Photo

Crossbow Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

I know most people put rubber bands/bungees on their xbow but when I put one on mine the cocking handle kind of bends upward when the gun is cocked. Is this normal and if it is do I risk breaking the handle from it bending like this? Thanks in advance for an answer.

#2 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:58 AM

It depends on where you hook your bungees. If you've reinforced the plunger shaft, then bending shouldn't be a big issue. I would reinforce it if you haven't already. The one on my Crossbow bends slightly on occassion.

I've seen people hook them in the loops near the top of the gun, and I've seen the hook them in the open area near the front of the gun. You're probably better off hooking them from the front of the gun to the cocking handle as it's probably the most straight shot between the two, and should limit the amount of bending on the plunger shaft itself.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#3 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:29 PM

Also, if you are adding bungees, then don't forget to reinforce the two plastic prongs that the spring rests on right before the trigger. I put a bolt behind each one.
I reinforced my plunger shaft with a 1/4" steel rod and it hasn't failed me yet.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#4 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:42 PM

Well, it can also depends on how powerful the bungees are, if you put too many Super- Strong Bungees, than the cocking mechanism will for sure break, on my x-bow I have one really powerful bungee cord. Good luck! :(
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#5 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:54 PM

Yea everything is reinforced just the point past the metal bar I have in the plunger rod bends upward slightly. Im thinking I can put some foam in the shell in the stock so I prevents the rod from bending too far all the time.

#6 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:40 PM

Even if it doesn't bend, it can still be broken by the bands. You're better off reinforcing the rod. It'll save you a lot of aggrivation later on.

#7 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:11 PM

If I remember right, I taped a piece of FBR about the handle in the track so it couldn't bend up.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users