E-mailing Hasbro

Telling Hasbro what we want!

12 replies to this topic

#1 FREE RUNNER

FREE RUNNER

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:21 PM

I don't know if any of you have ever wrote to Hasbro. I just recently wrote to their Consumer Affairs (hasbro@custhelp.com) not thinking I would get a real response. The e-mail that I sent contained the following: "I was wondering if I could buy a couple of clips for my Magstrike. I lost both of them and can't seem to find a way to buy new ones. Please help. Thank you for your time." and to my surprise they gave a very interesting reply. They said "Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your interest in our product line.
Unfortunately, the clip is not available separately. Your request will be shared with the product team for consideration.We would be glad to assist you with any further inquiries you may have concerning replacement parts for our products. Please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance to you.".

Now when I say "interesting" I'm referring to the fact that they mentioned that they would share the idea to their product team, as if it was a good idea or had potential to make a difference. I think if perhaps some of us here at NH e-mail hasbro about this problem in particular or other parts and problems, we might be able to get something added and/or changed.

Oh yeah, I really wasn't missing my two clips for my Magstrike. It was an attempt for sympathy, so that they would let me buy a couple extra. It didn't work for that cause, but it did shed some light on what we could accomplish as a group.

I realize that some members have wrote about petitioning for new Nerf products or existing ones. That's not what I'm suggesting. This is simply an attempt to get as many people as possible to e-mail, and let them know it's not just one person willing to take the time to e-mail them about something that needs to be added or changed.

Also this is my first post, and I have been here about a month or so looking around and reading a lot before attempting to write a post. I have searched to see if this has been mentioned and found nothing similar, so feel free to comment.

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:35 PM

Don't waste your time.

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=8987&hl=
I hate you.

#3 FREE RUNNER

FREE RUNNER

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

One man Clan I'm not saying make new products. But sell replacement parts that are highly needed. How do you think they started selling clips for the LongShot? I think they were probably getting e-mailed complaints from nerfers like us.

#4 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:53 PM

Did you read any part of that topic? Not to be an asshole, but read the WHOLE TOPIC. That means ALL the replys. Then maybe, that is a very large maybe, you'll understand why OMC put the link there.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#5 FREE RUNNER

FREE RUNNER

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

Wow! I read the hole post. And didn't see anything about selling replacement parts. And not only that I showed in my original post prof of my e-mail response from Hasbro. They said "Your request will be shared with the product team for consideration.".That tells me that it's a possibility.

#6 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

IF, you read you would have seen what OMC said. He, and other well respected nerfers go to the Nerf HQ. OMC and company tell them what we(nerfers) want, need , etc...

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#7 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:11 PM

Wow! I read the hole post. And didn't see anything about selling replacement parts. And not only that I showed in my original post prof of my e-mail response from Hasbro. They said "Your request will be shared with the product team for consideration.".That tells me that it's a possibility.

That message that you quoted is a nice way for them to say, "Thank you, but no thanks." They have the best of the best in the NIC to pool ideas from, plua they do chekc in on NH and see what is going on from time to time.

Also, though they must know that we do modify the guns, they do not advise or condone it, from my understanding. For them to sell replacement parts for the internals would be a major legal issue. For example, what if they sold rplacement bladders for the Magstrike and someone had the brilliant (insert heavy level of sarcasm here) idea of combining them together to increase range. Now let's say it worked, but after awhile it literally blew up in their faces and hurt them. Hasbro would become liable since they sold you the parts. Though you could just buy multiple Magstrikes to get the bladders, if Hasbro sold the spare parts, they are saying that it is okay to open up their guns and modifying them to more harmful levels than they intended, thus making them legally responsible if anyone was to get hurt. They put the AR and weakened systems in their guns because they are intended for children. It is also to conform to federal standards that govern the children's toy industry.

Look at this example. The company, Marshmallowville, that makes the Marshmallow Shooter and Blaster, made some changes to stop people from easily changing the firing dynamics of their toys. The shooter had a small piece in the magazine that helped the "ammo" to leave the tube, but this piece also allowed you to shoot other things as well, like thumb tacks, so they removed it. They don't sell it for legal reasons. Their newer gun, the Blaster, is a scaled down version of the original design by almost 50%. They are releasing the full power version soon, but it can only be sold to people over the age of 18.

