Photo

Dartsmithing, Would This Work?

14 replies to this topic

#1 the beast

the beast

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:30 PM

I have this idea for making stefans. What id do is go out buy some 1/2 inch pvc.Buy my fbr, cut the desired lengths.Stick it in the pvc then get the hair dryer and heat the pvc then id wait a week or so to cool off.then id take it out. Would this work? Can i get your opinions?

If i made any mistakes sorry im new.

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

I originally did this with 9/16" brass. But I found the process was took too long.
The problem with this idea is that 1/2" fbr is very loose in 1/2" pvc. You would figure that 1/2" pvc would have an inner diameter of 1/2". This however is not the case. It is more like 5/8".
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 the beast

the beast

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

Thanks, maybe ill try it with brass then. But do you think the way of sticking them in a pillowcase and putting them in the dryer might work better?
just because we play with toy guns doesnt meen we need special attention

#4 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

That's what I use, and I believe most of us use as well. It works quite well as long as you don't cook 'em too long.

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

I know for a fact.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 the beast

the beast

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the video, really helps.
just because we play with toy guns doesnt meen we need special attention

#7 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

Thanks again angel for that movie. I used it tonight when I made my first large batch of stefans. And on a completely other sudject (well not really) I plan on using a knitting needle to make holes for the post in my longshot. I can't find how to take that fucking thing out.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#8 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

Thanks again angel for that movie. I used it tonight when I made my first large batch of stefans. And on a completely other sudject (well not really) I plan on using a knitting needle to make holes for the post in my longshot. I can't find how to take that fucking thing out.

To remove the barrel post, after removing the air restrictor, you take a drill with a 1/2" bit, stick it in as far as it will go, and you drill the damn thing out.

Edited by Spectre666, 29 July 2007 - 10:09 PM.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#9 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:38 PM

Or, you can use an ice pick and a hammer. But only if you are cool. Seriously.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:15 AM

Removing the AR's in an LS is quite easy, you just need to make sure you have steady hands and the right tools needle nose pliers and a dremel for me).
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:01 PM

To remove the barrel post, after removing the air restrictor, you take a drill with a 1/2" bit, stick it in as far as it will go, and you drill the damn thing out.

EDIT- I found out how to take out the plunger and I took out the AR but was wondering if its worth it to cut out the post. I might as well but Im not sure.

Edited by BustaNinja, 30 July 2007 - 09:43 PM.

#12 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:04 AM

EDIT- I found out how to take out the plunger and I took out the AR but was wondering if its worth it to cut out the post. I might as well but Im not sure.

I do it to all of my LS's. It allows you to use any dart, evern stefans without holes in the back, which will reduce your dart-making time.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#13 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:37 AM

I was a little hesitant at first too. I thought it might have a lot to do with feeding the dart in straight, and I would have problems with it if I took it out. It's removed now, and I have had no problems with feeding at all. I'd take the post out, unless you plan on never using Stefans in it.

#14 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

I was a little hesitant at first too. I thought it might have a lot to do with feeding the dart in straight, and I would have problems with it if I took it out. It's removed now, and I have had no problems with feeding at all. I'd take the post out, unless you plan on never using Stefans in it.

Oh far from it. Im currently working on two banana clips for my LS (They will be made like the real thing) and an ammo tin full of stefans + my new rifle bolts (longer and stronger). So I think I will do that then. Thanks.

#15 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

I would use a hot wire cutter, you know a twisted peice of metal and you heat the end with a blowtorch and cut it off when it is hot. Has worked for my two and my friends.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users