The Eyes Of Fire.

What have I done?

85 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:43 PM

Well where do I begin. Over 5 months ago, I had the idea. 4.5 months ago I sat down in my garage with an Arguila and some jasmine sheisha and started to think about how I could pull my idea from the world of imagination into reality. A difficult tug of war it was. I broke out an old binder an On the first page I wrote down everything I wanted to accomplish. On the second page was a list of all the challenges I had to overcome to accomplish my goal. Each Challenge no matter how big or small it had its own page for brainstorming. Once I had thought of ways to complete the challenges I went to work. This is a story of the birth of Evil. The creation of...

The Eyes of Fire.

PART 1:

Take off the shells of both your RF20's. Now find a way to keep the button depressed that keeps it on full auto fire. You only need to do this to one of your rapid fires. Whichever one you do this to will be the main gun.
Posted Image
This is the old way I did it. I got rid of the yellow nub and everything later in this mod. I cut that red piece that moves up and down and super glued it inside the shell.
Posted Image
Above is how I did it.

Now we move on to turrets. Take our your turrets and take off the top half of the turrets. Now take some of the best petg you will ever find and two of the most amazing spacer plates you can find and line them up to see what is to come.
Posted Image

Now cut through the big pole in the middle. Cut right through the metal under the plastic.
and shave down the middle. Once all that is done it should look like this.
Posted Image
To be able to shave down that far you will need to remove the screw ports that hold in the ridged piece on the back of the turret. Remove anything on the white piece that will get in the way of the lights when the turret is rotating. Mine looks like this:
Posted Image
Now you may be saying, "But Angel, how will that white piece fit back in its place for the turret to rotate?". It's simple, Wash down the area where that white piece was and sand it down a bit then use super glue or my favorite, Fishin Glue.

Since the turrets motion is up, left, down, and repeat. I figured it would be cool to add some motion activated lights in the center of the turrets. This is going to accomplish one of my goals. "Turrets must light up when firing."Now take these motion activated lights as found at Walmart for $10 for two and super glue them together and place them inside the center of the turret and Super glue them there as well. Make sure they are good and solid. Sand down both surfaces before super gluing anything.
Posted Image

Now take Kbarkers spacer plates and load them up with OMC's Petg. 20 barrels of 3.25 inch petg held in place by a spacer plate. Level out the new barrel assembly on your desk. Now take some plumbers goop and bust out that little white nipple that attaches to the end of the tube. Cut a decent sized portion off the end. Now take the bottom half of your turret and have it sitting upright. Now apply the plumbers goop all in between the little nubs the air comes from. Plumbers goop is a little runny so it will level out incase you put too much in one area. Now take your barrel assembly and place the base of the barrels over the nubs the air comes from. Press down hard on each barrel and make sure it made it all the way down and so that more plumbers goop will take hold of it.
Let it dry for 48 hours. Sorry I don't have a pic of a finished turret at that stage. You can view the turrets further along in the write up. Remember if you are going to do this full project you will need to do all those turret steps twice.

I wanted my trigger on my project to be a lot more efficient so I took a piece of plastic sheeting and super glued it to the trigger filling this gap.
Posted Image

Well that takes care of the easy stuff. The rest of it from here on in gets kinda tough, but with patience it can all be done. This ends part 1. The baby steps are over, it is time to start sprinting.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 29 July 2007 - 04:49 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

PART 2:

Start off by taking your non primary RF20. (The one that doesn't the plastic added between the trigger and the valve.
Cut off all unneeded parts. Such as the handle, the trigger, the trigger, the valve, the bottom underneath the turret and the back where the red part wraps around and turns into the pump shaft. Remove the Bladder and all valves in the except for the piston.
Cut the line here. Make sure you leave as much vinyl tubing as possible leading to the piston.
Posted Image

Now it is time for the actual mounting of your newly minimized RF20 to your whole one.

Head over to the hardware store and pick up some mounting brackets make sure they have holes for bolts and such. Hold your RF20's side by side and get and idea on how big the mounting brackets should be. Then pick up some plastic sheeting. I picked up a really thick one and a really thin one. Also pick up machine bolts and nuts and lock washers to the appropriate size to your mounting brackets needs.
This is used for adding distance between the RF20's in certain spaces and it also helps reinforce the brackets.

Now shave down the nubs that the red slider piece used to sit on and measure up as to where you want your mounting brackets to be. To get my mounting brackets to work I had to bend them at the bend a little bit. I also had to add the thick plastic sheeting to the right RF20. It was super glued into place for the time being. This sheeting is going to be reinforced later.
Posted Image

Lay down both RF20's flat down on their faces without turrets to help align them better. Hold the first mounting brackets in place where you want them to be and super glue them in place to the body and the plastic sheeting.
Now be sure when you glue them into place that the bolts aren't going to be sticking through to something vital in the guns shell. You have to be careful in some places.

