Photo

M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

not done but the start of the project

35 replies to this topic

#1 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

Now before I start this site has a picture of the gun that is the inspiration for this upcoming gun.
http://www.berettawe...ta_PM12_Ins.htm
On this site is where I will aquire most of my information.
It is the Beretta Model 12 S, cal.9 mm. Parabellum Sub-machine Gun. Now on to the specifics it will be spring powered and be bolt action with a working clip and breech. I will most likely try to keep with my idea that simple is better. I plan on using a clothes pin trigger and the breech will be made using brass and most likely be the one that ompa used in his version of the SCAR-N. Now changes to the inspiration gun, first off it won’t have the safety trigger on the grip. It also may have a stock I am not sure at the moment we will see if I come up with anything. Other than that I may change the bolt on the other side but that is unlikely. Also the dimensions on the gun may not be identical to the real gun. The reason why I chose this is because it seemed almost perfect for nerf for several reasons. On is it has a large area that can accommodate a clothespin trigger. Second it kind of does look like a nerf gun I mean the barrel sticks out a good inch or two and the main section is circular in nature so PVC will work quite well. Now these are the parts I currently done
-the front end cap
Posted Image
-plunger head and part of catch
Posted Image (yes I know that it is not done but all I need is another neoprene washer which I will shortly get)
-back endcap
Posted Image
-magazine
Posted Image
So this project is likely to take a while but I will continue to update it over a while.This is the first time I am trying this method of posting the gun like this but it may end up being better then the other way I did it before.
Tell me what you think thoughts ideas questions
-DTR

Edited by DTReaper, 08 July 2007 - 10:57 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#2 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

Looks nice so far. Will it be fed into the barrel or will there actualy be a bolt with a magazine above/below it.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#3 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:24 AM

Looks nice so far. Will it be fed into the barrel or will there actualy be a bolt with a magazine above/below it.

Yes it is going to be fed into the barrel. The bolt action will both prime the gun and load in a new round. And the magazine as in the inspiration gun will be on the bottom.

-DTR

Edited by DTReaper, 09 July 2007 - 08:25 AM.

#4 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

Oh dear god... This is going to be awesome! Seriously, the rifle looks sick man. Good work, if you get it to look like the real thing though, paint it colours because cops shoot first and ask questions later with that type of thing. Will you get to selling these if you get one done and get the hang of it all?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#5 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:27 AM

It looks good so far. You are right about it looking kind of like a nerf gun with the barrel. If you can get this to work it would be awesome. Good luck!
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#6 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

Oh dear god... This is going to be awesome! Seriously, the rifle looks sick man. Good work, if you get it to look like the real thing though, paint it colours because cops shoot first and ask questions later with that type of thing. Will you get to selling these if you get one done and get the hang of it all?

Possibly I may sell my whole line of guns depending on the amount of materials I can get and the interest in these guns. However this project is getting held up till I can locate some 17/32 brass tube because the closest hobbyshop to me doesn't have it. However I will continue my search and if all else fails I'll order it online.

-DTR

#7 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

I sense an awesome homemade coming up. Magazine looks a bit big for a PM12, but it could just be the picture, and also nerf darts don't come in 9x19mm NATO, so it's pretty much impossible to replicate the width of a PM12 magazine. Like you said though, it wouldn't be the same dimensions as the real PM12. I like the configuration of the PM12 because it allows a reasonable barrel length in a small package, so there's an advantage in the design. I'm a big Beretta fan.

Edited by bored_kid93, 09 July 2007 - 01:11 PM.

I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#8 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:55 PM

Update
Ok so I didn’t get much done today. All I did was make the clip holder for the gun. Here are the parts for it minus the ½ inch coupler. (1 and ¼ inch PVC coupler and 1 and ¼ T with one side being ½ inch)
Posted Image
Here is a side view of it
Posted Image
Here is the front view
Posted Image
Here is the diagonal view
Posted Image
And here is the magazine in it
Posted Image
However there are still a few things I need to do for this part including a magazine latch. I don’t think it will be too hard. I will probably use some sort of clothes pin with a nail in it and a metal sheet. This may take me a while as I am getting a job and I also have rifle team practices to go to. So updates may take a while but I will attempt to keep the project going.