In short, Hasbro doesn't sell replacement parts because it will like admitting to the world that they know we mod their guns and now they allow it. We do it, accepting the dangers involved. We become legally accountable if someone gets hurt, but by selling spare internal parts, Hasbro would shoulder that burden instead.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#8 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

Do you really think that Hasbro will say yes to selling you parts you broke or ended up broke because you modified their guns? They tell you NOT to modify their guns. Even if they didn't say that they didn't want you modifying them, you would probably get a bullshit answer like "well since your gun is modified, it doesn't fit the manufacturer molds, so a replacement part might not work. Sorry for this inconvienience."

So give up and save yourself some time and frustration and stop posting in this thread to try and change OMC's and our's minds just so that you feel like you have one victory. I've already been there, you won't get the victory by just posting in your little topic.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#9 FREE RUNNER

FREE RUNNER

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the comments. I now have a better understanding of how it works. I wrote this to get a better idea and I did. I guess I really just wanted a couple of extra clips for my Magstrike not the internals of any gun. And hopefully with my one e-mail. We will have extra on the shelf.

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

Most of the newer people don't know about the relationship between NH and Hasbro.

We're fortunate and blessed to have several lurkers at NH who are on the product development team at Hasbro.

We're also fortunate to have a member of NerfHaven who I believe is on the product development team (correct me if I'm wrong, One Man Clan).

Notice I ask One Man Clan to correct me if I'm wrong. That's because the One Man Clan, Groove, Talio (am I missing anyone?) have had exclusive privileges, not afforded anyone else, to visit Hasbro HQ, and meet up with their development and promotion teams.

Several wars have also been visited by Hasbro representatives (complete with free weapons to give away!) who observed the gameplay, and even treated some of them to lunch.

No bull. All real.

Now don't everyone go and harass OMC, Groove, or Talio. Not that you'd want to trifle with them online anyway if you value your NH membership. And don't go and PM the Hasbro rep (who will remain anonymous from me) about all the littel piss-ant requests and desires for "full-auto grenade launching assault force douche bag tactical platoon squad beret" guns.

Hasbro reads NerfHaven. That should sum it all up. That's why we try to keep some order here. We ain't the frontrunner for nothing.

-Piney-

EDIT; FreeRunner...you never know! There might be replacement clips for the MS soon! We just didn't want to get too many newbies all hard-up to bombard Hasbro with e-mails.
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

Theres sorta why they don't sell replacement parts. If you read the warniong on the gun(s) and/ or boxes they came in, it said NOT to MODIFY them.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#12 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

Free Runner, I could see them selling magstrike clips separately. It's probably an issue of either demand, or making them and offering them for the right price.

You are correct Piney.....sort of.

Until very recently we had a registered user on here who was one of the lead engineers for Nerf and other brands at Hasbro. Not even a week ago, I got a note from her saying she was leaving the company. She is a very intelligent and very talented person, so I'm sure it was merely a career choice. I wished her the best. It was great for her to let me know.

My other key contact, a lead designer is still on staff. He was out of work for a few months recovering from surgery, but is now back to work full time. To my knowledge, he may have an account, but I do not know it.

Back on track. The basics to know here are:
1) Hasbro does appreciate feedback and I'm sure they really will pass along the word. What they do with that info is entirely up to them
2) While they do acknowledge us, you need to know 2 things. First, that they cannot and do not condone our mods and homemade stuff. Don't get me wrong, they think it's cool on an unofficial level, but thats about it. the other thing is that we are a small SMALL portion of their customer base. I would boldly say like 1% these days. While we provide them with excellent feedback, they have to appeal to a mass market. If the product is endorsed by us, it's really just a bonus.
I hate you.

#13 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:18 AM

I still wear my Nerf shirt the two engineers gave us when they came, its a hell of an ice breaker.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users