Quick Fix Couplings

How do you work one of them?

5 replies to this topic

#1 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

I searched, but I didn't find anything about it. In one topic, Commander erik said to use a quick fix coupling. I asked how do you use one and dark infection explainded it, just not really helpful though. Can someone explain to me how to set one up and how it's supposed to work?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#2 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:51 PM

The one I have looks a bit different, but you install it by:

1. Cut a slot in your PVC first to put a dart in.
2. Put the quick fix coupler in your PVC.
3. Tighten both ends of the quick fix coupler until it is some-what tight but you can still move it around
4. Now just make a stopping thing so it doesn't fall off either end and make it cover the slot you cut out so it creates a pretty much air tight seal.

Hope this helps.

#3 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:03 PM

Could you post a few pictures if you dont mind?

#4 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:15 PM

Well, I guess I should have explained better. One end of the repair coupling is the same OD as a regular peice of 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC. The other end has the same ID as a coupler of the same size.
The one you saw in that picture has about 1.5" of crayola marker jammed into the end.
Here is that pic again for reference:
Posted Image

To set them up, just put a coulper on your gun as you would wiht any coupler mod.

Mark a little bit (1/8" or so) past where the closed position is:
Posted Image
Cut the fitting with your dremel/saw as shown:
Posted Image
The end with the e-tape is the end that goes into the coupler.
Then just put the breech into the coupler and away you go.

I had the idea to nest some brass (9/16") into some PVC and nest it a little bit back, so that about 1" or so is in the breech. (as it is with the crayola)
The only problem with that is that the exit of the breech (where marker is nested) has a slightly smaller IDthan regular pipe. I just sanded it down a bit. That slightly smaller ID would be perfect to nest brass into, though, as you wouldn't have to wrap it in e-tape.
If you need any thing else, just ask.
USA

#5 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:22 PM

In the first picture, the part that hold the crayola barrel attach to the coupler on the GUN?

#6 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:57 PM

No, that's the end that you put the barrel on. The slidey-over part is not shown (it screws off).
In the second picture, the end that has the black e-tape is the part that goes into the gun. In that picture, the crayola would be on the right side.

This pic might better show what I mean:
Posted Image
I this picture, the crayola would be on the left side of the orange dart.

Just pretend the ball valve is the coupler on your gun. The plain, white PVC is the barrel, while the black/gray PVC is the gun.

Edited by commander erik, 30 June 2007 - 11:58 PM.

USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users