Let Me Introduce You To "steve"

My big little friend.

30 replies to this topic

#1 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:47 PM

Well after seeing CaptianSlugs “Bob” series I had an idea. I had a broken RF20 laying around. I never could get it to work. So when I finally bought my new Titan and popped it open I had an idea. Merging the two into the scariest thing I could think of. It still has a little work left (you’ll see) but I think so far its coming nicely. I named it “Steve” because it is the opposite of “bob” and just because I like to do that sort of odd thing. I just spliced the tubing from the Titan and the RF20 together to make the two guns run off the Titan’s air tank. Right now the RF20 needs some tweaking its leaking air around the turret, but I am just going to PETG or CPVC it so that will be fixed. The Titan still fires even after the RF20 has used its air up, but it takes a significant drop in distance. Due to the fact that the RF20 has a high firing pressure, and the Titan does not have as high of a pressure. I still need to plug the pump because it doesn’t provide enough pressure stock to fire off the whole RF20 only about 5-8 darts. I also retained the clip on the side of the Titan to mount more guns. :(

As to ranges I will try to get those up once I get the whole thing done.

Here is a loose write upish tour.

Here is what I did to the RF20 Case so I could get it to fit on the Titan body.
Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------

Here is the empty two bodies.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The RF20 spliced in.
Posted Image

Sort of finished RF20 trigger system
Posted Image

What the whole thing looks like so far.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well what do you think?
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#2 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:57 PM

Hey, thats pretty cool! Like really cool! You should try to put a compressed air tank on it like CaptainSlug did. What are the ranges of the titan after the RF20 shoots?
Deal wit it.

#3 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:03 AM

You should've kept the RF20 air bladder in there - then you could recharge the Titan tank too!

In series, it would be Bladder > Titan Valve > RF20 Valve.
But this is cool too.
Nice and clean work, good job.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:04 AM

Thats great!
Right now, I'm deciding whether to make Steve or Bob...
Does the silencer work, or is it just for show?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

You should've kept the RF20 air bladder in there - then you could recharge the Titan tank too!

In series, it would be Bladder > Titan Valve > RF20 Valve.
But this is cool too.
Nice and clean work, good job.

-Tidge.

I would have except the bladder was the part that was broken on the RF20. It was leaking all over the place.

Thats great!
Right now, I'm deciding whether to make Steve or Bob...
Does the silencer work, or is it just for show?

No the silencer doesn't work, its for show. That barrel is going to be replaced soon any way.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:25 AM

It looks nice and is indeed a Steve, but the one question I have is: Is that hot glue? If so, do you really think hot glue will hold it well? ...I might suggest figuring in some angle irons. Plus then it's removable so can adjust them separately, easier.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#7 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

It looks nice and is indeed a Steve, but the one question I have is: Is that hot glue? If so, do you really think hot glue will hold it well? ...I might suggest figuring in some angle irons. Plus then it's removable so can adjust them separately, easier.

I have added some more reinforcments screws and some braceing. I did that after I got the empty shells together and thought it would come apart to easly.

#8 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:48 PM

Very nice and clean.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:03 PM

I mean, it looks very cool, and I'm sure you get wonderful range, but what the hell are you gonna do with a 24 inch barrel in an actual nerf war? It's just not practical.

I know that's not an issue for a lot of the people who post here, but if I can't use it in a war I generally have no interest in it. Maybe that's just me.

VACC

#10 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

That's nice, but doesn't it feel awkward to carry it because of all the weight from the RF 20 making the gun lean to one side?
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

That, my friend, is truly awesome. I would hate to be looking down the barrel of that beast.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#12 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

I mean, it looks very cool, and I'm sure you get wonderful range, but what the hell are you gonna do with a 24 inch barrel in an actual nerf war? It's just not practical.

I know that's not an issue for a lot of the people who post here, but if I can't use it in a war I generally have no interest in it. Maybe that's just me.

