Photo

Mpcp (mass Producable Combustion Pistol)

Write up kinda with pics

40 replies to this topic

#1 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Well seeing as I have many new homemades in my posession and my newfound want to post I suppose I will show you some of my new homemades. This is one of my recent homemades it is a combustion type pistol.
Posted Image
Materials needed
-1 and 1/2 inch PVC (combustion chamber and housing for ignition)
-1 and 1/2 inch PVC coupler (combustion chamber)
-1 and 1/2 inch PVC to 1/2 inch PVC reducer (combustion chamber to barrel adaptor)
-1 and 1/2 inch PVC male coupler (combustion chamber)
-1 and 1/2 inch PVC threaded endcap (end part of combustion chamber)
-1/2 inch PVC female coupler (barrel coupler)
-1/2 inch PVC male adaptor (barrel coupler)
-1/2 inch PVC (barrel)
-3/4 inch PVC (grip)
-two bolts (ignition system)
-6 nuts (ignition system)
-bbq ignitor (ignition system)
-PVC glue and primer
-hot glue
This is a fairly simple and cheap homemade to make. It fires stock micros and mega stefans. However it also can be used to fire a volley of airsoft bb's or really anything else that will fit inside the barrel. You need to glue all the pieces together as seen in the picture above. The using a drill crill to holes in the chamber for the botls as seen in this picture
Posted Image
Make sure the bolts are in the correct position and attach the BBQ ignitor. now check and see id the spark jumps the gap between the two bolts for a good ignition. Now cut a piece of 1 and 1/2 inch PVC and trim it to fit the length of the combustion chamber and then tri it so that it fits over the BBQ ignitor. Now the pistol grip. I use 3/4 inch PVC becuse its comfortable to me but you can use whatever you like. I cut two identical lenghths of it at a slight angle the cut one lengthwise and at and angle. The trim them down using a dremal and glue them together using hotglue. Wait for this to dry and attach it to the 1 and 1/2 inch PVC that covers the ignitor at a length comfortable for you. Using liberal amounts of hotglue attach it or if you want to you can use something stronger but hot glue works for me. Now it is ready to fire. Take off the barrel and insert ammo then close that up and open the back endcap spray a small 1 second burst of your fuel into it (fuel can be something like axe which i use or hairspray or anything really flammable gas). Now it is ready to fire point it at your target and pull the ignitor. If you did it right you will have succesfully shot your gun if not the try to get the air to fuel mixture right.
ranges: unknown
fun factor: 8

Have fun with another fine product for DTReaper
Questions comments?

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#2 JRoD

JRoD

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

Be careful with this, not only do flames and darts not mix, people and flaming darts don't mix. But, you did work hard on it and it looks nice, ranges?

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

From what I've heard the darts leave the barrel long before catching on fire - pretty much anything you put in a potato cannon isn't going to come out of the barrel in flames, and this is no different.

I love the placement of the BBQ ignitor. It looks comfy. And loud.

ranges?

ranges: unknown

Edited by NerfMonkey, 26 June 2007 - 01:41 PM.

SexD Warves

#4 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:52 PM

doesn't seem that practical. Do you really want to carry a can of axe into a nerf war? the rof must suck too. dunno, seems like a more fun side project than a usable weapon.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#5 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

Im fairly certain thats what he was aiming for; a project that can be used to fire nerf darts, but is mainly just for the fun of building and shooting. Correct me if I'm wrong.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#6 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

You are correct it isnt practical in a war but is just fun to shoot. It really has no kick either and sounds like a paintball gun shooting. And the foam as nerfmonkey said does not catch on fire before leaving the barrel. However with prolonged use the foam does start to get a little melted because FBR really isnt flammable it just melts.

-DTR

#7 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

And... How is this supposed to work?
No joke, I can't get how a spark would launch a nerf dart.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#8 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

The spark ignites the fuel inside the chamber. The fuel being axe or hairspray or some other flammable gas. The spark ignites it and then the force of the explosion launches the dart. yes its not practical but its fun

#9 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

Did you read the entire post, Brass? He uses COMBUSTION.

Edit: DT beat me to it.

Edited by DarkInfection, 26 June 2007 - 04:52 PM.

#10 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

Thanks DT, that helped. Dark: I'm a fucking high schooler. Do you expect me to know what combustion means?

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#11 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:10 PM

Thanks DT, that helped. Dark: I'm a fucking high schooler. Do you expect me to know what combustion means?

That was obviously sarcasm, and yes I do.

#12 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:01 PM

Im surprised that it doesnt have that big of a kick back but it must just be because of how small the camber is. How long did this take you to make? And What are the Ranges?
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#13 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

It took maybe 2 hours to make not including drying times the hardest part was the pistol grip. To your second question I cant answer it because i have no area near my house where I can use this and have a large enough area to calculate the range but it probably at least 75 feet though most likely more.