Now dremel through the holes of the plastic sheeting into the guns shell. Start with a small dremel bit and work up to a bigger one.
Posted Image
Once all four holes are drilled it is time to place the four bolts,lock washers and nuts in place in that order.
Posted Image

You may need to do some creative cutting around the turrets section.
Posted Image

Posted Image
The above photo is for the full RF20. You will need to cut bit off the white piece for the turret to fit back in the shell.
Posted Image

Now your single mounting bracket attachment should look like this.
Posted Image
By laying it down like this you can be sure that the RF20's will be mounted straight and in perfect position. This will increase accuracy.

Now it is time to add a second set of mounting brackets. The first set seems like it will do, but it feels a bit flimsy and I strive for perfection.

Do the exact same thing with the brackets but a little further back on the gun. Use some plastic sheeting to seal any gaps between the brackets if you have to. I did and I had to shave the sheeting down a bit to keep the firing straight.

Where I installed the second set of brackets I had to also make a hole through the big red tube part. It is ok though, the end I drilled though was hidden.
Posted Image
I did this to make room for the bolt. It doesn't look the cleanest but its hidden internally so who cares.

Once you have both brackets installed you are ready to move onto the air system.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 29 July 2007 - 09:25 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:47 PM

Part 3: The Air system.

Well I for one cannot fucking stand the sound of a RF20 pumping. It sound like your strangling a goose or something. So I wanted something else. I knew I would need some serious air power.
Months ago Captain Slug and myself were studying and learning about Paint ball air tanks and Co2 and HPA (High pressure Air).

It was then like a race between Captain slug and myself to see who would put out the paint ball tank to work with a Nerf gun. Captain Slug beat me too it. It was like the Americans and the Russians to see who could put a man on the moon first. That day He posted his thread about fun with HPA. I felt very Russian. He used a bit of a different approach however.

Onto Step 3: Go to your local Paint ball shop and pick up an air tank designed for HPA. Don't bother using Co2 because it is usually so cold it will usually break or make plastic very brittle. Also pick up a regulator that has a port for a gauge and can be dialed right down to 0 psi. Here is a demo of the external Airline assembly.
Posted Image

Have them find a way to rig that up for you.

Here is where we rig up the air system internally.
Take these pieces and assemble them like so.
Posted Image
Don't forget to plumbers goop the threads between the quick connect tubing and the brass coupler. Also don't forget to locktite the threads between the metal male end of the quick disconnect.

Now take this piece and place it in the main RF20's back end. You will need to cut a hole in the shell. Hot glue or goop it into place.
Posted Image

Now you need to cut the tubing between the trigger valve and the pump. Cut it right here at the bladder valve.
Posted Image
Now take an instant tube fitting coupler and merge the stock RF20 tubing with your black tubing and connect that tubing with the quick connect we just installed in the Rf20.
Posted Image
Here is another pic of the tubing from the trigger valve about to be attached to the black tubing and that attaches to the Male quick connect assembly.
Posted Image

For the record. The Stock RF20 tubing is metric and was not designed to work with the instant tube fittings. However with a little bit of lube and muscle, they go in just fine.

Now you have air flow to the trigger valve. No air flows until the stock RF20 trigger is depressed.

Now we need to make some more room for the tubing in the RF20. Take out the rubber bladder because now it is useless and shave down the grey flat wall that used to let air out of the bladder was pumped up too much.
Posted Image

Now cut the tubing between the trigger and the piston just about an inch after the valve. Now throw an instant tube fitting coupler onto the stock RF20 tubing. Then connect some black tubing onto and then connect that to the instant tube T coupler. Then take two 8" pieces of black tubing and have them coming out of the T.
Posted Image

One tube will lead to another instant tube fitting coupler which is attached to the Main RF20's piston. Now dremel a small snug hole in each RF20 for the tubing to pass through to the other RF20.
Posted Image

That tubing will then connect to an instant tube fitting which is attached to the piston.
Posted Image

As for all those T's and couplers and excess tubing? Just push it into the spot where the old bladder used to be.
Posted Image

End result: Pulling the trigger sends air to both pistons.

Here is a pictorial description of air flow. Follow the plus signs and the arrows.
Posted Image

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 29 July 2007 - 05:17 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

Step 4: Body work and paint job.

Once I learned that it actually worked I decided to patch up all the freaking holes in the shell after removing the black casing and after minimizing the one RF20. Last thing I wanted was an unlucky dart coming at me and hitting an air line or plastic valve and breaking it. I like to look at these little additions as armor.

Here are some before and after photos of gaps. I used and shaped thin plastic sheeting to help keep the weight down

The open belly of the minimized RF20.
Posted Image

The open tail of the minimized RF20.
Posted Image

The open belly of the full RF20.
Posted Image

Minimized RF20.
Posted Image

Couple other random gaps.
Posted Image

Now I really wanted the paint to look like Devil skin. Like bags said about his creations. Pics dont do it justice.
I covered it in 8 coats of Krylon Red. Then I covered it in 2 small spurt coats of maroon to help darken the color a bit. Then I gave it 2 spurt coats of black to darken it up. After 30 minutes I covered it in 3 coats of clear coat to help protect the paint. Other parts I painted black. The end result was this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I made a little video for this spawn of Satan. In my opinion my best video yet.
The Eyes of Fire.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 30 July 2007 - 12:18 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#5 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

That's the sweetest thing ever. Are the ranges typical for an RF20?

