Nerfhaven I Have A Problem.

MAV HELP!

5 replies to this topic

#1 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

Ok. Just 15 minutes ago I modded a MAV. I took the AR's out and replaced the barrels with CPVC. Also did the "straw mod" Where you take a straw and put it by the hole where the air flows through and filled around it with hot glue. So I put it all back together and now the damned thing won't fire. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I took a spring from the AR's and put it in the turret to help create a better seal. Please help.

~McFlurry

Edited by Pvt.McFlurry, 18 August 2007 - 04:43 PM.

QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#2 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

You know it said EXPANDING FOAM SEALANT isn't hotglue right? Thats why. and make sure everything else is sealed.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#3 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

Yes I am very aware of that thank you I didn't have any at the time.

Edited by Pvt.McFlurry, 18 August 2007 - 04:56 PM.

QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:23 PM

You may have melted the straws shut, like I accidentally did once on a CDTS while adding some reinforcement to the tail. Or the straws aren't correctly positioned. Also, I recommend CS's completely genius modification the rotation mech, just in case the turret isn't rotating properly.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:09 AM

On a related note, will expanding foam sealant hold pressure? I did a silly thing with an AT2K and I need something that can be dispensed through a thin tube and be airtight.

#6 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

On a related note, will expanding foam sealant hold pressure? I did a silly thing with an AT2K and I need something that can be dispensed through a thin tube and be airtight.

No. It's too light and porous, unless you guys use a different brand or type than I do... What would this AT2k problem be? As for your requirements, try Plumber's Goop, just make sure it's not a part you're going to need to get to soon. Or silicone caulk also works.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users