Any HALO fans?

24 replies to this topic

#1 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:57 PM

SUPER LATE EDIT!!

Just a walkthrough... no actual preformance.

Hello and welcome fellow HALO fans (<-Great people)!!

I'm currently 98% complete with my latest mod, and I was going to reveal it only when it's 100% completed, but since my fundings ran dry, I guess revealing it now other then in a month is better (for all of us, I hate holding secrets).

(FYI The last 2% is an easy fix, just need x4 right angle copper tubing joints, x2 5-6" copper tubes, and x2 3" copper tubes, when you put them together, you get this frontal handle)

Posted Image

As some of you have already guessed, this mod is for a Brute Shot.

Timmy : What's a Brute Shot?

Congratulations on alienating yourself from every boy/girl/teen/adult with an XBOX Timmy.

For those of you who don't already know, a Brute Shot is a grenade launcher/powerful melee weapon favored by the Jiralhanae, AKA Brutes. It can fire angled shots at targets hundreds of feet away (Just like a powerful modded Nerf gun). A large blade is attached to the bottom/rear of the gun to provide powerful slice-n-dice action for when targets get too close to use the grenade launcher.

The idea first came to me the day after my friend came over to pick up his integrated Long Shot.
It was a sad day, I kept reminiscing about how much time I've put into his LS, and now it's gone.
I looked around my room to find something to keep me busy, but all the guns were already modded (Basic mods, AR removals, barrel replacements, Over Pressurized Release Valves plugged).

Then it caught my eyes, my big ass Titan, standing erect above the weaker guns.
The only gun I have that can pierce a couple of layers of cardboards (Even the LS couldn't pierce cardboard, best it did was dent it.)
I remembered it took an entire week of planning, gathering materials, and hard work to mod the LS, but it only took 2 hours to mod the Titan.
It wasn't fair, it felt too short.

I picked up the Titan and to cheer myself up, I put some entrance and exit wounds in some cardboard boxes.
Then I saw the reflection of the Titan on the mirror, and my mind started to wander a bit. Eventually I realized, "Hey, it kinda looks like a Grenade Launcher from Halo".
So I flipped through the pages of my HALO 2 booklet, and I could see the resemblance (with a 'lil help from my imagination).
I also noticed that the Human's Rocket Launcher looks like it can be an easy Homemade AP gun; the Nerf Hornet could be a Plasma Rifle or with a barrel; a Carbine, and the Titan can also be a Fuel Rod Gun - with some imagination of course.)
I decided to give it a shot, and started the same way I always do, I drew out a quick concept sketch of it on MS Paint.
It looked do-able.

Posted Image

For the Pump, I needed a small compact pump that would fit through the sight glass frame on the Titan.
I checked ebay for some pumps, and after half an hour, I ran into a Nike Dual Action Compact Pump, I couldn't see the finer details of it, but it looked alright, everything except for the price... so I went to Modell's the next morning.
Just my luck, the very last Nike Dual Action Compact Pump they had in stock, (was it fate? you'll find out later.)
When I unwrapped it, I noticed many things different with the pump:

It pumps air whether you're pushing on it or pulling.
The Handle is where the plunger is in.
The head is where the hose comes out (Normally it comes the other end)
The head was so small, with 2 quick cuts on both sies, it fitted the sight glass frame of the Titan PERFECTLY (It was almost like it was made to fit in it... scary).
And the last feature, was that it had 2 fin shaped things sticking out of the handle (It is suppose to be where you'd put the pump needle when it's not in use), well those "fins" gripped onto the forward blade perfectly, using the sword as a straight guide)... this pump was too good to be true, it was just unbelievable.

After 2 days of making the beta parts, I've finished the basic parts and put the gun together.
The front sword was 14"x1/4"x1", holes were drilled to allow the screws to fit through it.
The Power Gauge was removed and it's tube was sealed with hot glue.
I Attached the pump directly into the stock tube, and it looked like this:

Posted Image

Testing it as is, the results were pathetic. Since I've never worked on an Air Powered gun other then plugging it's OPRV and AR removal, I had no idea what was wrong at first.
After a few hours of figuring out how everything worked exactly, I figured out what materials were going to be needed, and how to fix it.
The next day back to Home Depot I went.
Something caught my eyes, while I was browsing their FBR section, I noticed a package of 10' 1/4" vinyl tubing right on top of the 1/2" FBR's (Heh, perhaps another modder lived near Flushing Queens, I've never met another modder before ^^)
Anyways, I picked up the 1/4" vinyl tube, some 1/2" & 1" PVC, a 1/2" PVC adapter and coupler (Gotta love the cheap stuff), a bunch of wood, some spray paint (Apparently you need to be 21 or older to buy those, it was my first time so I didn't know a thing), more epoxy, wood glue, a bunch of krazy glue, etc.

