Ridiculous

7 replies to this topic

#1 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

http://news.aol.com/...715195409990001

This is just crazy. Another reason for people to blame video games for everything bad.

Edited by baseballnolan5, 16 July 2007 - 09:56 PM.

QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#2 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:08 PM

I am not certain if you read the whole topic, but it went on to explain:

Last month, experts at an American Medical Association meeting backed away from a proposal to designate video game addiction as a mental disorder, saying it had to be studied further. Some said the issue is like alcoholism, while others said there was no concrete evidence it's a psychological disease.

Patrick Killen, spokesman for Nevada Child Abuse Prevention, said video game addiction's correlation to child abuse is "a new spin on an old problem."

"As we become more technologically advanced, there's more distractions," Killen said. "It's easy for someone to get addicted to something and neglect their children. Whether it's video games or meth, it's a serious issue, and (we) need to become more aware of it."

I would'nt jump to conclusions yet.
Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#3 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

No.

It's just another scapegoat for parents who can't fess up and admit that they do not deserve to be parents or are not decent parents.

Something tells me these parents are the same ones who let their kids run around unattended in restaurants and stores.

If I did that, my ass would be slapped 7 ways from sunday.

I would send these bastards to a poor, 3rd world Asian country (north Vietnam, maybe) and force them to rase a shitload of kids without any electrical aid.

Then I would deny them the right to come back to America.

Cruel: yes.

Deserved: most definitely.
USA

#4 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

I really hate how every time someone has really no good excuse it seems to fall into the hands of video games, like when that kid blamed his problems on GTA3, so congress was thinking about revamping the ESRB. Thats a load of crap, its the persons fault not the video game. Only really messed up people actually think that video games are "real" and that they influence their lives. Video games should be a hobby, not a life.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#5 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:55 PM

Video Game Addiction may not be a mental issue but not being able to cop with stress and societal beliefs is. When one person goes and says video games ruined his life chances are he has slight schizophrenia with and other disorder. This cause them to believe that what they are playing is real and have no other state of mind to think otherwise. This case however is clear, cut, child abuse coupled with neglect. These parents should be spade or neutered with a dull rusty knife to keep them from procreating.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#6 aguineapig

aguineapig

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

No.

It's just another scapegoat for parents who can't fess up and admit that they do not deserve to be parents or are not decent parents.

Something tells me these parents are the same ones who let their kids run around unattended in restaurants and stores.

If I did that, my ass would be slapped 7 ways from sunday.

I would send these bastards to a poor, 3rd world Asian country (north Vietnam, maybe) and force them to rase a shitload of kids without any electrical aid.

Then I would deny them the right to come back to America.

Cruel: yes.

Deserved: most definitely.

I agree completely.
fun-petitive!

Her brother literally almost pissed herself.

DO NOT CLICK!!

#7 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

"You gotta beat your kids!" -Russell Peters.

Edited by frost vectron, 18 July 2007 - 05:37 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#8 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

What the hell does the Government expect?

There was talk about a Government-aided video game for those coming back from the middle east to help them subside their post-war illnesses. If they fucking think for a second, then maybe they would see that practically half of the people coming home from the middle east are only those that have been injured and most likely can't play the game because of missing limbs.

On top of that, if anyone has played the game Americas Army (AA for short), then they know that it is also aided by the U.S. Army, thusly the U.S. Government, and is free. I played the game online quite a while before other things got in the way. I can recall several people mentioning they were in the Armed Gaurd or the U.S. Army or the Marines and many of them would play and ask me for imformation to send me recuitment info. After getting 4 recruitment offers in one game, I got pissed and stated "I did not get this game just to see if I qualify for the Army. If you would think outside of your brainwashed skulls, then you would realize that many of the kids these days that play games like this would never qualify for the Army."

The response I got after that from a so-called Marine (so-called because I have no proof of his being a marine) was "Well, we don't give the game out to people that don't even consider the armed forces a choice in life." And I kicked back "So you give this game out to people so you can harrass them into being a recruit? I am just loving where our parents' tax dollars are going towards."

At that statement the Marine deducted to me that my parents' tax dollars were going towards a video game then. And I deducted that our parents don't choose to put that money on a video game and that they chose to put it towards getting this war over with. At that I left and I haven't played the game since.

So, what's rediculous? Our parents getting mad because we play videos? Our Government diverting our tax dollars towards gaining more troops, not getting what we have back? Or that fact that just maybe, our parents are argueing about these violent video games where in turn they are paying for them? This isn't a case of one person going wrong so we all suffer. This is a case of the said person go wrong and us paying for their help, not putting funds together to put the lead cause away and make those that don't go wrong suffer.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users