Photo

I Need Instuctions To A Hameade Sniper

10 replies to this topic

#1 PhillyPhoamAlex

PhillyPhoamAlex

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 02:38 PM

Does anyone have instructions to make a good homemade loser rifel?
I AM COOL...kinda...

#2 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 02:46 PM

Well...

This is good...

As is this...

There are some "Hameade loser rifels" for you.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 02:48 PM

Uhh,

1) design it yourself, thats Nerf
2)How easy does it have to be, have you ever made or designed a homemade before...
3)what kind of valve
4)whats your price range
5)homemades arent very practicle(except boltsniper's)
ko

#4 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 02:57 PM

Uhh,

1) design it yourself, thats Nerf
2)How easy does it have to be, have you ever made or designed a homemade before...
3)what kind of valve
4)whats your price range
5)homemades arent very practicle(except boltsniper's)

1) He obviously doesn't know how to, that's why he asked us.
2) Isn't it obvious that he hasn't made one before?
3) If he truly has never made a homemade before, he won't know much on the topic of homemade valves.
4) Probably something cheap and affordable, for starters.
5) That's for you to judge, and you have no idea what he's making it for. Maybe he just wants to learn.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#5 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 03:08 PM

Well he did make a specifacation tha is has to be a "loser" and maybe he doesnt know how to make a really good one, and has made some crappy ones...

If he doesnt know how, then learn. A basic homemade must be the easiest thing to build in all of nerf. If he has ever modded an air powered gun then he knows how to make a homemade, its just that easy.

Dont tell me he doesnt know what kind of valve to use, because if he read around he would have heard like 20 kinds of them...(or if he read around he wouldnt need to know how to build a homemade)

And if he has EVER internally modded a gun, he'll know how valves work.

Like I said, design it yourelf, its alot less satisfying to tell your friends it wasnt your idea, and you just copyed it off the web.
ko

#6 TualatinNerfer

TualatinNerfer

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 05:47 PM

OK I am new to nerf. BUt i have modded my own guns. But i just am not satisyed with the results, so i am designing my own homemade. I am using super soaker parts to do it. The hardest thing, besides not having money, is finding the right valve for you and your gun. Every thing else is cheap and readily availble.

So, have you ever looked at what makes an Air tech or a Super soaker fire. Cannibalize the valve that fires it. I gonna be winter soon and you wont need your supersoaker, don't worry if you break it. I have modded 5 guns and i broke 3, however i learned from my mistakes.

There is no set pattern for getting into nerf, just do somthing and you will be inspired to do more. Never be afraid to fail. Get better or bitter.

#7 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 06:39 PM

Heres an idea, change it, improvise, whatever, this is just to get you started: Get a hose handle. Put a PVC coupler on it.Stick some PVC in that, about 4" at max of it. Get some vinyle tubing. Put that on the PVC stub. Not get a peice of 1/2" diameter PVC, put it in a couple, and put that on the place where the water would come OUT. Make the PVC long, and dont glue it into the coupler. Run the vinyl tubing under the PVC with duct-tape, leaving some slack. Okay, now stick another PVC stub int eh end of the vinyl tubing. Drill a hole through a pvc endcap of whatever size you used, and then clip the valve off of a bike tube, then put the valve out through the endcap. Plumbers Goop all the bottom pieces, by the way. Done. You just pull the PVC out of the coupler, stick a dart in it, then close, pump with bike pump, and fire. Make the barrel REALLY long. It gives it more time to push the dart, and as the dart starts in the back, it can be as long as you want. THis is great for a loser as the longer barrel you have, the better the accuracy, AS LONG AS the dart travels ALL THE WAY through the barrel. It is sized for micro stefans, by the way. Stock micros work ok too, though. And even though you might not get a good seal with the 1/2" PVC barrel, thats okay. It cant be TOO tight or the dart wouldnt go all the way without lowering velocity. This makes a VERY accurate gun, and is simple to make.
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#8 AtiLa TheHUN

AtiLa TheHUN

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 07:02 PM

does it need to be plastic(pvc) or can it be metal, cause i have plans for metal one

#9 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 16 October 2003 - 08:22 PM

Posted Image

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#10 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 02:07 PM

1)topic is dead
2) as long as the metal is same size, miros dont make much of a seal at all, yet it allows them to go through the WHOLE barrel, making it accurate. My version of this has a breech-loading 4ft. of barrel.
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#11 AtiLa TheHUN

AtiLa TheHUN

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 11:47 PM

^_^ Yer, but ill be puting like a ring seal on the outer tube on both ends on the coking tube inside the barrel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users