34 replies to this topic

#1 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

Officially, the war is still on Aug 25th (That's this SATURDAY!). Rain should not be a problem that day, but Weather.com says "hot as balls."

Middletown, NJ
(In the parking lot, look for my doo-doo colored Xterra)

For Maps/GPS:
63 Tindall Rd, Middletown, NJ 07748

Time:
10AM - Whenever

Directions to the Park:
DIRECTIONS TO TINDALL PARK, MIDDLETOWN, NJ

From North:

Take Garden State Parkway to Exit 117 (Routes 35 and 36, Keyport/Hazlet). Pay toll and follow signs for Route 35 South. Take Route 35 South for approximately 5 miles (when the highway splits and you start to see a Mobil Gas Station, a Dunkin’ Donuts, and a garden supplies store on your left instead of northbound traffic, you are close). Take the jughandle for Twinbrooks Ave., your first after the highway split, and proceed onto Highway 35 North.
Stay in your right lane on Rt. 35 North and take the next jughandle, for Tindall Rd. (Middletown/New Monmouth). Veer to your right after the jughandle (if you crossed Rt. 35, you’re going the wrong way) and continue down Tindall Road. Tindall Park will be to your left, directly across from Middletown High School North. The driveway is in a U-shape, and we will be meeting by the mini-golf/playground in the center of the U.

From South:

Take Garden State Parkway to Exit 109 (County Route 520, Red Bank/Lincroft). After existing, go straight through the traffic light (Route 520) onto Half Mile Road. Proceed down Half Mile Road and make a right at the end of the road, West Front Street. Proceed down West Front Street, making a left at your next traffic light (Hubbard Ave.) You will see a school on your right, and you will make a right at the next traffic light (Navesink River Road). Follow Navesink River Road to your next traffic light, where you will make a left onto Rt. 35 Northbound.
Follow Rt. 35 for about three or four miles. When the highway expands from two to three lanes (a Wachovia bank and Spirits Unlimited liquor store will be on your right, along with a large scary clown), shift into your right lane and take the jughandle for Tindall Road (Middletown/New Monmouth). Veer to your right (if you crossed Rt. 35, you’re going the wrong way) and continue down Tindall Road. Tindall Park will be to your left, directly across from Middletown High School North. The driveway is in a U-shape, and we will be meeting by the mini-golf playground in the center of the U.

Food/Attractions/etc:

Food: For McDonalds/Pizza Hut: Make right out of Tindall Park and follow to Rt. 35. Make a right onto Rt. 35 and McDonalds and Pizza Hut will be right next to each other, less than a half a mile on your right.
For Burger King: Make right out of Tindall Park and follow to Rt. 35. Make a left onto Rt. 35 and Burger King will be less than one-tenth of a mile on your right.
For Valentino’s/Middletown Pizza: Make left out of Tindall Park and make a right at your next traffic light (Leonardville Road). Middletown Pizza will be one-quarter of a mile to your right and Valentino’s is just a bit further on your left. (Valentino’s is better, trust me).

Parents:

Parents driving players might be interesting in walking through Red Bank’s shopping district. Follow directions above for Burger King to Rt. 35 North, but stay on the highway for about three miles. You will cross a bridge into Red Bank. Proceed straight onto Bridge Ave. after first traffic light. Make a left at your next traffic light onto West Front Street. On Broad St. and Monmouth Ave. in Red Bank, there are many stores, restaurants, and other places to browse.

Directions to Sandy Hook (Gateway National Park): Sandy Hook is a 10 mile nationally protected stretch of beaches that is about half an hour away from Tindall Park (assuming moderate weekend beach traffic). Make a left out of Tindall Park onto Tindall Road. At the next traffic light, make a right onto Leonardville Road and follow it about 7-8 miles to its end (Highway 36 East). Yield onto Highway 36 East and follow it for another 7-8 miles. When you get to the drawbridge, get into your right lane; the exit for Sandy Hook is just after the bridge. Be prepared to pay $10 for your vehicle to enter if it is during the day and try to avoid Gunnison Beach unless you are interested in seeing the human body in all of its natural beauty.

What to bring:
Water
Guns/ammo
Money (for buying from me as well as lunch if you are not bagging it)
Anything else you think you will need (we will not be as mobile as APOC was)

Head Count:
OMC
Dark Shrimp +?
Badger +1?
Skitzo +2
z80's crew = ?
Fireshot
keef +2-3

Total = 10+ so far (still a good size for the park)
I hate you.

#2 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

I will probably be there depending if I can get off work and such, and I should have a ride if nothing comes up.
I'll bring my brother and some friends, exact number as they get back to me.

Skitzo-

Edited by Skitzo, 09 July 2007 - 10:10 AM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#3 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

Damn, I guess you won't be making ECNO then...I guess that works for me though.

#4 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

As far as I know, I will definitely be there. Maryann might be there if she gets the job at J&J and leaves Wally World.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#5 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:44 PM

We should be able to get a few of ours as well, definite head count to follow soon. This post will be edited as we get a definite head count.
HERP DERP.

#6 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:08 PM

If, my parents aren't being bitches, and leftnut can give me a ride. I should be there. Hopefully.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#7 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

I will be there. I've never been to Tindall, and good things have been said.

Also I should probably be there since somehow I am part of One man clan even though there is only one man in that clan. And that one man in the clan is one man clan not me. Also I'm in TSHMATTMSDSLFC and not One man clan becuase there really isn't enough room in one man clan since it is only one man.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#8 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

I would love to go back to Tyndall, but that's the day I'm heading back up to school.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#9 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

I'll be in Virginia by then. That means Apoc will be my last NJ war for a while.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#10 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

That's gonna be cutting it close for me, as I might already be back at school, and if I'm not I might be getting ready to go back. I'll let you know when I know.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#11 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:38 PM

I should be there.

Will you allow a modded titan using arrows for ammo?

#12 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:57 PM

I'm free, It all depends on my parents. Add me.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#13 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

I REALLY hate to bump this topic, but what is the exact address of the park, or at least what county is it in?

There's a slight chance I'll be able to make it.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#14 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

I was temped to bump it this morning. We should be bringing people to this, but we are still in the planning stages. I also would like to know the coordinates of the park.
HERP DERP.

#15 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

Ok, I'm going and bringing 2-3.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#16 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

As of now I am going to this war.
Somehow, against all odds not wroth explaining, the Nerf gods have smiled upon me and made it possible that I got off of work that day.
Titan kid is coming and maybe a couple others but I doubt it.
Ill updated this post if more are coming.

====Head Count +2====

Edited by Skitzo, 19 August 2007 - 08:02 PM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#17 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

Currently we are trying to get people together but if we do go don't expect us to have as many as we normally would.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#18 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

I still MAY be able to come, but I'm waiting for an address of the park.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#19 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:15 PM

This should help:
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=3940

#20 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:52 PM

To give you an update. Maryann and myself will definitely be there. I'm not sure if Maryann is playing, but she will be there for photos for sure.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#21 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

First Post Updated!
I hate you.

#22 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

Sorry, I can't come. My dad wants to spend the day working on building a shed outside. Have fun though!

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#23 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

I'm bringing 2 people.
Any gun restrictions?
Just to clarify, I'm using a Singled AT2K, a NF, and maybe a BBB.
The 2 others I'm bring will use both NF's, a singled Mav, a Quadded 2k, and all of us with have SSPB's with us.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#24 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

No restrictions, but we'll see come the day of the war. Also, keef remind me to give you the turret I owe you.
I hate you.

#25 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

I will.
And Is it modded? I totally forgot :P
Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users