Photo

How To Cut Internal Tubing?

8 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

I've been wondering this for a while but have never really figured it out. But lets say I wanted to intergrate 2k intrernals into something and I wanted to get rid of thta liquitron thing.

Do I...
-just replace the tubing with tubing of my own?
-do I cut both sides of the liquitron and use some sort of tubing coupler?(don't know their name)

Which way is better?

Also can you GLUE the end of tubing to .say a 2k pump?
How do you attach it?

Sorry for this kind of stupid thread but, I seriously don't know how to do it and I would like to.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:01 PM

The cleanest way is to use barbed tube couplers
Posted Image
In 5/32", 3/16", or 4mm sizes
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

EXACTLY what CS said. But it's hard to fins in Lowes, but not too sure about Home Depot. You can find them McMaster.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

I'm not quite sure if this is right, but somewhere I heard that JB Weld or something can rReally Really Effeminatee it or seal it or something...
I found it when I was looking for a AT2K mod...

-keef
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

Be careful removing the liquitron for the at2k. The valve that holds pressure in the tank is right before the liquitron, so if you just get rid of it without taking other precautions, you'll the ability to build up pressure.
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

Ahh barbed couplers. Ok gotcha thanks!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:23 PM

You know how the liquitron orange part is glued onto the air tech 2000 tank? Do get rid of that and use tubing to bridge that gap? If so how do I remove the orange part that is glued onto the tank?

Where is the valve in the tubing? As above mentioned?

Can someone please get a picture and show me where to cut? Or explain it.

This will help a ton .

Thanks

#8 SM750

SM750

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:43 PM

Lucky for me I have a broken AT3K because I took off the liquitron thing to integrate into a firefly and my epoxy wouldn't seal the hole. I'm goin to Ace Hardware today and I'll look for the barbed tube coupler. If they have it I'm integrating my AT3K into a DTG. If they do not have it how do I attach vinyle tubing to the pump? I'm not trying to jack this thread but I didn't feel it was necessary to start a new topic.
Also, stop being such a Jew and buy PETG from me.

#9 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

Alright come one, I've seen many of you do this. Plesae just explain what you do.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users