Photo

The Razorbeast

6 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

I just got a razorbeast with 20 chains and I love it.

I have a couple of questions for those of you chain gunners

1. How does putting PETG into the chainds work out?
2. I'm sorry, I really should go to HD and check but just in case if anyone knows.... do mega stefans fit into these chains?
3.This is the only gun that I'm kind of timid to open, because it is so rare and I don't want to mess it up. SO are the internals simple or complex?

Any warnings of this gun?

There really aren't many threads of this gun and I can't even find internal pics. I'll get some internal pics up soon, after reading your feedback.

Thanks
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

1. Not sure, but PETG is a little loose on my darts, but on this gun you need a tighter fit.
2. Yes, the chains are made for megas.
3. Please don't open it. I got a good condition one at Salvation Army for $4, and opened it up. The internals are very simple, but are extremely frustrating to put back together. There isn't even much modding capability, as the spring won't come off. I ended up putting it back together, but the chain rotation system was FUBAR.

I do have pictures if you want some, however. Mine was a Razorback, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. As for modding it, just put CPVC into the chains, and drill the holes of the chains and the white piece the air comes out of.

This is how the gun will look after you open it up:
Posted Image

This is the annoying ass piece:
Posted Image

I had very little understanding of how this gun works when I opened it, so thats probably why I messed it up. This piece kept slipping off when I tried to put it back together. Thinking I was being clever, I glued them together. Thus began my hate of this gun.

The pieces being apart was crucial to the rotation mechanism. It's hard to explain, but as you crank, the spring is pulled back, along with the plunger rod. The plunger rod hooks onto the wedge shaped orange piece until the wedge comes onto a ramp, which pushes it off the plunger rod, pushing the plunger back, which moves the mechanism.

This is how I attempted to mod it: Posted Image

Once again I thought I was being clever by adding foam to the top of this rubber stopper, as this gun creates a massive bark when fired. It turns out, however, that the stopper's length ensures that the wedge piece and the plunger rod will reset. Double Damnit!! Also the spring isn't coming off unless you cut away the piece that is holding it there, but I was already fed up with this gun so I left it.

So in short, drill out this piece:
Posted Image

and the back of your chains, slap some CPVC on them, and lube the plunger. But do not open this gun!!

Just for future reference, in case anyone has opened their gun, or wants to, heere is a pic of the internals put back:

Posted Image

Without the foam or glue.

Edited by blister, 18 July 2007 - 02:14 PM.

Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#3 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:01 PM

Wow. Thanks a ton!

What are the ranges you're getting with CPVC?

For the mega question, I meant, Do mega STEFANS fit into the chains nicely?

Yea, the gun is loud, I would really like to improve on that.....
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#4 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:56 PM

Wow. I could make one of those. Any good pictures of the chain?

/begins cad work.
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#5 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

I'm pretty sure mega stefans will fit in the chains. It just depends what size foam you have. I can't get any more pictures until Saturday, but I was using Rototrack chains.

Ranges? Well, It doesn't shoot past the first barrel anymore, but that one shoots at least 40 feet. I was actually using an acrylic barrel, which is the same O.D. as CPVC, but is clear.

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:26 PM

Sorry to revive this thrad but my rotation mech wasn't working anymore, so I had to open it up......

These internals look so simple but are so complex at the same time.

Blister I have a question for you. Did drilling out that white piece really add range? I don't think it would.....

Also do you think there is any way to deaden the noise? Maybe fill all the internals with foam?

I'm going to try to assemble it now. THANKS for the pics!

Edit- yea that piece is a bitch, but I can get it. I think I have a decent mod for it. I'll post a little write up for it tomorrow!

I completely understand the internals. It's a brilliant gun!

Edited by nerfer34, 02 August 2007 - 07:55 PM.

#7 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

I'm not sure whether or not drilling the pieces helped or not, but it might.

You could try filling everything with foam, but don't mess at all with rubber stopper.

Glad I could help with the pictures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users