Questions, comments, thoughts

-DTR

#9 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

Wow. Nice, clean, awesome. Keep it up.
Nuckin' Futz

#10 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

Yeah I didn't update yesterday mainly due to too much stuff (work and rifle team practice). But I got parts yeasterday and now I have gotten around to update. So I got around to finishing most of the internal parts except for the barrel which I need a piece of braas which should be arriving at my local hobby shop thrusday or friday. So here are some pictures of the progress.
Posted Image
Here is the back part of the bolt
Posted Image
And here is the soon to be completed bolt part.
Posted Image
here are the internals lined up completed for the most part.
I'll try to get more updates but I have been working alot lately and I still need to get that piece of brass. Also if you cant read the measuring tape the gun is going to be about 22.5 inches long with out the stock (if i decide to add one) which is about 8 iches longer than the real gun. So it really isn't to far off considering the size of some of my previous homemades which push about 3 feet.
So any questions, comments suggestions
-DTR

Edited by DTReaper, 11 July 2007 - 09:57 PM.

#11 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

Lookin' great!

Are you going to keep the balsa or will you eventually move to plastic sheeting (Lexan)?
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#12 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Good job on keeping the roundness of the PM12. Most of the PM12's receiver is tube shaped. A cocking handle on the left side like the real PM12 would be a nice feature, with the ability to lock the bolt back so you can insert the magazine and release the bolt to chamber a round.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.

#13 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

Good job on keeping the roundness of the PM12. Most of the PM12's receiver is tube shaped. A cocking handle on the left side like the real PM12 would be a nice feature, with the ability to lock the bolt back so you can insert the magazine and release the bolt to chamber a round.

Well the bolt will be able to remain back because it will not be pushed forward by any means except for manual power. This is one of the unfortunate things about it is that I have to physically push it forward after priming it. So that is one downside to it but unless I decide to change the looks to accomadate a return spring. But that is unlikely to happen. And the balsa is planning on staying it works well enough and is really cheap and requires almost no cutting.

#14 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

That shouldn't be a downside, we have to remeber that the NTS, you had to push forward.
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#15 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:58 PM

Ok so not to much to update on I didn't get too much done today but I'll show you what I did accomplish. Here is the finished bolt part all that needs to be done to it drill a hole and add in the bolt so I can pull on it that will come later though. AllI need to do is just glue it togther and it will be done.
Posted Image
Here are all the parts lined up next to the casing that is now cut.
Posted Image
I still need to make the cuts and such in the casing for the specific parts like the bolt and the hole for the rounds to go through. Also I still need to attach the trigger system and the clip holder. I will also need to attach the parts for the grip and such. Then finish over all the remaining touchy parts including the clip lock and the detachable stock if I decide to add that. Lastly I will need to attach the remaining little insignificat things like sights and stuff like that.

Suggestions comments questions

-DTR

#16 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

Its looking good, I started making a bolt action homemade but I got stuck on the bolt seal. Hope you get around that.

#17 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

Its looking good, I started making a bolt action homemade but I got stuck on the bolt seal. Hope you get around that.

Yes I did in fact overcome this problem with a brass breech which effectively keeps all the air in and second I have the o-ring around the back end of the bolt casing to keep the air in that.
So now for the updates I have recently finished most of the casing.
Posted Image
I cut out the holes for the magazine in the casing and also the bolt part. I also fitted the magazine hold and began work on the magazine catch. Also I have almost finished the trigger part of it it simply needs to be glued. Now all that needs to be done is finishing those two parts and the getting the lower reciever finished along with the two handles. Hoever on to the bad news it seems that my local hobby shop fucked up and the warehouse he contacted didn't have any brass so he is talking to another to get some so that will be pushed back till probably about tuesday or wednesday at soonest.
So questions comments suggestions

-DTR

#18 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

Yeah double post for an update (not that I'm happy about it).
Ok I got the mag lock finished and in place. I also glued the trigger into place and got it tested to see if it worked. I also made and attached the front handle.
Posted Image
Lastly I made part of the lower reciever but have yet to attach it to the frame or attach the hand grip.
Posted Image
So on to what I need to do is make the stock and figure out how to attch it. Then I need to finish the lower reciever for it and attach it to the gun. Then I need to make the sights and get the barrel and finish it.

