New trigger + universal integration system

5 replies to this topic

#1 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:16 PM

I had a 750 that I planned on integrating into my RF20 and wanted to make it leech off the RF20's air supply. I realized that was a bad idea after a while but still had the separated internals joined by vinyl, so realizing that I was never going to use the RF20 anyway, I decided to put the 750 on my Powerclip. So it's not really an integration but it's still nifty. The cool thing is that the 750 can be taken off and put on any other gun with this "system" on it.

First the trigger for the 750 tank. I was digging around for keyrings today to use and after putting one on the firing pin realized I didn't want to use one after all. Maybe I just put them on wrong but I always have to worry about them slipping off and I don't have many around. So this is my solution:

Posted Image

I slipped a mini zip tie around the firing pin of the 750 after pushing the spring up on the nub on the back of the tank so it wouldn't get in the way and tightened it only a little way. Then I put another one through that zip tie and only tightened it one or two clicks:

Posted Image

Then I tightened the first one and cut off the part that stuck out from the zip ties and came up with this:

Posted Image

Now that the trigger was out of the way I needed a way to attach the 750 to the PC. So this is what I came up with for that:

Posted Image

The couplers are on the gun so that I can slip the 750's barrel (it's PVC couplered so whatever I use as a barrel involves PVC) and its pump tube (wrapped in a bit of e-tape for a snug fit) in and out of the couplers so I can put on and take off the 750. Here it is on the PC:

Posted Image

And the trigger on the finished "integration:"

Posted Image

Scrunching my tiny arms in to pull the tiny 750 trigger:

Posted Image

The first time I glued the couplers on with super glue and even after sanding both surfaces they snapped off, so I flooded the bastards with hot glue and now they're rock solid. When I get some epoxy I'll probably reglue them with that just to be super safe but for now it's working flawlessly. With three Stefans in the 750 barrel it gets about 50', making it a nice medium-range backup. I'm going to add couplers to some other guns to make the idea useful but only after I can be absolutely sure it works in a war on the Powerclip.

Thoughts?

Edited by NerfMonkey, 24 June 2007 - 11:19 PM.

SexD Warves

#2 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

Looks good. Did you ever think about mounting the barrel/750 tank lower, so you could pull both triggers with one hand? Are we going to be seeing this thing in action on Saturday?

#3 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:34 PM

Great idea. I might just have to steal it. :) Nice and clean, I like it.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:38 PM

I considered putting the 750 tank nearer to the PC's trigger but the PC's case is really curvy and there wasn't enough usable, flat surface area down there to do it. I would've liked to have done it that way but it's easier to aim with the tank up near the top anyway. And yes, you will be getting shot by it in a few days.
SexD Warves

#5 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:16 AM

That is a very nice set of guns. I would love to use that. Now don't get me wrong this is just a question unless I learned wrong a integeration is when the gun goes inside another gun's shell. That is what I learned. All in all if that holds up in a war that will be a awseome. Props!
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:05 AM

The whole point of it is that the 750 is not inside the PC's shell, this way I can put it on other guns. It fucntions the same and is for the same purpose as an integration, which is to make it easier to carry two guns.

It's easier to say integration.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users