The new changes were:
I made another frontal sword to replace the last, this one was LONG, it went half way into the Titan and about 14" out of it.
Because it went in deeper, more holes were drilled, while made it MUCH more stable.

I replaced the 2 separate air tubes with the new 1/4" vinyl tube (Much more easier to pump now).

I plugged all 12 of the OPRV in the pump (located at the top and bottom of the plunger).

I reassembled it together, and fired a test shot, with a stock dart stuffed in the pvc adapter, which was attached to the head of the nozzle. Success, it worked.

Now I went back into the 1st diagram I drew.
Since the stock pump was removed, there's now a huge void in it's absence. I could have done 3 things:
1, Simply cut that whole back chamber off, similar to some of the Titan hand gun mods.
2, Reinstall the stock pump and connect the 2 tubes to create a dual pump-able titan (Which was very tempting at the time)
or
3, Cut off the stand from the stock pump and keep the chamber which housed the stock pump. Cut a hold on the bottom side (Or top side since the Brute Shot is upside-down), like a giant breech, and use it as an Ammo Storage Chamber.

I picked the latter.

Posted Image

In the pictures above, the Blue and Red represent the positive and negative sides of magnets.
In a previous attempt to make a free energy motor, I've stocked up on a bunch of these small magnets that each have about Six pounds of pulling force. I've decided to use them as a way of holding the rear blade in place and by doing so, the rear blade will lock the chamber closed, unless I apply some strength to open it.
As a precaution, I used 2 magnets on the Ammo chamber and 2 on the Blade, (12 pounds of pulling force).
The ring-like object in the pic is a Magnet attached to a ring.
It's so you'll be able to open the chamber after it's been unlocked, sure you can just screw in a drawer knob but this way looks cooler (Just imagine placing your hand 2 inches from the back of the chamber and watch as it slams open, right into your hand... like magic).
FYI, if anyone was curious, the free energy motor failed, damn Mythbusters..... I'll prove you wrong someday...

The pics below are the PVC parts I used to replace the stock barrel.
The orange part of the stock barrel is fine, but I hate that damn coupler inside it, it prevents so many things so I just sanded off the top half of the nozzle from the gun bladder until it fitted the PVC Adapter and epoxied it together.
I slammed the 1/2" PVC coupler into the 1" PVC tube and it was stuck (No gluing required, I've tried prying it apart, and well... my hand has been red and sore ever since so it's pretty solid).
The gray colored tube in the pic below was something I didn't expect to find.
It had the exact dimensions of the orange stock barrel (1 1/2" OD, and the ID was only slightly larger then the 1" PVC tube)
I'm mentioning this because I remember reading back, that FA_24 wanted to buy a stock Titan barrel for $2, well this barrel is 6" long and cost about a dollar and some change, I also bough a 16" one for only 2 dollars and some change, it was in the PVC/Plumbing section in Home Depot. (Worried about the nozzle and coupler? Don't, they were less then a quarter each in the pvc adapter and coupler binges.

Posted Image

Ah, in case anyone is still confused about the whole AMMO Chamber locking with the Rear blade, here's some pics of it in action.
As you can see, the bladed will not wobble, release, etc. itself from the Ammy Chamber, and only after applying my own strength to it, did it open. Then I just placed my hand 2 inches from the chamber and it magnetically pulled itself out, and inside you can store stefans fro,micros to mongo's.
If you're curious as to how to make the upper frame of the rear blade match the stock titan's rear, it's really simple.
Just place 1 half of the stock Titan on a flat piece of paper, or on the wood itself, and just trace it, it's that simple.

Posted Image

Here's some more pics of the Brute Shot from different angles.

