Titan Mod Idea

I'm not sure if it's a good one or not

20 replies to this topic

#1 Trace II

Trace II

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

My idea is to saw off the pump and replace it with a bike tire valve so it can be filled with either a bike pump or an air compressor. This would also make it a lot smaller. What do you think?

#2 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:52 AM

The smaller gun would be cool. But the stock pump system works ok. So why would you do that?

#3 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:57 AM

This has been done.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#4 Trace II

Trace II

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

I plan on getting an air compressor and would like to be able to use that instead of the pump.

EDIT: Can you post a link?

Edited by Trace II, 02 July 2007 - 10:38 AM.

#5 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=8952&st=0
~AJAQ~

#6 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

Posted Image
You mean like this?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#7 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:19 PM

I could see this being a viable idea, if not an entirely practical one. You do realize that you are going to have to return to said air compressor after every shot, right? In addition, I would also make sure you have some way of telling how much pressure you have already fed into the tank (i.e. a regulator or a pressure gauge that measures psi) unless you want to break the gun and possibly injure yourself in the process. I personaly have 3 titans, two of which can be connected to an external bike pump via a length of tubing I ran from the airtank. It forces me to be stationary, but it reduces the priming to 4-7 pumps (7 for maximum range). Just my two cents worth... feel free to try out your idea, just stay safe! :)

#8 Trace II

Trace II

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

I also plan on getting a regulator. I could bring a small bike into battle if needed. My sentances do not flow very well.

#9 Jimbobaway

Jimbobaway

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:10 PM

The use of an air compressor would ultimately defeat the purpose of taking off the original pump by sacrificing portability for a quicker reloading process. As Rover said, it would require you to plug the titan into the air compressor before each use. Providing that air compressors need to be plugged into a power source and they are quite cumbersome, using one during any sort of battle would be near impossible. I would honestly like to see you prove me wrong, although I highly doubt you will. Using bike pump is a good idea though.
I find it ironic that Nerf can be bad ass...

#10 wldworld

wldworld

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

It's been done... I did it with CS's DIY external air tank. Here's a video of my tank hooked up to my Magstrike:

And here's a video of CS with his tank hooked up to his Magstrike/Titan/Hornet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmJ4ITbx4_Q
QUOTE(Dragoon @ Jun 23 2007, 02:47 PM) View Post

I broke my clippers trying to cut the spring. So I couldn't break the spring with my bare hands so I used a hammer to pound the clipper handle and one of the clippers broke off.

#11 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

Thank you Wldworld! I was trying to find CaptainSlug's topic about his HPA/Low pressure tank setup. I have no idea why I couldn't seem to find it. Anyways- Wldworld is right. It's been done before, and if you really want to, you can do the same thing to your Titan.
P.S. -Wldworld, I watched a few of your videos, and I must say I am impressed! Nice work!

Edited by Rover, 02 July 2007 - 08:43 PM.

#12 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

Where is ryan with is minimized titan, or bags, or anyone else? Simple cheap and easy.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#13 Trace II

Trace II

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

Only having one shot isn't so bad because I would use it for geurilla (?) attacks i.e. run up, shoot, run back to my air compressor.

#14 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

And then while you're running away, you get shot in the back because you have nothing to keep them pinned down besides perhaps a sidearm - guerilla only works if you can keep them from chasing you, my friend.

#15 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

Have an air compressor in your backpack.
Shoot
Flip the switch
Turn it off
Shoot

It only needs to be on for 3-5 seconds.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#16 wldworld

wldworld

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

Shoot
Flip the switch
Turn it off
Shoot

You're an idiot.

A: Smaller air compressors are pretty fucking heavy.
B: You turn it on to fill up the compressor's tank, so you don't turn it on after every shot.
C: Are you going to run an extension cord to your backpack?
D: There have been so many better answers in this thread - such as having an external pre-filled tank or using a bike pump that takes less pumps to fill the titan. Any of these take less time than the "3-5 seconds" you turn on your "backpack compressor".
E: You didn't even think out this at all. You don't just plug a compressor straight in to your gun unless you plan on having shards of plastic explode in your face.

Edited by wldworld, 03 July 2007 - 09:56 AM.

I broke my clippers trying to cut the spring. So I couldn't break the spring with my bare hands so I used a hammer to pound the clipper handle and one of the clippers broke off.

#17 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:02 AM

Shoot
Flip the switch
Turn it off
Shoot

You're an idiot.

B: You turn it on to fill up the compressor's tank, so you don't turn it on after every shot.
D: There have been so many better answers in this thread - such as having an external pre-filled tank or using a bike pump that takes less pumps to fill the titan. Any of these take less time than the "3-5 seconds" you turn on your "backpack compressor".
E: You didn't even think out this at all. You don't just plug a compressor straight in to your gun unless you plan on having shards of plastic explode in your face.

I'm pretty sure he was thinking of something like this. Definitely backpack size, battery powered, also has auto shut-off when pressure is reached.

Ease off a little, maybe switch to decaf.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#18 wldworld

wldworld

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

Shoot
Flip the switch
Turn it off
Shoot

You're an idiot.

I'm pretty sure he was thinking of something like this. Definitely backpack size, battery powered, also has auto shut-off when pressure is reached.

Ease off a little, maybe switch to decaf.

I thought he was thinking of an actual compressor. That's more of a pump type thing.

#19 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:27 PM

It is an "actual compressor". Portable compressors work the same way as stationary ones. Mine runs on batteries and has plenty of power. I'm hooking it up to my Titan as well, although I'm leaving in the original pump.

#20 wldworld

wldworld

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

It is an "actual compressor". Portable compressors work the same way as stationary ones. Mine runs on batteries and has plenty of power. I'm hooking it up to my Titan as well, although I'm leaving in the original pump.

Just make sure it outputs at that low of a pressure reliably, or you risk blowing the internals up in your face. Any idea what size fittings the internal hoses of the Titan are?

#21 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:07 PM

Not sure. I'm planning on standardizing all of my air guns on bicycle-pump connections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users