Longshot Sopmod

now with pics of completed product

53 replies to this topic

#26 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:06 PM

I have been staying out of this, but I have to join now. For triggers, use braided steel cable. That stuff is a pain to jack up and can be guided by straws. Second, if you rig the pump on the bottom gun to the forgrip and can charge both guns at once, why not? Then single out the pump on the integrated gun with a bolt and lock, so you can only fire the main gun if you want, then the bottom doesn't get the junk beat out of it. Use a system like the SNAP-4bp.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#27 Assulted by Longshot

Assulted by Longshot

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:26 AM

Yeah, sorry about the flashlight/torch confussion :) . I am getting my longshot within the next week so i'll then be able to try out some of these mods. It takes a long time to get a cheap longshot to Australia :). I want to try a flashlight attachment of some sort as well as have the shotgun fore grip.

Does anyone know measurements for the front part of the gun (where the bi-pod came from) including the parts that alot of people cut off. I think it looks a bit scrappy when there is a hole in the bottom of your gun ... (like CS's gun on about page 4 of the Angel breech write up.)

Thanks for all your help... I will post plenty of pictures when I get my Longshot.

#28 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

actually, im gonna put rails on the bottom of the LS and make the pistol slide off and on and make the shotgun grip slide on before being able to be used shotgun style

Edited by Shadow_nerfer, 27 June 2007 - 09:23 AM.

Now I wasn't sure if you had or hadn't replaced the barrel, but I thought that you had. So I guess I'll give this myth a PLAUSIBLE.

- Dark Infection on 115 foot NF ranges

#29 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

The confusion in this thread is what everyone thinks a "foregrip" is. If all you want to do is advance the bolt, then it is possible, but what's the point? I think Badger was saying a shotgun foregrip wouldn't be possible.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#30 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, sorry about the flashlight/torch confussion :) . I am getting my longshot within the next week so i'll then be able to try out some of these mods. It takes a long time to get a cheap longshot to Australia :(. I want to try a flashlight attachment of some sort as well as have the shotgun fore grip.

Does anyone know measurements for the front part of the gun (where the bi-pod came from) including the parts that alot of people cut off. I think it looks a bit scrappy when there is a hole in the bottom of your gun ... (like CS's gun on about page 4 of the Angel breech write up.)

Thanks for all your help... I will post plenty of pictures when I get my Longshot.

Sorry I don't have the Leg area anymore (on it's way to the recycling plant), but I do still have my friend's LS with me (Only have it for another 3 days until we meet up for DIE HARD!! "Yippie-kay-ya, motherfucker"), and here's the measurements for the frontal area of the main LS.

Posted Image

Hope that helps.
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#31 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

would you consider the sopmod a success if the pistol stuck out from the front and down a little bit? i am thinking about how to cut the pistol to get it to slide on smoothly and still be able to be taken out and shot with the grip with a few inside changes.

Now I wasn't sure if you had or hadn't replaced the barrel, but I thought that you had. So I guess I'll give this myth a PLAUSIBLE.

#32 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

this double posted because of a computer glitch. sorry

Edited by Shadow_nerfer, 27 June 2007 - 02:58 PM.

#33 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:21 PM

As long as it holds together and does what it is suppose to do, I'd consider that a success.
If it juts out a bit, lets let the cosmetic department deal with it. :(

#34 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:40 PM

and, as an update, i have pictures of the work in progress, so please excuse the tape.

whole gun(hard to line up)

Posted Image

and the rail on the bottom(will be removable) Posted Image

and sorry for the images being this big, its my first online posting of an image.

i plan to have this done before i go to Oswego NY this weekend, if i dont i'll finish it on monday. i have scrapped the integrated trigger idea, and the pistol will slide on and have the handle intact and be like a grenade launcher on an M16 or M4A1 for shooting. i hope to have a laser sight or a flashlight or even both made for rail use soon. i will do the pistol tomorrow.

Edited by Shadow_nerfer, 27 June 2007 - 10:07 PM.