Posted Image

As for the range.. I don't have a measure device, so to test the power of the Brute SHot, I just shoot holes in cardboard boxes.
Below, are some images of the entrance and exit wounds of a box of Doll Noodles (That's what we call it in Chinese, "Gong Jai Mien"; you might know it as instant noodles or Ramen to you Naruto fans).
Don't worry, no packages of Ramen were injured during the firing of the Brute Shot.
The Stefans I used were your basic 1/2" with no weights, (BB's are illegal in NY and fishing weights... well fishing stores aren't that common around here, not to mention we don't have a lot of Wal-Mart... we have Walgreens, Walbaums, but I've never even been in/seen a Walmart.)

Posted Image

I wanted to test out shooting Mongo's but neither the Home Depot or Ace's hardware sells 1" FBR, and spending 15 bucks online for something that cost around 7 bucks for in a store... well that's a "No-Go" for me.
But if anyone wants to donate a single Mongo, I'd be more then happy to test it, and in return you'll receive a bunch of E-thanks. :)

Edited by b00m13, 29 August 2007 - 10:30 PM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#2 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:01 PM

No one realy does much to there titan cosmeticaly realy. Besides maybe a paintjob. At a glance I could guess im looking at a halo weapon. I hope you make more great cosmetic work guns.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#3 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:01 PM

Did you modify this it or is it just a stock titan? But hey good job that looks great.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#4 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:03 PM

Did you modify this it or is it just a stock titan? But hey good job that looks great.

If you look closely theres a brass or copper barrel on there.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#5 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:08 PM

I'm a huge fan of the Halo series and That looks just like the Brute Shot.Awesome, just awesome. Keep up the good work, dude.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#6 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:49 PM

Legendary.

That looks great, Keep it up what kind of paint did you use?
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#7 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:54 PM

how did you make the blade?
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#8 ashs75

ashs75

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

Holy crap that thing rocks!!! Please put the write up as soon as possible! I'll go buy another titan to do this!!!
Rifle vs Tank = terrorist getting owned

#9 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:29 AM

Much thanks for the comments guys.
I've re written the entire guide again... and now... I think I deserve some alone time with my lately neglected buddy... "Dean-Sea" (TV in Chinese).

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't notice the new comments.

The paint I used were just regular spray paint, I'm a noob so when I went to the Home Depot to pick some up, they were behind a caged fence, required ID, and the sales person had to watch over you, so I didn't want to take up too much of his time, I just grabbed a can of Silver Gray and Black spray paint and went to get other supplies.
It wasn't until I got home I realized that there were specific aerosol paint for painting Nerf guns, (Plastic paint which were there but I didn't see the 1st time around).
The Gray and Silver were really cheap cans, only 1.$96, and the Black was a different brand, called Rust-oleum, Black Appliance Epoxy.
It gave some of the plastic and wood a kind of glare, which wasn't too bad, I'd prefer a Flat look, but I gotta live with my own mistakes.

The Blade is made of wood.
I used MS Paint to draw out some different shapes of the blade, and decided on the hooked rear blade (The forward blade, I just based it off samurai swords.)
Using a protractor to make the curves, I just used the saw cuter to cut close to the lines drawn on the wood, and then I switched to the sanding attachment to make the smooth curves.
Making the blades were long, but kinda relaxing. I've picked up a 4'X1/4"x1.5" piece of wood, and for my next long project, I'm just gonna sand a long samurai sword blade out of it. Why? 'cuz it's a hell of a lot cheaper then doing a complete overhaul mod, just $1.88 to keep me busy for weeks, what a great deal, don't you think? :)

Legendary.

Haha, thanks dude, that was kinda what I was aiming towards.

Edited by b00m13, 11 July 2007 - 12:44 AM.

#10 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

Hot damn, that's beautiful. I want one... doesn't hurt that I'm a semi-rabid Halo fan, myself... I dearly hope I can find the time and money to make one.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#11 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:02 PM

Hot damn, that's beautiful. I want one... doesn't hurt that I'm a semi-rabid Halo fan, myself... I dearly hope I can find the time and money to make one.

Well if you already have the tools at hand:

Rotary Tool / Dremel
Hack Saw
Exacto-knife
Tube Cutter
Hot Glue Gun

then the supplies you'll need wont be too expensive, I've estimated about only 37 bucks of materials if you decide to use another pump (Hornet pump is pretty good if you remove the handle grip), if you want the Nike pump like mine, that's only an additional 11 bucks.

