The Best Double Shot Mod Ever

I documented it this time.

72 replies to this topic

#51 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

Damn it! Now I wish I hadn't given my original DS to my friend. Oh well, I could just buy a new one and work on it.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#52 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

Or you could buy a NERF gun, and know it will have good results.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#53 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:21 PM

Good point, they ALWAYS have the best results. That's the exact reason I made the Disk Shot into a scary sidearm (I mean awesome range and velocity).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#54 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:26 PM

Or you could buy a NERF gun, and know it will have good results.

Not always. The Buzz Bee Mustang Six outshoots the Maverick when both have been modded. The 4B is the same as a Titan (well, very close to it) in a much smaller and more convenient package. The Max Shot outshoots most crossbows, is cheaper, and is easier to find.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#55 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

Well, you've also got a good point there. I've got a Mustang Six in a cupboard somewhere (in an indoor war, anything goes, so I hide that there as a last resort), but I can't find Maxshots or 4Bs anywhere in any stores near me.

#56 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

4Bs outrange Titans. 400>210. I get 400 ranges, until my trigger broke with a UBS 2.0 CPVC 16in Barrel. But nerf hasn't made a flip open double barrel shotgun yet.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#57 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

I wish they would make a shotgun sometime. It is pretty much useless, but the DS is just too cool (except for the fugly colours). Damn, I wish 4Bs and Maxshots were sold near me.

#58 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

4Bs outrange Titans. 400>210. I get 400 ranges, until my trigger broke with a UBS 2.0 CPVC 16in Barrel. But nerf hasn't made a flip open double barrel shotgun yet.

Excuse me, but what the hell? Are you shooting airsoft BBs or something? My Big Blast shoots around 90 with modified Longshot darts, and CaptainSlug's shoots 140. We both use 14 inch aluminum barrels. Remember the guy who claimed 300 feet, and got his ass flamed?

#59 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

I am sorry general cole but even with an original (which i have) it sucks.I just tried this mod.The darts don't even bloody shoot out (I'm using a micro dart hot glues shut in the back and weighted).I've tried to fix the seal,but not dice.This mod is a dud guys.Just don't do it.
Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

#60 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

Just because yours didn't work you don't just discourage his thread and mod, you asshole.
What have you done?
And anyway, yours is screwed up anyway because of the "minimization" if I read correctly.

Edited by keef, 01 September 2007 - 10:10 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#61 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

I just did this mod but the cpvc is way to tight and the darts wont move after being shot. Any suggestions
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#62 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

Actually i fixed it and it works better than last time cause it cut off the top part of the barrel. But when i did this mod and used a retarded dart i made i got about 5 feet. Then i went downstairs and got jake (my friend's) wellmade stefans. Yipee it got 10 feet. I'm not discouraging his thread (i said sorry 0_o). I'm just trying to save some people their money. I'm pretty sure this mod will work for some people. But for both my barrels and one of my friend's, it didn't work. Just warning people of the loss of 16 dollars.

Btw,Keef you're cool and i don't wanna start a problem with you (especially on these forums). But don't worry i'm not offended. Especially because i don't understand a thing you typed...

Edit: Not an offense by the way. It's just that "So you don't discourage his thread" should be fixed a little because it's kind of hard to understand.

Edited by Smashkirby, 01 September 2007 - 07:37 PM.

Yeah. It was scary.

#63 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

Your darts need to be really LOOSE! LIKE NO FRICTION! LIKE SOAK THEM IN VEGGIE OIL! Seriously, does anyone get that? I will post vids of my DS. It stinks now (40ish) but thats because I left it in a wet garage for 8 months. I am just giving out the mod.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#64 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:06 PM

Kirby, your retarded learn to comprehend simple sentences. Period.

Cole, oil might not be the best suggestion. Maybe try PETG, fit with e-tape as needed. :-\
Timothy M-Lick <3

#65 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:43 PM

Cole, oil might not be the best suggestion. Maybe try PETG, fit with e-tape as needed. :-\

Um, sarcasm? I sort of doubt he actually soaks his darts in oil. An airsoft lubricant MIGHT work, though. I have never tried it, but it's designed to relieve friction in barrels.

Edited by yourface, 02 September 2007 - 06:43 PM.

#66 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:14 PM

"Kirby,YOUR retarded"

I can't seem to find my retarded anywhere. Perhaps i left it at home. Maybe i should ask my friend if i could borrow his retarded.

Just relax man all i was trying to say about the mod is that the material used for it was dud for almost everyone. True, i most likely should have rephrased it, but it doesn't mean that you have to lash out on a person like you're the one that's being insulted...

By the way, i tried with some smexy (smexy is an inside joke) PETG and it didn't work. So i decided to shrink my darts with a blowdryer. It shoots a good 53 feet average (spiked to 62 once). But the write-up with cpvc will fail for mostly everyone (cpvc is TIGHT). So i suggest you get some PETG (and blowdry your darts if necessary), make a good seal, and hope that it will work. If it does,then this mod will work great. :unsure:

Yeah. It was scary.

#67 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

EXACTLY! REALLY LOOSE! My darts can fall through 1/2in copper. So I used CPVC and my I've left them in the dryer for 30 minutes too long darts (please tell me you didn't think I was serious!). If you are getting those ranges, be happy!
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#68 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

Sorry for reviving an old article, but I'm currently trying to make my DS have no need for shells. I'm just wondering if you could avoid taking out the spring and orange ring by just pushing them in with the piping. I don't see why it would make a difference but...
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#69 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

Don't do this, its a piece of shit mod, and does nothing.

Just sell the dual shot its a useless piece of shit.

Edit:

Trust me, I did this to a friend's, it did nothing. Darts wouldn't even shoot out. I'm never working with it again unless someone finds a way to make it shoot > 4 feet

Edited by keef, 26 June 2008 - 10:31 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#70 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

I have to disagree, keef. I rather like mine and it gets decent ranges. Plus, it's just alot of fun to use.

You not liking it =/= bad gun.

#71 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:47 AM

Hey man! Great mod!! Awesome idea to get rid of those *%/"*$ shells!

A few questions though:

1.) I've neve seen 1/2" thinwall PVC - would sched. 40 1/2" PVC work the same?

2.) What kinds of darts does this shoot? Only stefans or streamlines and/or the darts that come with it in the box?

PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP - I reeeeaaaally want to do this mod!!

My e-mail is: noahz9@verizon.net

Thanks so much,

Whisper...

#72 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

Check the Date of the thread before you post next time,

/Thread
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#73 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

I know this thread should be dying.

But hopefully, Whisper reads this -

PLEASE.

Watch the dates. You've made 2 posts on the Haven so far, and both have been Necro's. You look like you have good post quality, so it'd suck to see you go so soon.

Now.

/Thread
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users