High-Cap clip, fuck yeah.

12 replies to this topic

#1 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:17 AM

Here it is, A Successful Homemade Sawtooth/Electric Eel Clip. I've had this prototype in the works since the Big Clip Sawtooth, but I never got around to finishing it until recently.

It's pretty simple, I used sheet plastic that's half the thickness of a sawtooth clip, drew a template based off of the notches in the stock clip, cut out said template, glue on some of OMC's PETG for barrels and Shazam! It's kinda a hybrid of both the Sawtooth and Electric eel clips, and it works in both guns.

anywho... here's some Pics:

Early pics of Proto Clip 1:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Proto Clip 1 Finished:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Proto Clip 1 in Electric Eel:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Marking template for Proto Clip 2:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Marking Holes for Proto Clip 2:
Posted Image

Proto Clip 2, second layer glued on and holes drilled:
Posted Image

I'll be selling a few of these if I get enough people who are interested. The clips shoot micros about the same distance my stock EE clip with PEX barrels does, and if you wanted your EE to still have the "Glow" Effect, I'm sure you could put FireFly glow Darts in one of these.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#2 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:11 AM

Holy shit. Thats freaking amazing. Your work is always has a very clean look to it.

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

I have been seeing a lot of work towards homemade clips recently. Good work bags. Your stefans look kind of sloppy and so did the paint on the EE. Were you coming down off the acid trip when you painted it?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

Excellent. I have a sawtooth with no clips... not even one to try to work a homemade one off of. Count me in as "interested."
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#5 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

That's pretty cool!

I personally don't have an EE or Sawtooth, but I remember someone mentioning that they needed spares for their Sawtooth, I think it was over at NHQ.

Anyways, are those white darts made out of the foam bought from the "foam for log homes" place? I'll try to get a link.

By the way, I PM'd you a while ago about wanting to purchase a Ball-Barrel for a Titan. I don't know if you just haven't responded or something, but I want to make sure you got it.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#6 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:45 AM

I have been seeing a lot of work towards homemade clips recently. Good work bags. Your stefans look kind of sloppy and so did the paint on the EE. Were you coming down off the acid trip when you painted it?

The Stefs were some quickie ones to prove a concept, The Original Prototype clip has nine shots, I made Nine darts, they dried In the clip...

on to the subject of the PJ, I've had my EE cut down severely for a while, the reason it looks soo bad is the fact that I tried to use Gap filler to cover up all the parts I cut off, That was a Mistake. The PJ was just using up leftover fusion green and Blue no big. Now that this Homemade Clip is working well, I think I'll go back and Clean up this gun and re-do the PJ, but I make no promises, what matters is that it works.

Excellent. I have a sawtooth with no clips... not even one to try to work a homemade one off of. Count me in as "interested."

I'll get to work on one for ya, I most likely will be selling a 12 shot clip for $20

That's pretty cool!

I personally don't have an EE or Sawtooth, but I remember someone mentioning that they needed spares for their Sawtooth, I think it was over at NHQ.

Anyways, are those white darts made out of the foam bought from the "foam for log homes" place? I'll try to get a link.

By the way, I PM'd you a while ago about wanting to purchase a Ball-Barrel for a Titan. I don't know if you just haven't responded or something, but I want to make sure you got it.

I got your PM, I just haven't had much time to respond, I'm sorry I'll send you a response soon. Yes the foam is from www.aloghomestore.com I love their white foam, I've used it for years, it's WAY better than FA24's red stuff in my opinion, no offense FA, but I still have darts today that were made from that white foam in 2005.

Good Stuff

Edited by baghead, 17 July 2007 - 09:03 PM.

#7 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

That's pretty cool!

I got your PM, I just haven't had much time to respond, I'm sorry I'll send you a response soon. Yes the foam is from www.aloghomestore.com I love their white foam, I've used it for years, it's WAY better than FA24's red stuff in my opinion, no offense FA, but I still have darts today that were made from that white foam in 2005.

Good Stuff

Okay, thanks.

So, does that white foam fit well in OMC's PETG, for springers too? Even when straightened in a dryer? That's awsome. I might have to buy some.

Thanks,

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#8 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

Beautiful. It increases the ROF, but still has simplicity.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#9 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

And It can be re-produced fairly easily, here's the finished 12 shot clip

Posted Image

I'll sell them to anyone who is interested for $20

-bags

Edited by baghead, 17 July 2007 - 09:03 PM.

#10 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:50 AM

And It can be re-produced fairly easily, here's the finished 12 shot clip

Posted Image

I'll sell them to anyone who is interested for $20

-bags

That's kinda sloppy, but who cares, it's functional eh? You should make a homemade drum mag for the EE and the ST. That would be so fucking awesome!
kthxbaisend

#11 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

A drum magazine would be impossible, because this gun doesn't use magazines. It uses CLIPS. Meaning the barrels are on the clip itself. And to be honest, I don't think that its all that messy.

#12 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:37 AM

That's kinda sloppy, but who cares, it's functional eh? You should make a homemade drum mag for the EE and the ST. That would be so fucking awesome!

Note to anyone else who wants to say it's kinda sloppy: "Do something Better, or don't talk crap". It's about as clean as you can get if you're doing EVERY FUCKING THING BY HAND, everyone's spoiled by CS and his Custom Machined parts, but no, this whole thing is done with stuff ANYONE has east access to. you could replicate this without a dremmel even, I just used one because it was a tad bit faster, but all the key work was done with an x-acto knife or saw and a low temp hot glue gun.

As dark infection mentioned, a drum mag would be impossible. The Clip system of the EE/Sawtooth does Not Work like that.

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 18 July 2007 - 10:38 AM.

#13 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:09 PM

Note to anyone else who wants to say it's kinda sloppy: "Do something Better, or don't talk crap". It's about as clean as you can get if you're doing EVERY FUCKING THING BY HAND, everyone's spoiled by CS and his Custom Machined parts, but no, this whole thing is done with stuff ANYONE has east access to. you could replicate this without a dremmel even, I just used one because it was a tad bit faster, but all the key work was done with an x-acto knife or saw and a low temp hot glue gun.

As dark infection mentioned, a drum mag would be impossible. The Clip system of the EE/Sawtooth does Not Work like that.

-Bags

Yah, I agree. If anyone thinks they have a better solution, they can show Bag on the field, then we'll see what is more functional. Oh and it's alot easier to have multiple ammo strips because of the simplicity in production. I have yet to see somebody lug a belt full of bulky drum mags through the field. That would be quite the sight to see.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users