Opinion: Is This Mod Easy To Do?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Legault

Legault

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7002

It's Carrtoon's mod. Also, if anyone has done this mod, do you guys think using A Maverick's spring as the stock's stabilizer will have a better or worse range opposed to using an NF spring as the stock's stabilizer?

#2 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

This mod is not that hard to do. It is harder to do than a basic NF mod but still is an easy mod. Just make sure you put the gun back together correctly.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#3 Legault

Legault

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

^Thanks for the reply, but if I use a Mav's spring as the stock spring's stabilizer will the range be better or worse opposed to using a NF's spring as the stock spring's stabilizer?

#4 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

What do you mean by stabilizer? Adding a maverick spring in addition to the LS spring will probably do just about nothing in terms of range. If you are a weaker nerfer (no offense), then add a stock NF spring as opposed to an industrial NF replacement spring.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#5 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

I Remember someone saying on NH, that the longshot is one of the harder guns to mod, and should be done if you know what you're doing because then it'll be a waste of $30.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#6 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

It's honestly not that difficult to mod a longshot. It's just hard getting it all back together. But once you do it a few times, it's like taking apart a NF.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#7 Legault

Legault

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

What do you mean by stabilizer? Adding a maverick spring in addition to the LS spring will probably do just about nothing in terms of range. If you are a weaker nerfer (no offense), then add a stock NF spring as opposed to an industrial NF replacement spring.
-------------

In the mod, Carrtoon said something about using a NF spring to stabilize the stock spring

#8 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:22 AM

He probably meant to put o-ring instead of spring. Adding two o-rings would make the stock one have less room to move around.

As a general rule here, try not to make too many topics about simple questions. Make one topic with all your questions.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#9 Legault

Legault

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

If you look at the pictures in the mod, there are two springs

EDIT: Oh and by the way, where can you get o rings?

EDIT #2: Never mind about the o-rings question.

Edited by Legault, 12 July 2007 - 03:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users