$12 for paint (Cheap stuff works fine, it takes a bit longer to dry, but it's so cheap!!)
$4 for a 4-pack of krazy glue
$3 Epoxy
$2 Wood Glue
$10 for different sizes of wood
$1.5 for some vinyl tubing
$1.5 1/2" PVC
$2.5 1" PVC
$.5 PVC Adapter and Coupler

If you have a workshop, or access to table saws, etc. (The good stuff) then you can cut hours off. I did everything with hand tools so it took about 90 hours.

#12 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

Well if you already have the tools at hand:

I did everything with hand tools so it took about 90 hours.

Is that a typo? 90 hours?! Wow, I've never spent more than 1 hour on a mod.

This thing is amazing, but 90 hours?!

You must mean 9 right?

Edited by nerfer34, 11 July 2007 - 10:56 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#13 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:51 AM

You're, uh, forgetting the ~$30 for a Titan, too. ;) .

Thank you for the list + prices, though, it was immensely helpful and reassuring.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#14 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:09 AM

No prob. Gengar.
And it's not a typo nerfer, Ninety (90) hours. (Includes trip to the supply store, planning on how it'll work/look, sanding/carving the wooden pieces, etc.)

#15 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:22 AM

So, you singled a titan and put a fake blade on it? Mmmkay. It looks nice. Try clipping it.

#16 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:35 AM

So, you singled a titan and put a fake blade on it? Mmmkay. It looks nice. Try clipping it.

I thought the Titan was a single shot weapon to begin with (Cheap manufacturers only gave a single giant rocket per box). I kinda did a 'lil more then put a faux blade on a toy gun. Perhaps you or someone else can clip it (Shouldn't be that hard with all the clipping mods out there), but I'm not going to because the whole point of the mod was to have a gun that resembles the Brute Shot (cosmetically). It's basically a cosplay gun (mainly for display purposes), that can actually fire (Unlike most cosplay guns). I explained that in the original guide but then my windows closed and hours of writing were lost, so I guess I forgot to mention it in the rewrite (My bad).
And thanks, my uncle thought it looked nice too, until I let him shoot the Noodle box, then it was just "cool".

#17 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

Me likey.

It's very close to the brute shot and that's why I like it!
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#18 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:43 PM

Awesome. I wish I was as creative as you are with this hobby.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#19 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Shweet gun you got there. I'm not a Halo person, but it looks very nice, even without any Halo knowlege.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#20 HoBoFiL

HoBoFiL

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

SUPER LATE EDIT!!

Just a walkthrough... no actual preformance.

Hello and welcome fellow HALO fans (<-Great people)!!

I'm currently 98% complete with my latest mod, and I was going to reveal it only when it's 100% completed, but since my fundings ran dry, I guess revealing it now other then in a month is better (for all of us, I hate holding secrets).

(FYI The last 2% is an easy fix, just need x4 right angle copper tubing joints, x2 5-6" copper tubes, and x2 3" copper tubes, when you put them together, you get this frontal handle)

Posted Image

As some of you have already guessed, this mod is for a Brute Shot.

Timmy : What's a Brute Shot?

Congratulations on alienating yourself from every boy/girl/teen/adult with an XBOX Timmy.

For those of you who don't already know, a Brute Shot is a grenade launcher/powerful melee weapon favored by the Jiralhanae, AKA Brutes. It can fire angled shots at targets hundreds of feet away (Just like a powerful modded Nerf gun). A large blade is attached to the bottom/rear of the gun to provide powerful slice-n-dice action for when targets get too close to use the grenade launcher.

The idea first came to me the day after my friend came over to pick up his integrated Long Shot.
It was a sad day, I kept reminiscing about how much time I've put into his LS, and now it's gone.
I looked around my room to find something to keep me busy, but all the guns were already modded (Basic mods, AR removals, barrel replacements, Over Pressurized Release Valves plugged).

Then it caught my eyes, my big ass Titan, standing erect above the weaker guns.
The only gun I have that can pierce a couple of layers of cardboards (Even the LS couldn't pierce cardboard, best it did was dent it.)
I remembered it took an entire week of planning, gathering materials, and hard work to mod the LS, but it only took 2 hours to mod the Titan.
It wasn't fair, it felt too short.

