• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

I'm a noob to this site so i wana ask some questions,
1.After someone's post they usually put something like
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Any quote)
What is that?
2.This may seem a little rediculous, what's a plunger?
3.Which would be better for a weapon, compressed air, or spring?

#2 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

This will answer all of your questions.

Being a recently validated member doesn't excuse missing the advice we give in what is now every other thread. SEARCH.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

This will answer all of your questions.

Being a recently validated member doesn't excuse missing the advice we give in what is now every other thread. SEARCH.

Being a non-recently validated member also doesn't give you the right to take the place of admins and be a bitch to new members.

1. That's a signature. The series of dashes with words under it is what I think you mean. It doesn't serve any real purpose and it just another way to set yourself apart from other members.

2. The plunger is the part of a spring gun that is pulled back, compressing a spring, and when the gun is fired it moves forward and forces air out of the tube in which it's housed to fire darts. Some people also refer to the pump in pump guns as a plunger, and it is in the sense that it pushes air into the tank, but generally people are referring to springers when they talk about plungers.

3. It depends on what you want out of it. Generally springers are faster (rate of fire wise) than pump guns, but pump guns generally outrange springers. If you want a good balance between range and rate of fire I suggest a large springer that has a big plunger and strong spring. It's still faster to cock it once than it is to pump a gun three or four times and can still maintain good ranges if its propulsion system as a whole is big enough. If you want the same balance of range and rate of fire from a pump gun go buy an Airtech 2000 (AT2k or just 2k) from Kohl's and replace the stock barrels of the turret with something else and plug the pump.

Welcome.
SexD Warves

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:17 PM

Being a non-recently validated member also doesn't give you the right to take the place of admins and be a bitch to new members.

I'm not playing admin. It's easily stated in almost every other topic that users should use the search button, but we still get these threads. Uber posted at least two designs for homemade guns and systems, but doesn't know what might be better between air-powered guns and springers, or what a plunger is. Common sense dictates that he should have thought or researched beforehand. Seeing as he didn't, I suggested it to him.

Also, would you like to call FA24 a bitch for doing the same thing I did? Or would you like to continue to bitch at members who have a bit more experience?

P.S.: For number three, it depends on if the weapon is homemade or manufactured, and what you want out of it. Air guns can have either slow or very high rates of fire, while spring guns are usually limited by their tendency to have only one shot per load. Then again, Mavericks, Longshots, and magazine-modified weapons differ entirely. It all comes down to the system on which the gun operates.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 07 July 2007 - 11:23 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:44 PM

If you want the same balance of range and rate of fire from a pump gun go buy an Airtech 2000 (AT2k or just 2k) from Kohl's

Welcome.

I don't think Kohl's has them any more. I'm pretty sure Gengar003 bought the last 2. :(

Edited by foamforce123, 07 July 2007 - 11:49 PM.

Deal wit it.

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

SHA....stop playing admin.

Giving advice is one thing.

Giving the impression of moderating a page with a "citizen's arrest" isn't amusing. Really.

I sure wish you'd spend more time on that shotgun than working on your post count. But don't let me stop you if you need to keep on. I'd post very carefully in cxwq's posts. He's a bit less enduring than I am.

Before the drama on this post escalates to estrogen-flooding proportions, I'm gonna close it.

But not before we take care of business.

For someone who claims to be a 'noob', there were two topics and several posts which were mentally taxing. Good luck at Foam Universe.

XxUberSoccer,

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Your account will not be functional until November 21, 2034 1830 HST (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users