Apoc 2007 (nj)

Official Thread

185 replies to this topic

#76 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

The directions work no matter where you're coming from. For VA you're going to be coming into Jersey via Interstate 95 North, take that to 195 East, then take 195 East to the Garden State Parkway North. The directions do you fine from there. Shit, if all else fails just Google Map something like Whale Pond Rd in Oakhurst, NJ.

Don't use Mapquest, it blows.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#77 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

I think Rambo has an actual address for the park entrance we'll be using. Rambo, if you could, post it...
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#78 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

You may want to think of a different gathering point for the masses that will be showing up. That parking lot will not accomodate the number of vehicles that may be showing up. I counted only about 20-25 spaces total in that lot. Just a thought.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#79 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:51 PM

Is anyone from the midwest (Ohio area specifically) going? I would love to go, but carpooling would make it much easier.

#80 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

You may want to think of a different gathering point for the masses that will be showing up. That parking lot will not accomodate the number of vehicles that may be showing up. I counted only about 20-25 spaces total in that lot. Just a thought.

Badger may have a good point. Is there another entrance that makes more sense logistics wise? Or are we counting on the fact that most people will be carpooling and our car count will be less than 15-20?
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#81 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

If we can't find anywhere on site, I'm sure we could use the Monmouth Mall on Rt 36 as a suitable meeting point. That way we can pile everyone into the higher capacity vehicles(I'm gonna bring my van for the gatorade cooler, anyway) and minimize the cars at Deal.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#82 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

Badger may have a good point. Is there another entrance that makes more sense logistics wise? Or are we counting on the fact that most people will be carpooling and our car count will be less than 15-20?

If you plan on around 60 people coming and try to average 3 people per car then the main lot should accomodate us (28 spots total). That being said there are additional parking lots along the center and northern side of Deal but anyone who parks there is probably going to need to be shuttled to the actual playing area.

FOR PEOPLE USING GOOGLE MAPS (fuck Mapquest):
271 Whalepond Rd.
Oakhurst, NJ 07755(if you don't specify the town it will take you to the wrong 271 Whalepond)

His Most Infinite Shindigitiness will probably add this to the front page.

Here is also a link to a most excellently horrible MS-Paint image of the park because you fuckers wouldn't comprehend the satellite imagery.

The area designated "Trail Parking" is the preferred parking lot.
The area between "Leaf Compost Site" and "Bddy Soccer Field" offers additional parking along the fence.
The area designated "Overflow Parking" is probably a mile away from the acutal Nerfing area. Fuck that.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#83 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

How about rather than everyone carpooling together (which doesn't make sence for everyone who has nearly-full cars) we either have the people who are being dropped off (I know my crew will have three cars dropping us off) come earlier to ease the traffic? I don't know if there's necessarily a problem with cars, but we have to find out how many people are carpooling/parking there etc.

#84 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

I have found that in certain events when there is not enough parking, people find parking on the grass near the parking spots. Would this be a problem?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#85 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:27 PM

I have found that in certain events when there is not enough parking, people find parking on the grass near the parking spots. Would this be a problem?

Yeah, that would be a problem. As a general note please DO NOT park on the grass, throw your shit on the ground, or in any way disrespect this park. This is our home field, and if anyone takes it upon themselves to ruin it for us we will be very upset.

#86 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:45 AM

Front post was edited to reflect the info given by Famine. Would have been up earlier, but this week at work sucked.

Two weeks until your head count is due in my inbox!

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#87 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

I do hate to say this, but with my new work schedule, I may not be able to make it. In fact, I probably won't.

Have a blast everyone.
Tyranny Response Team

#88 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

Would love to make it since it's only a 25 minute drive. But I will be in LBI that week. Sorry.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#89 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:16 PM

LBI is not that far...in fact I made it to last year's Apoc because I was in Normandy Beach instead of at home in Ridgewood.

Confirm me for this year. I don't know if any friends can make it yet.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#90 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:59 AM

One week left until head counts are due to my PM box. Talk to your groups about the date and driving accommodations. We want to make this war go as smooth as possible, and having an approximate number of attendees is our only way of doing that.

#91 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:46 PM

I'm double posting due to an update and that fact that Evil told me that I was above the rules. :D

The list as of 07/16/07 reflects those that have sent me a headcount over PM. I know a lot of people gave us numbers in the thread since it was created, but I want those numbers ironed out better. Right now we have a headcount of 28-36, which is solid. This number doesn't even reflect the Horsemen, Rambo, etc. I don't blame anybody for not getting their numbers in yet, especially those that have been driving/flying everywhere to Nerf. Look at your calendars and get back to me.

The LCM will look at who we have after this weekend and plan accordingly. We've got some good ideas and hope everyone has a good time at Deal. This war could almost reach almost 60 people, which would be insane. Considering this abnormally high turnout, we need an accurate number of attendees.

EDIT: The Headcount has steadily increased since this was first posted. Considering how the Maybes will work out, we should have in upwards of 45 people at this war with a maximum of almost 60 people. This will be insane.

#92 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:08 PM

I will be coming with z80. Are there any restrictions on guns like at deal?
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#93 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

We don't have any set-in-stone restrictions about certain guns, but we have historically never allowed homemades.

In terms of power, we don't like guns that are ridiculously strong(Brassed Titans, sm5ks, the usual).
Such guns are going to be up to review before the war starts.
If you have such a gun, bring a backup primary, just in case.

We don't have a problem with a gun going 150', we just care about the damage it will do at 10'
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#94 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

That sounds fair.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#95 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

We're pretty reasonable when it comes to powerful guns - our only concern is whether or not they will hurt the balance of each round. My advice is to bring a few primaries for selection just in case you have something we would agree is just too strong or painful; the last thing I want Apoc 2007 to be remembered for is an argument, fight, or serious injury brought on by an unfair gun.

Edited by Evil, 16 July 2007 - 08:35 PM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#96 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:49 PM

My bad, I thought we only needed to PM if our headcount was different than what was in the first post previously. My count is still 4 - me plus Forsaken and two of his fellow Canadians.

#97 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

Can't you read the sign? NO CANADIANS! (Except Stefan)
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#98 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:41 AM

What sign? I don't get it. It is probably not worth another post to answer. Just edit your last post.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#99 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

Put The Horsemen down for 6 total.
-3 Horsmen (myself, Vacc, Ash)
-3 Guests

We'd prefer to play on the same team as frequently as possible.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#100 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:28 AM

Right now the head count is 53-62, which is insane. As of right now, the LCM is waiting on Warlock. If anyone wants to pelt him in the head to get an answer out of him, I'm all for it.

Due to an initial miscommunication on my part, I never received a confirmation from Crankymonkey or THIRST. If someone has their contact info, please shoot them an IM or something. Thanks.

Expect more updates next week. The LCM will get together and begin planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users