I picked up the Titan and to cheer myself up, I put some entrance and exit wounds in some cardboard boxes.
Then I saw the reflection of the Titan on the mirror, and my mind started to wander a bit. Eventually I realized, "Hey, it kinda looks like a Grenade Launcher from Halo".
So I flipped through the pages of my HALO 2 booklet, and I could see the resemblance (with a 'lil help from my imagination).
I also noticed that the Human's Rocket Launcher looks like it can be an easy Homemade AP gun; the Nerf Hornet could be a Plasma Rifle or with a barrel; a Carbine, and the Titan can also be a Fuel Rod Gun - with some imagination of course.)
I decided to give it a shot, and started the same way I always do, I drew out a quick concept sketch of it on MS Paint.
It looked do-able.

Posted Image

For the Pump, I needed a small compact pump that would fit through the sight glass frame on the Titan.
I checked ebay for some pumps, and after half an hour, I ran into a Nike Dual Action Compact Pump, I couldn't see the finer details of it, but it looked alright, everything except for the price... so I went to Modell's the next morning.
Just my luck, the very last Nike Dual Action Compact Pump they had in stock, (was it fate? you'll find out later.)
When I unwrapped it, I noticed many things different with the pump:

It pumps air whether you're pushing on it or pulling.
The Handle is where the plunger is in.
The head is where the hose comes out (Normally it comes the other end)
The head was so small, with 2 quick cuts on both sies, it fitted the sight glass frame of the Titan PERFECTLY (It was almost like it was made to fit in it... scary).
And the last feature, was that it had 2 fin shaped things sticking out of the handle (It is suppose to be where you'd put the pump needle when it's not in use), well those "fins" gripped onto the forward blade perfectly, using the sword as a straight guide)... this pump was too good to be true, it was just unbelievable.

After 2 days of making the beta parts, I've finished the basic parts and put the gun together.
The front sword was 14"x1/4"x1", holes were drilled to allow the screws to fit through it.
The Power Gauge was removed and it's tube was sealed with hot glue.
I Attached the pump directly into the stock tube, and it looked like this:

Posted Image

Testing it as is, the results were pathetic. Since I've never worked on an Air Powered gun other then plugging it's OPRV and AR removal, I had no idea what was wrong at first.
After a few hours of figuring out how everything worked exactly, I figured out what materials were going to be needed, and how to fix it.
The next day back to Home Depot I went.
Something caught my eyes, while I was browsing their FBR section, I noticed a package of 10' 1/4" vinyl tubing right on top of the 1/2" FBR's (Heh, perhaps another modder lived near Flushing Queens, I've never met another modder before ^^)
Anyways, I picked up the 1/4" vinyl tube, some 1/2" & 1" PVC, a 1/2" PVC adapter and coupler (Gotta love the cheap stuff), a bunch of wood, some spray paint (Apparently you need to be 21 or older to buy those, it was my first time so I didn't know a thing), more epoxy, wood glue, a bunch of krazy glue, etc.

The new changes were:
I made another frontal sword to replace the last, this one was LONG, it went half way into the Titan and about 14" out of it.
Because it went in deeper, more holes were drilled, while made it MUCH more stable.

I replaced the 2 separate air tubes with the new 1/4" vinyl tube (Much more easier to pump now).

I plugged all 12 of the OPRV in the pump (located at the top and bottom of the plunger).

I reassembled it together, and fired a test shot, with a stock dart stuffed in the pvc adapter, which was attached to the head of the nozzle. Success, it worked.

Now I went back into the 1st diagram I drew.
Since the stock pump was removed, there's now a huge void in it's absence. I could have done 3 things:
1, Simply cut that whole back chamber off, similar to some of the Titan hand gun mods.
2, Reinstall the stock pump and connect the 2 tubes to create a dual pump-able titan (Which was very tempting at the time)
or
3, Cut off the stand from the stock pump and keep the chamber which housed the stock pump. Cut a hold on the bottom side (Or top side since the Brute Shot is upside-down), like a giant breech, and use it as an Ammo Storage Chamber.

I picked the latter.

Posted Image

In the pictures above, the Blue and Red represent the positive and negative sides of magnets.
In a previous attempt to make a free energy motor, I've stocked up on a bunch of these small magnets that each have about Six pounds of pulling force. I've decided to use them as a way of holding the rear blade in place and by doing so, the rear blade will lock the chamber closed, unless I apply some strength to open it.
As a precaution, I used 2 magnets on the Ammo chamber and 2 on the Blade, (12 pounds of pulling force).
The ring-like object in the pic is a Magnet attached to a ring.
It's so you'll be able to open the chamber after it's been unlocked, sure you can just screw in a drawer knob but this way looks cooler (Just imagine placing your hand 2 inches from the back of the chamber and watch as it slams open, right into your hand... like magic).
FYI, if anyone was curious, the free energy motor failed, damn Mythbusters..... I'll prove you wrong someday...

