Photo

New To Nerf Mav

13 replies to this topic

#1 ohiost13and0

ohiost13and0

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

Hey im just now getting into nerf guns and i want to do everything and anything i can do to my maverick. i have made the barrel or so that it comes out more for easier loading. And thats all. But i want more power and distance. Would putting in a better spring work or do any good? i was hoping i could get a list of mods and links to were i can learn to do them too. thanks

#2 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

Just go to the modifications directory and scroll down to Nerf guns then scroll down to maverick, theres about five or six mods there, plus two integrations.

Edited by Dr. Moose, 04 July 2007 - 08:17 PM.

QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

The Mav sucks, its good if only a stock war, but otherwise it sucks.
Since your new, try and get a NiteFinder from Walmart, or a Airtech 2000 from Kohls.

The mav is hard to modify because of it's clip (the revolving turret). and the insides of it are kinda big for a gun so theres not much to do...

Try searching "at2k mav" or "mav no limits".
Those 2 will keep you occupied.

-keef

P.S. Welcome to NH!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 ohiost13and0

ohiost13and0

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

why the nite finder (i mean i know im new im really looking for an explanation) because doesnt it shot only 1 dart at a time

#5 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

Well, the Mav may be you poison, but look at this.

Nitefinder
Pros:
Cheaper
Ammo holders
Laser :o
Easier to mod
More mods
Shoots farther
Can double barrel it
Cons:
Less ROF (rate of fire)
You don't have it right now

Maverick[b]
Pros:
Looks cool
Cheap aswell
Removable barrels
Whole "revolver" feel is kickass!
You have it now
More ROF

Cons:
More expensive
Harder to mod
Barely goes far
Pain in the ass to mod (again)
Bulky as HELL

So really, its your choice, but I'd go with the NiteFinder. :D
Timothy M-Lick <3

#6 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

I've successfully modded 4 Nitefinders, and 0 Mavs...although I"ve broken 2 mavs, and 0 NF's. That right there should tell you enough.
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

Definitly, I mean, I've screwed up my NF, but havent returned it yet... But I fucked up my Mav over 5-6 times and returned to walmart.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

Mavericks aren't hard at all...
~AJAQ~

#9 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:12 AM

It really just depends on what you want: ROF or range. The Maverick can get off 6 shots in a relatively short amount of time, but unless they are fairly close to you, your not going to hit them. With the Nite, you get one shot that, with good mods, can reach 60-70 ft, or more.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#10 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:50 AM

All 3 of my Mavs and their clips get in the 40-45 range. And with an ROF like that, its not bad.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#11 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

Search. Many people have various mods, including stocks and heavy mods. There's even a couple of Nitemav's floating around the boards.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#12 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:59 PM

Search. Many people have various mods, including stocks and heavy mods. There's even a couple of Nitemav's floating around the boards.

Carrtoon's Nitemav is amazing, it's on NerfHQ but there is a link to it in the modifications directory. If you choose to stick with just the mav, there are planty of options in the directory.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#13 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

I dont think the mav is that hard to mod I can get about 40ft with tagger darts.

#14 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:25 AM

I actually started modding with my mav. I did the free swinging barrel mod then took out the restrictors, then added an extra spring. (It's from the LS sidearm, so you have to cut down the back of the plunger a little bit. no biggy) Because of it's ROF and looks, I would say that it is a better starter then the nf but once you really get into it, a NF is more beneficial due to all of the stuff you can do to mod it.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users