#35 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:31 AM

Looking good so far, I wanted to paint my friend's LS too, but he says I need limits so it's a "no-go".
I would have painted it red, since I remember seeing a nicely painted red LS before, and definitely not black, I don't want my friend being questioned by the police every time he brings it out in public <_<

#36 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:31 AM

oh yes, and did i mention that i am proving that this can be done by hand because i currently have no dremel?

#37 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

here is my complete front gun attachment, and it does work. it goes on and comes off by use of the rail.

everything separated
Posted Image

the front gun slid on
Posted Image

and
Posted Image

tell me what you think and tell me if you guys want me to do a write up of what i did.

#38 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

tell me what you think and tell me if you guys want me to do a write up of what i did.

I'd have to say, since you didn't integrate the triggers, a write up isn't all that nessicary. Just attach a rail to each gun, add glue, and make cuts so the guns fit well when put together.

#39 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:55 AM

Not the prettiest, but pretty neat. What kind of rail is that/where did you get it? Does it lock the front gun in place?

#40 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:14 PM

im working on the integrated trigger, and it doesnt lock in place yet, but i used a computer keyboard tray side rail.

the tape is only there because i need to make sure i have what i need to attach the rail to the bottom and secure it there, it will be gone soon.

Edited by Shadow_nerfer, 28 June 2007 - 12:16 PM.

#41 BOB-A-LUBEEHHH

BOB-A-LUBEEHHH

• Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:17 PM

Good job nice paint but the tape is sloppy use epoxy.

#42 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:23 PM

actually, im gonna drill into the side of the LS and make it so the clothespins on the sides can screw in and make something that goes around the front and secures it in so it can be removable.

#43 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

an update for those who care, i have redone the pistol's linkage to the rail. it now has a wood piece underneath and has duct ta[e around it for stability. i'll post a picture some time in the near future if people care to see it, as it is cleaner now (scotch tape is removed).

#44 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:34 PM

What you essentially did was re-invent what hasbro did when they released the longshot. Except instead of making the frong gun look smooth, in the style of the rest of the gun, and clean, you put it underneath the main gun. I fail to see the point, especially since you put the stock barrel extention (the main reason people get rid of the front gun altogether) back on the gun.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#45 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

He did it so he could switch it from the sidearm, to a foregrip, and possibly other underslung weapons. Once he gets the system properly functional, he could atatch the system to just about any gun he wants.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#46 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:17 PM

What you essentially did was re-invent what hasbro did when they released the longshot. Except instead of making the frong gun look smooth, in the style of the rest of the gun, and clean, you put it underneath the main gun. I fail to see the point, especially since you put the stock barrel extention (the main reason people get rid of the front gun altogether) back on the gun.

well, its like spectre said, as soon as i get the system finished, it will give me the freedom to put just about anything i want under there(im going to look into putting a rocket down there in the future). and as for using the stock extention, i replaced the main barrel with it for now so i can wait to get some brass to make the barrel as i dont have a job yet.

#47 Shadow nerfer

Shadow nerfer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

anyone have some suggestions of a cheap nerf rocket launcher that i could buy to make another attachment?

#48 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

anyone have some suggestions of a cheap nerf rocket launcher that i could buy to make another attachment?

They only one I can think of is the Titan, or maby a BBB. I underslung a Titan, and it is so much fun. It's like an loser-assault rifle with a rocket launcher/shotgun/heavy-loser rifle on the bottom. Asside from those, I can't think of anything else, although I do suppose you could try underslinging an Air Hogs pump and fire rocket thing. That could be very interesting.

Why is s n i p e r being turned into "loser" every time I enter it?

Edited by Spectre666, 01 July 2007 - 10:28 PM.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#49 FoamJango

FoamJango

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

Uhhh...Maybe the N-Strike Titan. I think you could probably find one on eBay for about $15.00 Or if your lucky $10.00 U.S. But if not I have a pretty good non-Nerf that I can sell to ya. If you want it PM me.

-FoamJango-
Arsenal: My Trusty BuzzBee Lever Action (nicknamed The Spinal Tap), NightFinder and a Maverick.

#50 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:55 AM

Spectre, asshole is being turned to loser because there are no s.nipers in nerf. The range isn't great enough and niether is the accuraccy.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users