Photo

Nerf Regulations?

25 replies to this topic

#1 jimsbrother

jimsbrother

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 05:20 PM

I have not been Nerfing for very long at all and have only atteneded one war, but i have notice that the game is pretty much free-form. Though there may be time limits, and other ways of playing, such as the 3-15 rule, I feel as though there should be some regulation as to wat guns and how much ammo a nerfer brings to a battle, or whatever you want to call it. There should be a limit to how many stefans someone brings to a battle, as not everyone has a multi-shot gun or a lot of money for that matter. There should also be a limit on how many guns a nerfer brings in a battle and not just have a paintball gun with a stefan in it. Some of these regulations are probably in use allready, but there should probably be a universal standard, or maybe im an idiot or too much of a newbie
-Jim's Brother

#2 Puddle of Foam

Puddle of Foam

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 05:36 PM

There are different styles of war, and each clan/area uses a slightly different one.

Whatever you think makes the game fun and fair.
Do you have the papers...?
No, but I have a big [BLEEP] gun. That's good enough for me!
-Fallout 2

If anyone was wondering, I'm RoboNerfer from NO. And I'm U.n.c.u.T.! on NerfHQ.

#3 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:31 PM

There will never be rules as to how much ammo or guns someone can bring or use in a nef war. That would be gay.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 07:02 PM

It would kinda be silly to run around with seven guns anyway. Even though hersh has at least that many integrated into that thing he's got. And up untill GnomeFEST, there hasn't been a time for the LGLF when we weren't running out of darts left and right, so we're usually limited in number of darts anyway. And with the restrictions on specific guns, I think there used to be some established LCM rule pertaining to that that never really became an issue. Something like if the gun is obviously going to hurt someone, or if more than two or three people object to it, it's out of the game.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 09:01 PM

I think you remember the rule better than I did.......

Yeah, there has to be some regulation as to which guns are fun and which ones are plain dangerous. One of the twins modified a paintball gun and let's just say it drew blood. To make a long story short, we don't allow guns if they are too powerful.

~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#6 Doogie

Doogie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:10 PM

That would be gay.

Homophobia strikes!

Be a little more creative. Why not say that it'd be "fettered and rank?"

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:11 PM

Why not say that it'd be "fettered and rank?"

Cause that would be gay.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 11:28 PM

Yea like Talio and GunnedDown NAMBLA gay......
I hate you.

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:55 AM

That one's going to get you a head shot at the fall war.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 sosafan2

sosafan2

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 07:32 AM

Personally, I think there should be some rule against using guns that shoot over 100 feet, but that's probably just because I'm not used to how much they hurt.
sosafan2@hotmail.com

#11 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 09:12 AM

Well, its not necessarily the gun that causes the pain. Its the dart too. You could have a gun that fired 150 feet, but have the dart foam tipped. On the other hand, I wouldn't allow a gun that fired 60 feet that used metal tipped stefans either. I think the dart makes a big difference in the amount of pain caused.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#12 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 10:20 AM

In the SoCal wars we have banned homemades and conversions. We take mods on a case-by-case basis and evaluate for safety. So far the only modded Nerf gun we have disallowed is a brass 5k so we're drawing the line at around 130' flat.

All homemade darts must have nothing other than foam and hotglue exposed on the tip. The weight must be an inert object that isn't likely to cause cuts if it were to become exposed or be ejected during flight. We have specifically disallowed the use of powerloads, thumbtacks, and screws as weights for this reason.

All participants must use eyewear at all times. There are no exceptions.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 11:53 AM

Is this a new rule for you guys, I've noticed many times in the Armagedon Pics that Vacc is using Binky. Hmm...Well thats good to know.

Talio.

#14 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 12:19 PM

Yea let's regulate what guns can be used. And how much ammo you can carry. Then we'll include handicaps. Better players will have to tag the opposition, and those who aren't all that great, they can all use crazy pimped out guns with all the ammo they want.

Regulations ruin anything. Enjoy yourself. Because that's why 9 out of 10 of us Nerf.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#15 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 02:05 PM

That was beutiful evil. :P
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#16 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 02:15 PM

Is this a new rule for you guys, I've noticed many times in the Armagedon Pics that Vacc is using Binky. Hmm...Well thats good to know.

Talio.

Binky falls well within the rules I described.

It doesn't shoot over 130' flat, and it's a modified Nerf gun. Well, 3 actually.

I guess I need to clarify. We do not allow converted water guns, PB guns, etc. We do not allow homemades (anymore). We do not allow brass 5ks.