The pics below are the PVC parts I used to replace the stock barrel.
The orange part of the stock barrel is fine, but I hate that damn coupler inside it, it prevents so many things so I just sanded off the top half of the nozzle from the gun bladder until it fitted the PVC Adapter and epoxied it together.
I slammed the 1/2" PVC coupler into the 1" PVC tube and it was stuck (No gluing required, I've tried prying it apart, and well... my hand has been red and sore ever since so it's pretty solid).
The gray colored tube in the pic below was something I didn't expect to find.
It had the exact dimensions of the orange stock barrel (1 1/2" OD, and the ID was only slightly larger then the 1" PVC tube)
I'm mentioning this because I remember reading back, that FA_24 wanted to buy a stock Titan barrel for $2, well this barrel is 6" long and cost about a dollar and some change, I also bough a 16" one for only 2 dollars and some change, it was in the PVC/Plumbing section in Home Depot. (Worried about the nozzle and coupler? Don't, they were less then a quarter each in the pvc adapter and coupler binges.

Posted Image

Ah, in case anyone is still confused about the whole AMMO Chamber locking with the Rear blade, here's some pics of it in action.
As you can see, the bladed will not wobble, release, etc. itself from the Ammy Chamber, and only after applying my own strength to it, did it open. Then I just placed my hand 2 inches from the chamber and it magnetically pulled itself out, and inside you can store stefans fro,micros to mongo's.
If you're curious as to how to make the upper frame of the rear blade match the stock titan's rear, it's really simple.
Just place 1 half of the stock Titan on a flat piece of paper, or on the wood itself, and just trace it, it's that simple.

Posted Image

Here's some more pics of the Brute Shot from different angles.

Posted Image

As for the range.. I don't have a measure device, so to test the power of the Brute SHot, I just shoot holes in cardboard boxes.
Below, are some images of the entrance and exit wounds of a box of Doll Noodles (That's what we call it in Chinese, "Gong Jai Mien"; you might know it as instant noodles or Ramen to you Naruto fans).
Don't worry, no packages of Ramen were injured during the firing of the Brute Shot.
The Stefans I used were your basic 1/2" with no weights, (BB's are illegal in NY and fishing weights... well fishing stores aren't that common around here, not to mention we don't have a lot of Wal-Mart... we have Walgreens, Walbaums, but I've never even been in/seen a Walmart.)

Posted Image

I wanted to test out shooting Mongo's but neither the Home Depot or Ace's hardware sells 1" FBR, and spending 15 bucks online for something that cost around 7 bucks for in a store... well that's a "No-Go" for me.
But if anyone wants to donate a single Mongo, I'd be more then happy to test it, and in return you'll receive a bunch of E-thanks. :)

:P :w00t: :D :( im sad i wish i had that gun make the gun with the hornet please please please please please please please please

#21 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

Um, you nerco'd a year old topic... why?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#22 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:40 PM

Hey there Boom13, just to point out, and if memeory serves, the brute shot was about six rounds haning down from the bottom by what looked like a belt. Personally I think your cosplay gun should be left as it is, you try adding the six rounds by belt then you'll lose alot of air with a wide gap where the rounds enter and no way of closing the breech with the six rounds still hanging. However, might I suggest trying making the covenant carbine instead? I bet you could pull it off with the right PVC...
Toilet paper is for your ass, not your nerf gun.
Try craft foam if you want to add cushioning to the handle.

#23 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

No more of this please. This mod's been posted, the topic has been dead for over a year, the person who did it left nerf after a prolonged illness.

There's no reason to keep posting in this thread.

If you have suggestions for this mod, try it yourself and post a "new and improved" write-up.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#24 Forgottenboomer

Forgottenboomer

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:34 AM

Wow. Very nice write up. im going to do my best at recreating this. But 90 hours? That's a typo right?

#25 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:40 AM

Wow. Very nice write up. im going to do my best at recreating this. But 90 hours? That's a typo right?

Way to go, numb-nuts, you necro'd a dead thread. Read the Code of Conduct before you post, and check the motherfucking date of the last post!
Gimme back my bullets....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users