles are escaping from and theres your leak.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:42 PM

So, if you pump it slower, air slowly leaks out. But, if you pump it fast, it holds air just fine?
If that's the case, you got some plastic in the valve. Most likely from when you were drilling to fit the PETG barrels. I think you can fix this by holding the trigger and pumping really fast, or pumping up to full pressure then shooting the air out. My friend's 2k had this problem, but we decided it didn't matter because it only leaked if you pumped the first pump really slow. I had the same problem with my Blastfire, and I fixed it by pumping up a lot then firing the air out.

#4 the beast

the beast

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

Maybe since you plugged the overpressure release valve that the tank exploded. But if it hasnt then make sure not to pump more than maybe 6 times else it might explode. That happened to one of my friends and he couldnt fix it and had to buy a new one.

#5 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

I have pumped 4 times and I didn't hear anything "explode" or any hissing noises. I doubt the air tank is busted because I think I would probably hear some hissing noises or something.

#6 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

This happened to my SM5K.

The rubber ring at the front of the valve was dried out and no longer sealed air. I sprayed a little silicone lube into the front of the valve and it seals perfectly fine now.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#7 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

Pvt.McFlurry: I doubt it's because the glue came off. I have seen multiple review where people have used hot glue and none of them said they have had problems yet, I also used alot of hot glue (but pushed it all down so it was almost level with the plunger head).

Retiate: There is a small plastic piece stuck onto the piece that shoots the air from the air tank to the barrels. I have tried both your methods and I still can't get it out.

frost vectron: Are you talking about the rubber ring thing connecting the air tank thing to the barrels?

Edited by six-five-two, 05 August 2007 - 02:46 PM.

#8 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

652 - He means the blobk of rubber that seals the valve. It's this piece that the firing pin pulls back to fire.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#9 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

This topic might be useful:

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9018&hl=

I guess that piece of plastic Retiate was talking about is making your valve not seal correctly. The rubber piece inside the valve is supposed to be pushed forward against the airtank to close the hole leading to the barrels. When you pull the trigger back, a metal rod pulls this rubber disc backwards, letting air flow out.

My Sm5000 had a dried up rubber piece, so it did not seal. It sounds like there are bits of plastic that is preventing it from sealing correctly.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#10 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

Spraying some Silicon lube or other rubber and plastic safe lubricant down there might help knock the plastic loose, but I'm not completely sure on that one. The only other thing is to just keep working at it. Eventually it should come loose and fall off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users