Photo

Nerf Disk Shot & Spidey Dart Tag Set In Stores

31 replies to this topic

#1 Orange

Orange

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

I just got back from TRU where I picked up the Nerf Disk Shot and Spider-Man vs Venom Dart Tag Set. The Disk Shot was $49.99 and Spidey Dart Tag was $29.99.

Here are a few quick pics of the front and back of the boxes, I'll try to get more pictures of the guns up later this afternoon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS - If you don't want to wait for these items to show up in your local stores the Disk Shot is in stock at Amazon.com and the Spider-Man Dart Tag is at KBToys.com.

#2 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

They finally released the Spiderman Dart Tag! Nice finds, the Spiderman guns don't look half bad. I hope they get to Canada soon I might have to get them. Are they spring-powered?
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

Do you think you could test to see if the Disk Launcher on the Disk Shot can fire disks if it is sideways?
I've never even heard of the Spiderman Dart Tag set, maybe it'll be pretty good.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

If you get a chance to test or if it says so on the box, do the Spider Man guns shoot all their darts at once? Could make a good backup weapon.

Thanks for the info.
SexD Warves

#5 Orange

Orange

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

NiteWalker - The Spider-Man Dart Tag Blasters are air powered, though it is a bit awkward to pump when you're wearing the gun on your wrist and the pump does seem a bit flimsy. The good news is they fit an adult wrist fairly well, much better than the old Wrist Blitzer ever did in any case.

Retiate - I haven't tested that yet, so I'm not sure if it will work on it's side, but I do know you can control the angle that the Disk Launcher will shoot by using the remote attachment, which is pretty neat. *Edit: I just checked and no, the launcher won't shoot when on it's side. There's a little safety tab on the bottom of the disc launcher that has to be kept pushed in or it shuts down, though all you'd really have to do to get around that is simply put a piece of tape over the tab and it'll work just fine.

NerfMonkey - It works like a Triple Strike, you can fire the darts one at a time or all at once depending on how much pressure you put on the trigger.

I've got loose pics of these items up at my site now, and I'll be taking more pictures as soon as I can.

Edited by Orange, 28 July 2007 - 07:34 PM.

#6 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

Your TRU is in trouble. The Disk Shot was supposed to release on Aug 1. I don't know about the Spidey wrist guns. They look good though.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#7 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:18 PM

I doubt that Hasbro would give them trouble – it's not a Harry Potter book.

#8 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:06 PM

They have it at my local TRU in Canada, the Spider-Man ones.

#9 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:41 AM

Your TRU is in trouble. The Disk Shot was supposed to release on Aug 1. I don't know about the Spidey wrist guns. They look good though.

Release dates for toy merchandise are not exact. Look at the Longshot and Magstrike from last year. They weren't supposed to come out until November, yet the four Horsemen had them at Apoc '06. Release dates are only strictly enforced when it comes to any type entertainment media like CD's, movies, books, and video games, though the last one has dates that are as dependable as a 30-year old condom that was left out in the sun.

Thanks for the heads up Orange. Time to look for them around by me.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#10 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

:wacko: Eh.... What might this TRU be? i hear about it all the time and yet i have no idea what i means. (My brother must feel like that all the time :P )
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#11 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

Toys R Us
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#12 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

The diskshot looks like a nightfinder with a compensator and a way better handle.
it looks like they are bringing sexy back one more time.

Edited by joeyaglr444, 30 July 2007 - 10:51 AM.

Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#13 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

Do you think you could test to see if the Disk Launcher on the Disk Shot can fire disks if it is sideways?
I've never even heard of the Spiderman Dart Tag set, maybe it'll be pretty good.

I hope it'll be like a Triple Fire hence Split Fire.
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#14 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

I just realized those 2 guys on the Spidey Dart Tag box are the same ones on the cover of the Dart Tag Strikefire box.

Damn this would make a kickass present for the nephews... and 1 for myself!!
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#15 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

Release dates for toy merchandise are not exact. Look at the Longshot and Magstrike from last year. They weren't supposed to come out until November, yet the four Horsemen had them at Apoc '06. Release dates are only strictly enforced when it comes to any type entertainment media like CD's, movies, books, and video games, though the last one has dates that are as dependable as a 30-year old condom that was left out in the sun.

Thanks for the heads up Orange. Time to look for them around by me.

I know you live in NJ.... The TRU is Paramus on Route 4 has them in stock.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#16 Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

Cool guns; the night finder-like one is sweet except for the dart holder, which is too bulky (in my opinion).

#17 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:20 AM

I'ts good to see that the Spider-Man Dart Tag set is decent, I was afraid that they would stick with the crappy spring ones that were already out. but instead we get a wrist-mounted semi-auto... FUCK YEAH!

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#18 Robonerfer1

Robonerfer1

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

I saw the Expansion pack at my TRU. It had 5 disks and a gun. I think it was 10$. Just a cheap way to check out the gun itself.
XBL GT: XPwNaGexDuDex12 add me
QUOTE(OfAllTheNerf @ Mar 29 2008, 04:11 PM) View Post

Yeah, it also helps if your nuts are made of steel. Or atleast as hard as steel, to ensure that you can shoot far enough.

#19 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

So how many times do you have to pump it to get all 3 shots off.
What stores have people seen these at. Other than tru?
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#20 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

i got the disk shot a couple weeks ago at a toys r us... its pretty cool but i didnt buy the pack where you get the sight and the launcher... just the gun and some disks...

#21 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

i got the disk shot a couple weeks ago at a toys r us... its pretty cool but i didnt buy the pack where you get the sight and the launcher... just the gun and some disks...

It's not a sight. It's the remote for the disk launcher. I suppose that if you have a CTF game and glue down the tab on the bottom of the launcher, and then put it sideways aiming near the flag, you would have a decent static defense, but other than that using the thing as a weapon isn't practical.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#22 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

It's not a sight. It's the remote for the disk launcher. I suppose that if you have a CTF game and glue down the tab on the bottom of the launcher, and then put it sideways aiming near the flag, you would have a decent static defense, but other than that using the thing as a weapon isn't practical.

oh... i thought it was just something to make it look cool...lol. like the longshot scope.

#23 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

The Disk Shot is downright shitty. I just picked one up myself and I'm going to rebox and return it tomorrow to switch for just the pistol. I'm surprised the Nerf devs dropped the ball like this. They've had some fun and innovative guns over the last three or four years. This year has been kind of crappy.The Longshot, Magstrike, N-Strike, and BBB re-release are some of the strongest Nerf moves in the history of the brand, but this hunk of junk is just a bore and pretty non-functional. The gun itself is just a re-shelled NF. I was hoping to use the disk shooter as a sentry gun, but no dice. I'm disappointed.

#24 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:13 AM

CaptainCC, what was wrong with it? How far up did the disks shoot?

#25 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:26 AM

I think almost everyone who has bought one is in agreement, CC. This would be what, the fifth, maybe sixth if I skipped one, generation NF, and the only reason I would even buy the expansion pack is for the aesthetics (it looks like the Snub Pistol from GoW) and extra ammo holders. I could use the disks as targets for high-powered guns or as frisbees. The launcher itself should in no way be worth $50. Hell, I could make one for the expansion pack spare disks by hooking a rubber band up to a wooden frame, cutting a slot in the top, and running a string from the rubber band release to my position. I hope the Fall/Winter releases (if any) don't get such a bad review. If they give us yet another version of the NiteFinder several of us are going to cry.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users