Photo

Spare Time

What do you do with your spare time? Aside from Nerfing.

64 replies to this topic

#1 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

This topic is to see what people do with their spare time (aside from Nerf of course). I kind of want to see what other nerfers are like.

Personally, I do all sorts of things: sailing, skiing, archery, riflery, video games, read, watch movies, write short stories, build plastic models, and hang out with my friends.

P.S. What you do doesn't have to be in any order.
P.P.S. To anyone trying to burn me for a repeat post: I couldn't find any other post like this, so if you do find one, I didn't know.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#2 zxnam

zxnam

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:11 PM

I like to fish, alot. Its very peaceful.

#3 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:13 PM

I do some fishing too, especially when I'm camping (I forgot to add that).

#4 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

Hm.

Movies, read, juggle, video games, play Magic (The Gathering), hang out with friends, draw. I could go on.

I don't know if this counts, but: making stefans (I love it, for some reason...)
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#5 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:32 PM

People keep reminding me of other hobbies of mine. AOTN, I also draw and do MTG. I literally have about 2000 cards, it's just been a while since I've been in a proper match.

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

I play video games, play a few instruments, websurf, go swimming, and make-out with my girlfriend. You know, the usual.

I also create simple computer games and graphics. This is the one I'm working on now:

Posted Image

Probably dead by now, or something.

#7 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

Fishing, Hunting, Scrapping (metal...it's an excuse to earn money and find out how things work), Work (yes, I injoy my job), Riflery, and spending as much time as I can with my girlfriend...that's all I can think of. I guess you can say I'm pretty big into riflery right now after the spent time with my love. I have spent an easy $350 in shells at the rifle range in the past week and a half. Fishing would be third. I don't fish as much though. Just started fly fishing this year and I am going to try my hand with a bait caster type reel and throw the zebcos away.

Oh, I qualify for couch potatoe easily.

Edit: AssassinNF, someone sent me a download to a overhead paintball game over AIM a while ago. It wasn't too bad, but I had some things I wanted to throw in about it. Any confessors? I can't figure out who it was.

Edit 2: Just remembered (from the MTG comment) Warhammer. I mostly just buy, paint, keep or sell. I don't have a large army or colletion yet to play. I am however looking for the 50 dollar starter kit just to learn how to play it.

Edited by LastManAlive, 16 July 2007 - 09:17 PM.

He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#8 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

Working on my bicycle, playing with Lego's, sleeping, swimming, reading (zombie survival guide/other humor books), playing video games, surfing the net, working on my Eagle (Boy Scouts), tennis, making movies, television, and hanging out with friends.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#9 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

Edit: AssassinNF, someone sent me a download to a overhead paintball game over AIM a while ago. It wasn't too bad, but I had some things I wanted to throw in about it. Any confessors? I can't figure out who it was.

Sorry man, I don't do paintball games, and I don't have AIM. Tis not me :D

Probably dead by now, or something.

#10 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

I play tennis, sail, In the winter I ski. I like reading. Oh yeah, craving the new Transformers movie (god that was a cool movie). I like biking too.
Deal wit it.

#11 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

Ok I guess,

Weight lifting, semi-pro skiing, practicing for football(yea I like to get stronger and faster, my current dream is to play in the AFL(arena football)), hanging out with friends, golfing!, occasional paintball, watching sportscenter, beach, being competitive, and my favorite summer hobby WIFFLE BALL!.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#12 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

Tennis, WC3 mods(mainly dota), CS is a big thing for me, and just generally hanging out with people finding shit to do.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#13 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

Where do you/have you guys ski?

Also, foamforce123, what type of boat do you sail?

#14 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

I'm a semi-professional musician (writing, recording and performing), and I also like making my own instruments (my main flute is one I made out of 3/4" PVC). Beyond that, I like collecting old gaming systems and computers, going to ren faires, reading, flying kites, and biking.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#15 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

Most of my time is spent working on my car, and restoring my dad's car. I also do a lot of boogie boarding and just started surfing last year, salt water fishing, and the only game I play now a days is Guitar Hero.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#16 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

School, band, orchestra, a job (in web design), gaming, working on gaming club's web site. Also read news compulsively. Want to build a railgun, but not sure where to get cheap capacitors.

#17 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:41 PM

For all those sailors out there, if you haven't been traking the Mackinac race, then here is the link. The website has a GPS tracking system, so you can keep track of every boat.

Tracking is under "Results" at the top of the page.

Edited by Spectre666, 16 July 2007 - 10:42 PM.

#18 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:11 PM

Where do you/have you guys ski?

Also, foamforce123, what type of boat do you sail?

I ski and have skiied in Beaver creek, Lutsen, Duluth, other places I can't put my finger on. Well I sail 420's, kinda small but fun. They atleast have a jib sail and go fairly fast.

Edited by foamforce123, 16 July 2007 - 11:15 PM.

Deal wit it.

#19 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:35 PM

This thread took off fast.

Aside from hanging out with friends, dancing and carpentry (building stuff for around the house) are my two other main hobbies. I draw sometimes. My mom also has me do housework periodically. Which I suppose counts as the carpentry bit. Anyways.

Once I'm with friends, though, the variety skyrockets... lots more dancing... movies, video games, night games. The lot.

Also, I tend to cook... amidst everything. With/without friends. In between other hobbies. You know. It's cooking.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 17 July 2007 - 07:45 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#20 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:57 PM

I ski and have skiied in Beaver creek, Lutsen, Duluth, other places I can't put my finger on. Well I sail 420's, kinda small but fun. They atleast have a jib sail and go fairly fast.

I've skiied in Briger Bowl, Big Sky, Moonlight Basin, and Red Lodge in Montana, I mostly ski in Wisconsin though since I live in Chicago.
And as for what I sail, I sail a Vangaurd 15 with my dad.
Posted Image

Note: While this V15 isn't mine, I'm just posting it to give you an I dea of what I sail.

Edited by Spectre666, 16 July 2007 - 11:59 PM.

#21 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:14 AM

Lets see I wakeboard, kneeboard, intertube, swim, gymnastics, bike, kayak, and canoe.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#22 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:07 AM

I love making movies and putting them together i believes this is were my career will take me. I also like to bike and bike with my girl. I like working...surprisingly, I love to watch good movies the only thing worst than a good movie is a really crappy movie. Anyhow I wished i lived closer too nature because I love to boat and i love to fish but i live in Toronto.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#23 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:39 AM

Im only 13, and don't really have a huge expanse list of what I can do, so I fly airplanes.

Yes, I mean real, flying, airplanes.
Nuckin' Futz

#24 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

Oh yea. Forgot about sailing. It's something my dad likes to do with me.

We sail cats. : oD
Best boat ever. Instead of just hiking out past your knees, you usually just stand on the high hull. It's awesome.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#25 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:53 AM

Sports, Soccer mainly. Diving. mycokerewards, friends
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users