Photo

Bbb/at2k Integration

14 replies to this topic

#1 Sypth

Sypth

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

Since I haven't contributed that much to the NH community I'd thought I'd post a little mod/integration I did with my BBB today. Questions? Comments?

Posted Image
Peter Griffin: Men aren't fat lois, only fat woman are fat.

#2 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

This counts as a contribution? Whatever, it looks cool, fun to use also. Do you just pull the at2k pin to fire? I would string a keyring coming out of the back scope to the pin, that would be cool. What ranges do you get on the 2k? The barrel looks awfully long, so I would guess the barrel is loose.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#3 Sypth

Sypth

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:47 PM

This counts as a contribution? Whatever, it looks cool, fun to use also. Do you just pull the at2k pin to fire? I would string a keyring coming out of the back scope to the pin, that would be cool. What ranges do you get on the 2k? The barrel looks awfully long, so I would guess the barrel is loose.

Yeah, if only I had a keyring, the barrel is loose and around 6 pumps I get 110feet, but both of the guns are extremely accurate.

#4 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

No offence, but that doesn't count as a contribution. With a wright up? Yeah. The barrels on both look a little bit long. I wouldn't pump the at2k more than 5 times. Other than that its pretty clean. Is the At2k hard to pump? It looks like it is a difficult spot to reach.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#5 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Does this really deserve a new thread?
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#6 Sypth

Sypth

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

No offence, but that doesn't count as a contribution. With a wright up? Yeah. The barrels on both look a little bit long. I wouldn't pump the at2k more than 5 times. Other than that its pretty clean. Is the At2k hard to pump? It looks like it is a difficult spot to reach.

~l337

Nah it's very simple, and I reinforced it so it could withstand 6 pumps. And yeah it isn't really a contribution, I just haven't posted much on this site so I thought it'd be nice to do so for a change.

#7 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:58 PM

I think it's a valid contribution. One suggestion: Try to integrate the triggers so you can fire both barrels with one trigger pull.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#8 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

No offence, but that doesn't count as a contribution. With a wright up? Yeah.

you dont have to post a wright up for it to contribute to the community as some of us do like to look at what people have done, so it is a contribution. now drop the leet speaking shit and be nice.

Now I wasn't sure if you had or hadn't replaced the barrel, but I thought that you had. So I guess I'll give this myth a PLAUSIBLE.

- Dark Infection on 115 foot NF ranges

#9 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Decent job, but it looks very clumsy to fire the 2k.

A way I saw a while back was done with the older sister of the 2k, the SM1500.

You mount the pump on the side like you did, but you mount the chamber through the pistol handle in front.

This puts the second trigger in easy reach mid-firefight. Although you would need a keyring which it appears you don't have.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#10 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:30 PM

How did you reinforce the At2k?

That's pretty cool. I think it counts as a contribution, because I don't think it really needs a write up. Also, it might spark people's minds to do something similar to this.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#11 Sypth

Sypth

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

I poped the tubes off the sides and found this very strong epoxy that can handle up to 2000 pounds of pressure or something like that, and glued the tubes back on, and also did the same with the air tank, so I could pump it to 10 or so and I'd be fine. Bad part is though it takes a day or so to set and it has to set in a warmer place, but it's well worth it in the end.

#12 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:05 PM

A way I saw a while back was done with the older sister of the 2k, the SM1500.

You mount the pump on the side like you did, but you mount the chamber through the pistol handle in front.

This puts the second trigger in easy reach mid-firefight. Although you would need a keyring which it appears you don't have.

You mean this? http://webbzterx.tripod.com/id47.html
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#13 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

How come not a single friggin' person seems to be able to write write-up??? And I think this counts as some kind of contribution because different mods inspire people to either copy or improve their designs. Also, you don't need a write-up for everything that you make. Your BBB is cool, except the at2k barrel looks a little long. You should remove some of the e-tape to make the gun look cleaner, but other than that, your gun is pretty good.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#14 Sypth

Sypth

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:10 AM

Thanks, the only reason the E-tapes there is so it hides the white of the PVC I used to straighten the barrel. And the barrel is long because I'm looking for accuracy over feet since this is my most accurate gun.

#15 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:17 AM

There are really some mods where a write-up is not even necessary. I have written up a mod where I was hard pressed to actually explain anything because it was so damn simple.

Okay. Uh, hot glue the shit here, like you see in the photo. Now cut that, like you see in the photo. Dremel this so it will... fit. It is the modder's choice to post a write-up or not to do one, not the critics' choice.

Anyways, if anybody even needs a write-up, he clearly says he will answer questions.

Now if we could talk about his mod and not the lack of a write-up, that would be great.

A problem with putting the firing pin through the back of the scope is that when the gun is cocked, the scope is pulled backwards (which could fire the the at2k via keyring). I think having the AT2k shotgun loaded would be the most effective thing for a nerf war (and use it as a hold-out weapon).
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users