The... Uh... C

Yeah! The C!

13 replies to this topic

#1 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

After seeing so many air homemades here, I thought I should give one a try. I've always had a thing for air guns because of their shear power. This gun is just basically a shelled 2k, so a write up isn't really necessary. Here she is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just like the Tec 9, Flaming Hilt was the main inspiration for this project. He showed me his 3k homemade at the last war and it was just awesome. I was going to build the similar long body style with a stock.

I had the 2k guts in the main shell and tried using it with my cpvc breech. I found out that the 2k tank does not have enough power to propel the darts very far when I used the breech. Hence, I made a "pistol" instead. Didn't turn out too bad if I do say so myself.

Here's the trigger:

Posted Image

It's a standard allen wrench trigger that I epoxy puddied to the at2k firing pin. That pvc plate is to insure that it pulls back straight. Without it, the trigger is flimsy and air is lost in the pull.

Picture of the at2k tank:

Posted Image

The large pvc shell didn't sit tightly in the next smaller size pvc so I had to mount the guts in a different way. I screwed the smaller piece of pvc to the larger one by a wood screw underneath the tank. The grey bulge you see is adhesive backed foam that is pressed against the 2k guts with a pretty good force. Makes a perfect seal. All I had left to do was to lathe down the pvc to fit inside of eachother until I got to the coupler.

I know that may be confusing to read, but all I meant to say was the at2k guts are mounted and sealed tightly.

A couple of shots with the barrel:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Carrtoon, 17 June 2007 - 09:16 PM.

When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#2 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

It looks good. I'm going to guess it gets normal 2k ranges?

#3 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:54 PM

Hey, thanks. Yessir, it gets normal 2k ranges. I tell you what, it's really neat to build one of these things and see it work. Even if it's no better than a $7 at2k in performance, it's 10x as cool.

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

Yea! Carrtoon's first homemade!

I approve. Very clean, and very... well, I guess it's original. ;o)

If it were mine I would cover the tank; It's not really necessary but I just have a thing for important pieces (especially air conduits on air guns). Otherwise that thing is dang sweet. Again, very clean.

Can't wait to see more. Hope you bring that thing to NO SPAM.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:31 PM

Maybe you missed Tec-9 Hilt.
Nice Job Carrtoon. Its kinda weird, I had almost the same design in my homemade ideas notebook, but wouldn't have been able to pull it off as well as you did.

#6 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

Thanks guys. I'll definitely be bringing this to the war along with the Tec 9:

Posted Image

I would cover the tank, but I've had one leaking problem already. Without a cover I have easy access to repair. I'm condfident the seal is perfect, but, with all air guns, something always goes wrong.

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:19 AM

Woah dang. Yea I did miss that. Hot darn Carrtoon you sure make those clean. Can't wait to see 'em in action.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#8 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

The U-shaped design is an interesting concept, I like it. The trigger looks really small. Have you had any problems using it / plans to make it bigger? Oh and when you're heat pressed the PVC for the Tec-9's handle and grip, what did you do to prevent inhaling the chlorine fumes?

#9 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

Everybody sing along!

C is for Nerfing!
That’s good enough for me!
C is for Nerfing!
C is for Nerfing!
Go Nerfing, Nerfing, Nerfing with your C!

Needed to get that hout before my head exploded.

Without a doubt, that’s the cleanest tank housing I’ve ever seen..not a whit of e-tape or hot glue to be seen. I don’t go in for decoration much, but the C looks absolutely ripe for a paint job or exterior case decoration. Perhaps something on the case to fill it out, make it ergonomic, organic...curvy. Sweet work.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#10 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

It's a nice, um, job you have done here. I'm not going to call it a homemade. Really it's a modification I think.

But if this is a homemade, then I have a nerf m16 that is chain fed. Used it at DCNO and did well with it. Found some flaws, need to fix them.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#11 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:50 AM

It's a nice, um, job you have done here. I'm not going to call it a homemade. Really it's a modification I think.

But if this is a homemade, then I have a nerf m16 that is chain fed. Used it at DCNO and did well with it. Found some flaws, need to fix them.

Cool. Any pics?

Great work Carrtoon. I love it. Especially the C shape.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#12 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

Actually I do and I can take more of what I've done to it.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#13 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:10 PM

Very nice. I just don't like the shape at all.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#14 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

Sweet, my name starts with a C. I would so use that gun and kill everything.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users