Photo

Nerf Grenade Idea

13 replies to this topic

#1 Legault

Legault

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:08 PM

I think it would be a cool idea If someone managed to make a nerf grenade that looks like this:

http://image.orienta...img/35_586a.jpg

It would work like an airsoft grenade except it shoots suction cups everywhere! Do you guys think it's possible?

#2 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

Do you guys think it's possible?

I don't think it's possible. I don't think it's possible because all you will ever do is talk about it.

Prove Me Wrong.

Edited by Gyrvalcon, 24 June 2007 - 04:13 PM.

-Knowledge Is Power-

#3 Legault

Legault

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

No access to the materials ;)

#4 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

Two things I need to point out about this topic.

1) The admins will not tolerate any more concept threads, knowing that they will never come to fruition due to excuses such as "not having the money" or "unable to get the materials".

2) This topic should have been in the Homemades forum to begin with.

Now, for my on-topic response. Grenades are not needed in Nerf. Nerf is not a mil-sim, it is not paintball, nor is it airsoft. It is Nerf. To make a grenade that would fire suction cups everywhere, the question is, where is the Nerf dart? Many people have tried to make grenades, but most wars don't allow them, from what I have seen.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

Grenade ideas never work. Also, you have the name of a professor i HATED at Towson university. Everything points to a ban, but something is telling me not to. Consider yourself lucky.
I hate you.

#6 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

Well, Badger, I believe grenades ARE LEGAL in most wars. The only problem is they aren't effective enough to be used, so it isn't really an issue. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by shadowkid33, 24 June 2007 - 09:22 PM.

how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#7 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

Well, Bager, I believe grenades ARE LEGAL in most wars. The only problem is they aren't effective enough to be used, so it isn't really an issue. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have not seen a single grenade being used at any Nerf war I have attended, nor have I heard of any being used at any, excpet for small, private wars, like a clan's wars.

Any veterans out there that want to field this for me, go right on ahead. My major point is this. We play with Nerf GUNS. We modify Nerf GUNS. I see the use of grenades as another step at trying to make parallels between Nerf and mil-sims.

Also, my name is spelled Badger.

At this point, I shall withdraw myself from this discussion further. I see no need for grenades in Nerf. If Hasbro makes one, then I'll accept it, but until then, I'll settle for shooting you. More satisfying and requiring more skill than just throwing something at someone.

Edited by badger, 24 June 2007 - 05:28 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#8 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:58 PM

one more nail in the coffin:

airsoft grenades are made of cork and use an explosive charge to fling bits of everything everywhere. The last thing nerf needs is explosives. (think about the idiot with the titan and the shotgun shell.)
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#9 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

Opps, sorry 'bout the name thing badger, all fixed.

I think the only reason grenades aren't used is because they aren't effective. I really agree with what you're saying though, grenades do not have a place in nerf wars. I think if a good one was made though, some people would adopt it, I personally would not be one of those people though.

Oh and MY LORD LAY OFF THE GUY WITH THE SHOTGUN SHELLS IN THE TITAN ALREADY. I've seen that commented about in at least two topics besides the one it was posted in. Go rant about it there, not here.

Edited by shadowkid33, 24 June 2007 - 09:27 PM.

how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#10 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

If you can get this to work, I'm sure you'll be the envy of the forums (at least for a little while...).
It's a neat idea...but it would be hard to fabricate and to get to work well enough for a practical use.

Just keep at it and, maybe, you'll come up with a way to make his work.

Edited by Ronster, 25 June 2007 - 12:27 AM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#11 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:07 AM

If you really want to know if it will work, please try it! I have been reading posts on the Haven for many months, and one of the things that makes it so great is that instead of just talking about things, the people who come up with them go out and act on their ideas. Anyways, on the subject of grenades, Captain Slug made some nerf grenades out of these folding wireframe frisbees a while back... <-- That video is the guide on how to make them.

#12 supercraft99

supercraft99

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

I don't mean to be a joykill, but wouldn't this suck in a Nerf war? Even if you came up with that engineering miracle, you'd only get a range of a few feet.
QUOTE(Nonsense Man @ Aug 21 2007, 05:40 PM) View Post

Do you mean 50 feet or is it 50 inches??

Vancouverites (and surrounding areas), PM me if you Nerf.

#13 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

Other than the fact that I believe grenades should be restricted to paintball/airsoft, where is the fun in them. I personally would rather have the satisfaction of knowing that I nailed some guy from 60 feet than threw something at him and got lucky that he was facing the wrong way. But if you can build this, and build it well, I'll take back everything I said just because I very much doubt you can pull it off.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#14 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

I've also never seen a grenade used in a Nerf war. The most practical way to use it would be to chuck it at someone and not depend on the "splash radius" of a couple feet. We may as well be pelting each other with tennis balls, and that's not Nerf anymore.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users