The reason we disallowed all these guns is safety. They are all capable of shattering cheap sunglasses and causing eye injury at close range.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#17 jimsbrother

jimsbrother

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 02:38 PM

I dont think we should regulate the game that much. We shouldnt take what guns are being used that seriously, its jus taking out guns that will obliviously hurt people, and allowing a certin amout of ammo per battle to a person, so it more fair and more tactical, unlike paintball which is just point and shoot. Conserving ammunition may make the game more interesting, or less interesting. But at any rate, I do agree with Evil, it is about habing fun.

-Kid Dart

#18 jimsbrother

jimsbrother

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 02:39 PM

Yes Habing fun.

#19 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:59 PM

I think one thing that makes the game interesting is that you have to make your own ammo. The more you make the more you can shoot. The thriftier you are at picking up darts in battle makes you more effective. I definetly don't like ammo restrictions, we used to HAVE to do it when we played unmodded because we just didn't have any ammo. I love that I can make 200 darts and then use ass loads of them in battle, honestly if we tried to resrtrict ammo use, it would only last one or two rounds, because what happens if everyone looses all the ammo? The only up side would be that Nixon might become over powered. He'll just hang out and wait for everyone to run out of ammo. So in conclusion, I like the way things are. The game works, the more experienced nerfers kick ass, and newbie's, like newbie's should perish. This is the way of things, right from the lips of Yoda himself. Newbs get beat up on their first couple of wars, and because of it, they learn, and become more experienced themselves. If it were any different the game would take a huge hit. Death Matches should stay the same, I don't mind the occasional change, but all in all, the game already rocks, and no one yet has gotten tired of it. Thats my two cents,

Talio.

#20 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:06 PM

At apoc wasn't it you that I had to give the ammo that I found on the ground to? Yea I like being able to make our own ammo. If your ammo sucks your stuck with it unless you run around looking for ammo.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#21 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:31 PM

After big nerf wars, when Fred and my other nephew Anthony would hang out, we would take the 20 or so darts we had left and ration them out and play a few rounds at night in my backyard. While the battles we had were actually pretty fun overall, running around the backyard looking desperately for a dart sucks. Limiting the number of darts in a battle would just plain suck. What if the battle goes on for too long? You then have a bunch of kids running around looking for ammo with the kids who still have ammo standing off against each other without really fireing any shots. That's just not the point.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#22 jimsbrother

jimsbrother

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:11 PM

I suppose your right, but not take me for a jerk when i ask questions by posting ideas, im a newbie, so i rele jus wanna gain more of a prespective on the subject. But in this case, i wanted to say that maybe a person or small group doesnt have really any stefans at all or runs out during one big battle, it may ruin the day for them. I dont think we should restrict a person to like 10 darts, more like 30, so they have plenty of darts, but dont abuse the Poor and Stefanless.
-Kid Dart

#23 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 10:48 PM

Lefty, yeah that probably was me, but that was my first war, give me a break. And at gnomefest, my ammo was like on the other side of the damn park. Either way, yes I suck when it comes to ammo. Restrictions would only make it worse. And Brian, we don't think your a jackass. But you have to realize, that shit happens to me and others all day, I suck at finding ammo on the ground, I need glass BADLY, but am too stuborn to go get my eyes checked. So thus I tend to run out of ammo not being able to see it on the ground. I have run out a critical moments. You remember the battle we had at the military camp or whatever the hell that thing was. I was last man standing and was running around like a maniac screaming to you dead guys to give me ammo. Shindig finnaly hooked me up, and I think I managed to pull off one more kill, but it didn't ruin my day. I went over and got some more, or Hersh would kindly hook me up, but really, if you run out, it's on you. I think you'll find after you play a bit, it's really not an issue.

Talio.

#24 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 11:14 PM

Yeah, when you're in a group like that and you run out, you just gotta ask, and someone will throw you a couple of darts. Sometimes it's gotta be like that last Library battle we had, where you all throw in what you got and take what you need.

Note: Next time we do something like that, where we have to drive someplace to nerf from the main area, make sure we put everything in the car. Running out of guns that weren't broke really sucked.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#25 jimsbrother

jimsbrother

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 01:30 PM

This may be true, but if that is the case, then we should regulate teams instead of nerfers. Once we have seperated into teams, or if were doing a clan war, regulate how much ammo a team has. It can then be distributed throughout the team. The Expultion of unsafe guns can be done with indivual nerfers, but having some fair play couldnt hurt. If a team consisted of myself. Jimmy and Nixion, while the other had actullay good nerfers with ammo, we would be pretty much screwed. Im not saying we should change the way we play, just level the playing field.

Post Script: Phil, when are we going to get the LGLF together, make stefan, or do anything for tht matter. And updating the site couldn't hurt, the last war listed is Apoc, and your not including one members.

-Kid Dart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users