Dragonforce!

Are their any fans here?

30 replies to this topic

#1 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:51 PM

About 2 months ago I got into an awesome power metal band called DragonForce. So far on this site, I have only seen one guy who likes Through the Fire and the Flames, which is DragonForce's most popular song. Is anybody else here a head-banging, metal-thrashing DragonForce fan?
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#2 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:56 PM

I can't thrash to them, they're too damn happy. I guess I'm getting too old for all that jazz.

Yeah, I like 'em though.

#3 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:06 PM

Dragonforce is the best metal I've heard.

Too bad Metal sucks.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#4 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:08 PM

Me and my friends think that Dragonforce is super amazing, and not ridiculous in any way, oh... and they totally don't double track.

I hope you can sense my sarcasm... Dragonforce *shudder*
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#5 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:26 PM

Dragonforce obviosly an awsome guitar. But personaly I don't like their singer.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#6 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Hahahaha, DragonForce. Any band that had to speed up their solos before they could play them sucks in my book. Also they are pretty terrible live.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

Actually, they're pretty good live.

What's this about speeding up solos? Need proof.

#8 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Dragonforce is good except for the singer. People posted before me said the same thing. And no they dont speed up their solos if they did you could tell because notes would start to sound the same although some do but hey its a solo give 'em a damn break. But now that im done, yes im a fan not a big fan but a fan none the less. I like Dimmu Borgir (sp) better.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, I kinda like Dragonforce.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

Dimmu Borgir is not power metal.

What's wrong with the vocalist? I see you saying he's bad, but you're not saying why he's bad.

#11 voidSkipper

voidSkipper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

I was planning on lurking but.

Hell yes I like Dragonforce. I saw them live when they came to Adelaide a couple of weeks ago - all that crap about them not being able to play live is flat wrong. They were flawless and just as fast as in the albums. Also all those tabs saying they play in drop C or D tuning is wrong - they didn't have time to retune and their guitars never left the stage.

Even the singer was good, despite the youTube videos of his voice sucking live - lovely chap even leaned passed the bouncer to slap me a high five!

It was in a really small venue, too, so I managed to get front row of the 'pit.

From what I hear they're already touring again - with Arch Enemy, no less - but they're not doing Australia.

#12 Zach

Zach

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:30 PM

I can't thrash to them, they're too damn happy.

I agree completely with you there, it's a good band, but not the type to headbang to.
NerfX , for all of your Nerfing needs.

Have a fix for some foam? Come on in, the doors are open!

#13 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

Oh My God! Captain Slug that was the most insane Line Rider video I've seen in my entire life. How are you so amazing at everything?! I worship you! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! (hope you understood my reference to Wayne's World)

~McFlurry
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#14 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

How are you so amazing at everything?!

I have patience and a really long attention span.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#15 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:27 PM

Dragon Force is simply amazing. Even if you don't like that type of music or the singer you have to admit there solos are crazy. And they do not speed up anything I saw them live at Ozzfest last year. A couple of my skeptical friends came along and were just blow away.

And CapitanSlug that was by far the most awesome line rider video Ive ever seen. I have patience, but god damn.

Skitzo-

Heh 69th post.

Edited by Skitzo, 20 June 2007 - 06:28 PM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#16 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

I like listening to Dragonforce while playing Gauntlet. I also like to listen to it when I am speeding or running or doing anything super fast. I played the cd to a co-worker of mine and she loves it. "It's like when you play that mario game and get the star but all the time." I laughed pretty hard when I heard that. I enjoy Dragonforce but it some songs do sound repetitive. Song 1 and 2 sound the most similar to me.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#17 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:54 PM

Dimmu Borgir is awesome. The dragonforce i heard thanks to cs video is good but like everyone else I dislike the vocalist. Anyone else like 3 inches of blood or bloodbath?
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#18 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:40 PM

I don't want to get into an argument, but 3 Inches of Blood and Bloodbath don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same post as Dimmu Borgir and Dragonforce.

For their genre, they're not bad, but they just don't measure up to bands like Dimmu and Dragonforce.

#19 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:35 PM

Rambo I agree about 3 inches of blood but I just really like bloodbath. Exodus anyone? Just not shovel headed kill machine.
QUOTE View Post

A shit ton.

#20 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:45 PM

Well, I'm not saying they're bad, but you can't say they compare to DF or Dimmu.

Exodus is great, I saw them live a few months ago. The drummer is INSANE. I think he had at least 20 different drums/cymbals/whatever.

It really made me mad that they, Napalm Death, and Black Dahlia were all opening for Hatebreed. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!

Edited by RAMBO, 20 June 2007 - 10:46 PM.

#21 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

Wait a minute. Did I read that right? Exodus OPENING for Hatebreed? Should be otherway around. Your so lucky to see Exodus live. Your right that you can't compare them to Dimmu. Hellhammer is amazing on In Sorte Diaboli. My favorite song is The Sacreligous Scorn.
QUOTE View Post

A shit ton.

#22 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

That's the problem with metalcore. It's what the majority of teens/20's like, even though it's far less of a genre overall. There are some metalcore bands that I like A LOT, but I'd go see just about any metal band before a metalcore band. It's just marketing; a tour with Hatebreed headlining will gross more than if Exodus is the main act.

#23 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:29 PM

3 Inches of Blood is my favorite band, bar none. I don't care what everyone says, how much they suck, I fucking love them and thats all there is to it. I got bored of Dragonforce, it's kind of all the same and it's just too fast to actually get into and rock out (minus RedBull of course). Exodus is awesome, and for metalcore I love Unearth.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#24 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

Dimmu, Devil Driver, Unearth and someone else Kataklysm I think were on tour 2 months ago. THAT would have been a good show. Couldn't go cause it was 2 hours away at 10 plus school.

Edited by baseballnolan5, 20 June 2007 - 11:31 PM.

QUOTE View Post

A shit ton.

#25 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hahahaha, DragonForce. Any band that had to speed up their solos before they could play them sucks in my book. Also they are pretty terrible live.

~l337

Dude, they don't speed up their solos. I've seen them live and I loved it. And please, I want to hear from people who like them, not the haters.

Song 1 and 2 sound the most similar to me.

Do you mean Revolution Deathsquad and Through the Fire and Flames? Well the keyboard solo in Through the Fire and Flames is the same as the guitar in the begining of Revolution Deathsquad. But other than that, I think they sound pretty different.

I don't want to get into an argument, but 3 Inches of Blood and Bloodbath don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same post as Dimmu Borgir and Dragonforce.

For their genre, they're not bad, but they just don't measure up to bands like Dimmu and Dragonforce.

Hell yeah.

Edited by Liam, 21 June 2007 - 03:36 PM.

The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users