-DTR

#14 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:30 PM

I'm a high schooler too... and a lot of the members here are in middle school. Combustion just isn't too complicated of a word either. Just say you had a brainfart next time, instead of making the rather silly excuse that you're in high school.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#15 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:42 PM

7th grade here, and I knew what combustion was since I was 11. And back to the topic: I like how the gun is so clean looking and where the BBQ ignitor is placed. It may not be practical in a NERF war, but it sure looks fun as hell. I don't know if it's me, but I think it's more carbine like because of the long barrel. The barrel is a tad long for a pistol.

Edited by bored_kid93, 26 June 2007 - 10:47 PM.

I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#16 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

Wait, you're using combustion with PVC? Won't prolonged use melt /damage the firing chamber? The overall design sounds solid I just highly suggest switching to copper pipe and fittings.

#17 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

Wait, you're using combustion with PVC? Won't prolonged use melt /damage the firing chamber? The overall design sounds solid I just highly suggest switching to copper pipe and fittings.

Eventualy he will have to but not for a while. And if he switches to copper pipe or any other metal he will have to shoot the gun slowly or wear gloves because of the heat that would be created. Correct me if im wrong.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#18 Jaffe

Jaffe

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:14 PM

@Shadow 92
The flame of the combustion is to cold and to short to melt or even damage the PVC, but if you shoot with hydrogen the PVC vould crack or even EXPLODE. The kind of feul can make a diference if you shoot with haispray it could burn after shooting beacause of a to litle percent oxigen, so the best feul is butane, propane or isobutane because it does'nt leave any mess :(
Greetings from the Dutch, Jaffe

#19 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

@Shadow 92
The flame of the combustion is to cold and to short to melt or even damage the PVC, but if you shoot with hydrogen the PVC vould crack or even EXPLODE. The kind of feul can make a diference if you shoot with haispray it could burn after shooting beacause of a to litle percent oxigen, so the best feul is butane, propane or isobutane because it does'nt leave any mess :(
Greetings from the Dutch, Jaffe

That is why I use Axe bodyspray it has all three of those ingredients in it. However the only mataninece I need to do to it is occasionally sand off the two metal bolts in it because the other ingerdients in Axe build up on them and then stop it from creating a spark. However what he says is true the combustion is no where near strong enough to melt it and I use thats also why I dont use fuels that are excessively explosive to stop this "explosion".
It honestly is very safe for several reasons
1. It has a very small chamber and therefore needs not alot of fuel and therefore can't have a very big combustion.
2. the PVC size is small and if you look at any chart the smaller the PVC size the higher the PSI capabilities
So with both those things in mind it is very safe. the weakest point if any iswhere the two bolts go in or the end cap both of which have never failed.

-DTR

#20 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

That is why I use Axe bodyspray it has all three of those ingredients in it. However the only mataninece I need to do to it is occasionally sand off the two metal bolts in it because the other ingerdients in Axe build up on them and then stop it from creating a spark. However what he says is true the combustion is no where near strong enough to melt it and I use thats also why I dont use fuels that are excessively explosive to stop this "explosion".
It honestly is very safe for several reasons
1. It has a very small chamber and therefore needs not alot of fuel and therefore can't have a very big combustion.
2. the PVC size is small and if you look at any chart the smaller the PVC size the higher the PSI capabilities
So with both those things in mind it is very safe. the weakest point if any iswhere the two bolts go in or the end cap both of which have never failed.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Shadow 92, 27 June 2007 - 04:38 PM.

#21 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

I suggest all of yous read up on the subject of combustion guns before you make your fucking know-it-all remarks.

-butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#22 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, instead of flaming darts, try something that doesn't really ignite or hold a metal BB inside of it.

Instead, try taking your end of the barrel to some asphalt to sharpen it, and shoot pineapple, potatoes, or even better, peeled canteloupe. It busts up really good on impact, but stayes together good for loading. Same for the a cored pineapple.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#23 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, instead of flaming darts, try something that doesn't really ignite or hold a metal BB inside of it.

Instead, try taking your end of the barrel to some asphalt to sharpen it, and shoot pineapple, potatoes, or even better, peeled canteloupe. It busts up really good on impact, but stayes together good for loading. Same for the a cored pineapple.

If you notice in my pictures the barrel end on mine is sharped for that very reason. Its commonly known as a barrel knife and is fairly easy to make with a dremal. I have tried potatoes but never the others sounds like fun.

-DTR

#24 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:03 PM

This thing would be great for a Civil War recreation or somethin'. You could turn it into a rifle and instead of blanks you shoot nerf darts. That would be awesome! I want to try this but I don't know if my dad would allow me to use a lighter and some type of gas. How large is the thing compared to a Nitefinder? Ever thought of adding a stock?

Edited by Oro?, 27 June 2007 - 06:08 PM.

QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

#25 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

This thing would be great for a Civil War recreation or somethin'. You could turn it into a rifle and instead of blanks you shoot nerf darts. That would be awesome! I want to try this but I don't know if my dad would allow me to use a lighter and some type of gas. How large is the thing compared to a Nitefinder? Ever thought of adding a stock?

Well there is a permanent marker next to it for size comparason it but it is bigger than a nitefinder. And no I havent thought about adding a stock because it really isnt nessasary. Its fine as is.

-DTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users