Photo

Crossbow Coupler Question

8 replies to this topic

#1 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:12 PM

So, I've searched high and low and can't find what I'm really looking for. For those with crossbows, how do you make nested brass/pvc coupler setups? This will be my first brassed gun (PETG has been my choice of barrels), and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I looked at cxwq's maxshot mod, but I don't think you can do the barrels like that on the xbow since the 17/32 brass will be too far inside the casing to reach. Let me know what you guys are using please!

#2 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:02 AM

Well for all of my rifles, I have a PVC coupler on top of a CPVC coupler. For the crossbow, you can glue a length of PVC or CPVC directly to the plunger tube and put a coupler on that which sticks out of the gun case a little. Also, check out the nested brass crossbow mod on the modifications portion of this site: here

Hope this helps!

Edit: I read your post more carefully, and it seems that you want 17/32 brass for a coupler for 9/16 brass along with a PVC coupler. You should put a length of 17/32 brass inside a slightly shorter length of PVC so that the PVC coupler can still go onto the PVC. Then, your barrel, the 19/32 brass, will be nested inside PVC and sticks out a little. If you don't understand my confusing post, check how FA_24 did the pump action shotgun level 2 for the double coupler part.

Edited by blister, 25 June 2007 - 12:06 AM.

Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#3 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:43 PM

Thanks, but I really didn't get it from your post. Do you have a crossbow coupler'd? I was really looking for people who have one and how they do it... So if you guys that have one could post some pics/description that would be great.

#4 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

Yes, actually I do have a coupler'd crossbow. Just glue 2-3 inches of PVC directly onto the plunger tube and stick a coupler onto that. Then take a 12in piece of 17/32 brass and stick it into about 10 inches of PVC. This is your barrel.

Yea, this is my description simplified. I don't have pictures ATM as my camera is being dumb. Did you look at Rawray7's mod?: http://nerfhaven.com/mods/rawray_xbow/
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#5 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

Currently I am using a CPVC Coupler for my X-Bow. The barrel itself is a piece of CPVC nested inside a piece of PVC and then a piece of PETG with some Hot glue on the end, attached to that same piece of PVC (the dart is loaded at the back of the CPVC). Personally I have found in the past that brass and PETG are the best materials (usually nested in a PVC Breech setup). It really depends on your darts and if your looking for pictures, I can post those as well.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#6 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:13 PM

Don't know what you mean, but I hope this helps.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#7 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

Okay, that's almost exactly what I'm looking to do, except with sch.40 pvc. My question, I guess is this: Will it matter if I just have a 1/2"pvc coupler directly onto the plunger tube, and the barrel in nerfboi's link? as in, load the dart into a 17/32" nested brass barrel, place that in the coupler with no brass on the plunger tube end? Will this work?

I guess what I want to know, is... do I need a piece of brass inside the pvc coupler or can I forego that piece of brass and just use brass in the barrel?

#8 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:59 PM

I think it will, just make sure to glue the coupler on straight.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#9 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:03 PM

No, I don't think so. Thats just to ensure a PERFECT,well almost perfect seal.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users