VACC

Its not even a 15 inch barrel and that is just the holder for now. I am going to work on that pice tomorrow. Ad to be honest I don't care how long it is I just want it to shoot relitively far in the direction I point it. I can deal with long barrels in a war if I need to.

That's nice, but doesn't it feel awkward to carry it because of all the weight from the RF 20 making the gun lean to one side?

Its not actualy that bad to hold. Its a bit side heavy. But I plan on adding some sort of weight on the other side to offset it.

#13 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

You could add another RF20 to the other side.

Then it'd kick ass more than it does now.

Great work.
Nuckin' Futz

#14 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

A breach on the barrel would be a very nice addition.

You could use 1/2" CPVC as a barrel and a 1/2" copper repair pipe for the breach cover.

Edited by frost vectron, 08 July 2007 - 05:38 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#15 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

Wow, Bob and Steve make me want to do something to my rf20. This is really cool, I find it strange that it can shoot the titan after it's shot a 20 round burst out of the rf20. What ranges will the titan get after the rf20 has been fired? Again, awesome job.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#16 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

A breach on the barrel would be a very nice addition.

You could use 1/2" CPVC as a barrel and a 1/2" copper repair pipe for the breach cover.

I havn't decided if I am going to do that yet or not.

But I am going to do some things you will see what soon enough.

Wow, Bob and Steve make me want to do something to my rf20. This is really cool, I find it strange that it can shoot the titan after it's shot a 20 round burst out of the rf20. What ranges will the titan get after the rf20 has been fired? Again, awesome job.

Right now the rf2o dosn't fire 20 shots, not enough air to. It only shoots about 5-8 darts. The Titan gets about 40 feet after the RF20 shoots off. Its not that far, but it does let you have one more shot to stop people, and suprise them with. :D

#17 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

Right now the rf2o dosn't fire 20 shots, not enough air to. It only shoots about 5-8 darts. The Titan gets about 40 feet after the RF20 shoots off. Its not that far, but it does let you have one more shot to stop people, and suprise them with. :ph34r:

How many times did you pump steve? Also have you plugged the air pressure release valve?

#18 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:18 PM

How many times did you pump steve? Also have you plugged the air pressure release valve?

The stock number of pumps. I am going to plug it up the next time I open it up. That is if I don't just replace the whole pump.

#19 Coodude26

Coodude26

• Banned
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

Dude, that's crazy. Have you considered replacing the bladder with a section of wide PVC? It might be harder to pump but it can take much more pressure.

#20 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

Dude, that's crazy. Have you considered replacing the bladder with a section of wide PVC? It might be harder to pump but it can take much more pressure.

if he does that the pressure will vary a lot more between the first and last shots with the rf20. the bladder makes the pressure reasonably constant throughout the firing sequence.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#21 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:44 PM

if he does that the pressure will vary a lot more between the first and last shots with the rf20. the bladder makes the pressure reasonably constant throughout the firing sequence.

Larger tanks may come int the future. But for now I am going to finish up all the barrel work I am doing.

#22 kurtcobain

kurtcobain

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

Dang, you stole my idea... oh well, back to the drawing board.

ps. i like your shoes. chuck taylors rock

Dang, you stole my idea... oh well, back to the drawing board.

ps. i like your shoes. chuck taylors rock
"I can't get my story straight!"

The fonz

#23 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

Very nice! You should really consider giving Steve a nice coat of paint. My idea: Flat black with the name Steve spray painted in gold :lol: .
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#24 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

Why don't you hook the RF20 bladder up to the Hornet output tube and reserve the Titan tank for the Titan? That would let you a) pump them both simultaneously, :angry: fire all 20 darts, c) get decent Titan ranges, and d) empty one tank and have the other ready.

#25 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

Why don't you hook the RF20 bladder up to the Hornet output tube and reserve the Titan tank for the Titan? That would let you a) pump them both simultaneously, :angry: fire all 20 darts, c) get decent Titan ranges, and d) empty one tank and have the other ready.

For the at least second time. Because my RF20 bladder leaks.

-------------

Its going to get a PJ as as soon as I get the barrel work done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users