-DTR

#19 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

As you can probaly tell this gun has interested me. For many of my guns and homemades I end up glueing 1/2in coupler to the end of my gun and then have a pvc stock mad on it. And if theres anyway could you get more pictures of the bolt and how you designed it because i've fiddled with a bolt like this and could never get a seal on it.

Edit: I have parts set aside for this gun weather it works or not cause I could always put in a Sm4k in it instead of a spring.

Edited by The_Crackerjack_Man, 14 July 2007 - 10:18 PM.

#20 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:08 PM

Well the bolt will be able to remain back because it will not be pushed forward by any means except for manual power. This is one of the unfortunate things about it is that I have to physically push it forward after priming it. So that is one downside to it but unless I decide to change the looks to accomadate a return spring. But that is unlikely to happen. And the balsa is planning on staying it works well enough and is really cheap and requires almost no cutting.

Well it would be more cosmetic for a return sping in the bolt. Either way it still works out fine. I can't wait till this is finished.

#21 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

This is my second to last update for the gun. The suggestion for the stock with the coupler was actually what I had in mind of doing but wasn't sure if I was going to do it that way. So here is the gun finished except for it lacking a barrel and if I decide to a paintjob.
Posted Image
And here it is again with the stock and magazine attached
Posted Image
Ok if anyone wants me to put up more specific pictures of a certain area of the gun just ask for it and I'll try to get it up if I can.
Also the next update isn't likely to happen until at least wednesday or later because as I said before thats when the brass should be coming in. However I figured out a problem I will incounter and am currently looking for a solution to it and while I have some ideas I would like your input. The problem is that because the clip top lacks rounded edges the darts won't stay in the clip and will just fall out. So if anyone has any ideas feel free to post them.
So any questions, comments, or suggestions

-DTR

#22 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:07 PM

nice, but my only problem is that the stock isn't looking stable. is it? because it would suck for it to break off from aiming.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#23 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

I have some ideas:

1) Try to put some 1in foam rod on the stock for comfort
2) And for your slip, try putting a string that is threaded from the spacer that the darts rest out to the bottom of the clip. Then you can hold the string so the darts dont go everywere.

Also like I said before I would like some pictures of the bolt.

Edited by The_Crackerjack_Man, 15 July 2007 - 05:35 PM.

#24 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

Is this gun really mass produceable? Meaning, is it not too hard to construct? If so, I would be interested in building one, because it is really starting to look nice. The only issue I have with mags is the fact that it is hard to carry extra ones because the darts just fall out since nothing is keeping them in.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#25 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

Is this gun really mass produceable? Meaning, is it not too hard to construct? If so, I would be interested in building one, because it is really starting to look nice. The only issue I have with mags is the fact that it is hard to carry extra ones because the darts just fall out since nothing is keeping them in.

Yeah that is the problem I am having and asked for help with. I was thinking that a paper clip in the top of it would work or crackerjack man had a good idea with the string down the middle. But once I have that done it should be really easy. And yes it is rather easy to make I mean most of the parts can be made in less than 5 minutes but some take up to about probably 30 minutes. I just take a bit longer because I like to measure three times and cut once. But some of the things on this gun are extra like the second piece of PVC below the first and also the trigger guard and the sights. All these are unnessasary and probably added about an hour and a half to the construction of it. But yes I would say it is mass producable for two reasons because all the parts are easily avalible and because all the parts are easy to replicate and create.

-DTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users