#6 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:07 PM

Watch the Vid.
Whats your operation PSI? And How long can you fire before needing a new tank?
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#7 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

Congrats on making the most bullet packing "single" gun :D
Since your mod will completely overshadow every other thread for the next few weeks, I'll post my secret project mod later...

you couldn't wait 1 more day could you? Just had to blow us all out of the waters didn't you... :angry:

Edit: HOLY!! Is that a row of Longshot scopes in the left? Posted Image

Edited by b00m13, 29 July 2007 - 05:31 PM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#8 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

Finally someone got around to doing the whole "could I combine 2 rf20s?" and the "could I use a paintball tank for nerf?" ideas. Looks good but you should figure out how to get those lights to blink for the whole time. How heavy is it and what did you cover the holes with? Also what in the world is that guy holding that you shoot at?

Edited by baseballnolan5, 29 July 2007 - 06:39 PM.

QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#9 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

Nice and Sick. :angry:
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#10 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

That is an incredible piece of work, angel.

I now understand the deeper meaning to this:

This thread is hilarious. :D

Hehehe. How many shots before you have to refill that 3000 psi tank? The blinking red lights in combination with the clear PETG and spacers create a beautiful effect.

I don't have an RF20, but how do they compare to Wildfires? Do you think a barrel replacement on a Wildfire would be as effective as on the RF20?

I would have never imagined your ultimate project would be so... ultimate! :angry:

By the way, why the hell did people keep posting shit inbetween the mod? If you guys didn't post your useless ".."s, the entire mod would have been compressed to one, continuous post.

EDIT: Ignore the last couple lines. My bad--sorry guys!

Edited by frost vectron, 29 July 2007 - 06:21 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#11 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:55 PM

That is truly awesome. I love the blinking lights and the paintjob combination.

Frost - There is some picture posting limit which he needed someone to break; he asked us to post "..."
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#12 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

Sweet. I like the color of it.

That reminds me of a Mask that I made out of plaster a while ago. I think that there is a resemblance ~

Posted Image

I just took that picture now, and it has dust/fur and other crap all over it, but when it was new, It looked amazing.

#13 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

Really? That is weird. For my Sawtooth mod, I had posted 10 photos in the first post. If I put 11, it would tell me I couldn't post it. So then I hit "Add Reply" and posted another post with 10 in it. Instead of making them two posts by me, it shrunk it down into 1 post with 20 photos in it. I couldn't edit it though because it had more than 10.

Really strange. Sorry 'bout that snide remark earlier in that case.

Oh yeah... Angel, I just noticed that you have a lot of scary stuff in your house! That clown is the embodiment of evil, I swear.

Edited by frost vectron, 29 July 2007 - 06:22 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#14 stewy

stewy

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

WOW.....just WOW.

Imagine seeing that beast + your beasting masks and you get one beasting BEATING. :angry:
Great work again Angel

Edited by stewy, 29 July 2007 - 06:34 PM.

#15 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

Wicked shweet. Again, a great mod, but form you, what else is new...

It's gonna suck staring down the barrel of this at Apoc...
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#16 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

Longest mod post ever?

Would there be any reason not to cut off the red bit on the back of the second one? It kind of looked like you were holding it in one of the scenes in the vid, but it wouldn't hurt it to take it off, right?

#17 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

Sweet, if only you could clip mod them........

Those lights look really cool too.

Just an amazing mod. It looks like you took a slightly more simple approach than CS.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#18 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:40 PM

Hot damn, that's bitchin'. Does it feel really off-center weight wise if you try to fire with one hand only? I don't know how much the RF20 weighs.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#19 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

That 3000psi tank screams belt fed. That would be ridiculous.

Nice work, that vid was definitely sweet.

#20 spartan089

spartan089

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

Wow it's better than I had imagined, You gave my project a bit of a boost. But I still plan on going through with doubling it. :angry:

#21 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

It's like an incarnation of the devil in Nerf form. I now hail you and all of your demon-gun awsomeness, but I was wondering if it was possible to A. integrate the triggers so you only have to fire one trigger, and B. if it was bossible to integrate four together.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#22 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

There is only one trigger, the two fire in synch.

#23 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

Your concept of design is amazing! I don't know how you even come up with the idea to make that. AMAZING!
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#24 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

This gives me even more inspiration to actually make my nerf minigun. I really would hate to piss you off at a war.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#25 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

Two words, "HOLY CRAP." That mod is hella tight. Ok, maybe that's a lot more than two words.

RAMBO- It's not exactly in "sync" because I noticed the gun on the left stops firing a little while after the right one does.

Forsaken- Damn, I wish I could mod nerf guns as successfuly as you can. That thing really is a devil.

Edited by Oro?, 29 July 2007 - 09:25 PM.

QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users